Looking for a good master/reseller company

Hi, I wish to host my own sites and also maybe sell abit of webspace to my family/friends, nothing to major to be honest, But i need a highly reliable company, with which will offer me good bandwidth and HDD space.

I am from the uk and have used usa based companys before and had no problems with basic hosting with them, am unsure to go with a uk based or usa based company ??

I also need excellentt customer support, by email, telephone, skype, ect ect

I have also taken a look at jixhost and they seem to have all the bells and whistles.

But am worried about picking any old company who will overload servers and course alot of hassle for me.

I hope someone can help, Many Thanks

P.S jixhost if your on here, your site rocks

what specification you are looking for?
    ControlVM.com :: Elastic Cloud Hosting Alternatives to VPS Reliable Cloud Server
    Enterprise Hosting @
    Malaysia ● Germany ● USA ● Singapore
    We Accept: Paypal
    Alipay GrabPay Credit/Debit Card FPX Bank Transfer Bank TT

Try searching WHT for jixhost.com and spend some time reseaching others here.
    There are some popular UK hosts that might suit your needs, but be realistic about what to expect for what price.

Do you actualy need Master reseller ?
    If you go for 'normal' reseller you'll have a much broader choice, and some would question
    the ability / point of 'master' anyway.

Good Luck

i do like the sound of unlimited, but just how unlimited is that ?

the point of master is, so i would be able to have reseller accounts ect ect.

Quote Originally Posted by uk_lad View Post
    i do like the sound of unlimited, but just how unlimited is that ?

the point of master is, so i would be able to have reseller accounts ect ect.
    It's going to be as unlimited as the speed of your car !

Check & recheck terms, conditions AUP etc. to find the weakest link.
    Do you realy want to not only worry about 'your customers' but also the customers of your resellers ?.
    Because if your resellers customers screw up, it could impact on your own your account & your customers.

i see your point, do you know of any good hosts for my needs.

my budget to start with is around £10-£20 a month.

also i need something which can grow as i grow, ect ect, cheers

I would suggest you stay away from "Unlimited" and Master reseller offers.

Imagine the following scenario. A server with let's say 20 Master resellers. Each MR having 10 reseller accounts. Each Reseller having 50 normal hosting accounts. Do the maths and see how many sites could be hosted on that server.

My advise is to start with a Reseller account and then move to VPS if you want to sell reseller accounts.

I have been looking at VPS but the specs dont look to good ?

alot ive seen only have 50gb ???, some reseller accounts have 50gb ?.

I don't think you need a VPS. If you plan on selling hosting space at all or just want to have a good degree of separation on your accounts, a reseller package is what you will want.

As others will suggest, you should always check out the offers section. Tons of guys will throw in everything and the kitchen sink. I suggest staying away from anything that says unlimited bandwidth / storage. The offers section is really the best way to do some comparative shopping there to see what people are offering.

Also, most places have enough packages, or are willing to work with your needs as they change. I'd suggest sending them a note and asking what their polices on that are.

Best of luck.

I recommend Jixhost.com if you are looking to become a master reseller. The support and customer service is second to none, plus they have awesome servers.

Quote Originally Posted by EGC-Carlos View Post
    I recommend Jixhost.com if you are looking to become a master reseller. The support and customer service is second to none, plus they have awesome servers.
    I do like the look of jixhost website, but i have recently just came across sumthing about them stealing another websites content.

Quote Originally Posted by uk_lad View Post
    I have been looking at VPS but the specs dont look to good ?

alot ive seen only have 50gb ???, some reseller accounts have 50gb ?.
    50GB space on a VPS is guaranteed space alocated for you to fully use it. 50GB on a reseller account might not.

Don't go for Unlimited, Master Reseller Accounts, huge space reseller accounts. You depend on your future clients and you 'll have to decide if you want quality or everything unlimited.

As i said before, my advise is to start with a Reseller account. When your business grow and feeling ready to start offering Reseller accounts, consider a VPS.

Hello,

I always recommend any prospective customer to watch server loads as most hosts have this publicly viewable on their websites. This will give you an idea if the host is overloading their servers or not.

I want to clarify that the claim of a copied website from Jedito was during the previous ownership of jixhost and was with a completely different website then what is running now. I do not think a duplicate JixHost website can be found.
    U.S.A. High Resource allocation global cloud hosting serving 310,000 clients since 2008 | Offering both cPanel & DirectAdmin
    WebsitePlex.com | Instant Activation | Alpha, Master, Reseller & Cloud Hosting
    Recurring Affiliate Program Pays 20% of total revenue for life | 30 Day Trial

Quote Originally Posted by JixHost View Post
    Hello,

I always recommend any prospective customer to watch server loads as most hosts have this publicly viewable on their websites. This will give you an idea if the host is overloading their servers or not.

I want to clarify that the claim of a copied website from Jedito was during the previous ownership of jixhost and was with a completely different website then what is running now. I do not think a duplicate JixHost website can be found.
    thanks for clarifying that jixhost, also what is unmetered is that just the same as unlimited ?

jixhost where can i see the server loads on your site ?, cheers

Hello,

Unmetered and unlimited are the same thing. This is where we have the current servers live data displayed and is the actual server new clients will be residing in.

http://safe.jixhost.com/serverstatus.php

All the best,
    Jose
    U.S.A. High Resource allocation global cloud hosting serving 310,000 clients since 2008 | Offering both cPanel & DirectAdmin

Hello,

Unmetered and unlimited are the same thing. This is where we have the current servers live data displayed and is the actual server new clients will be residing in.

http://safe.jixhost.com/serverstatus.php

All the best,
    Jose
    thats clever , how can you justify between the $2 differance on the reseller packages and the unmetered , am just confused...

Pricing for servers are always falling, hence they keep getting more powerful with more capacity for a lower price. I understand our pricing is well below market, however we are still turning a profit and will be raising prices in the near future for new customers.

Pricing for servers are always falling, hence they keep getting more powerful with more capacity for a lower price. I understand our pricing is well below market, however we are still turning a profit and will be raising prices in the near future for new customers.
    do you rent a server at the datacenter or are you on VPS ?, am just asking because i would like a company/business with a more direct relationship with a data center.

We lease our servers from the datacenter.

We lease our servers from the datacenter.
    i see your level 3 is unmetered for the cpanel on the reseller package.

would i beable to use the same bandwidth and disk space as package 2 on package 3 and use more cpanels than the 10 qouted in package 2, cheers

also do you charge for phpcoin ?

Hello,

Yes as both packages are on the same server so its the same thing only without the limitations. PHPcoin is free and can be found in the included Fantastico on our cpanel.