Question New Moto's Android handset,do you guys think It can bail motorola out?

Like the Razr did,do you guys think that Moto's new android handset has the potential to do the same for the cell phone make?

I personally think that the Razr had far too much flair than features but It Isn't the greatest cell phone off all times for nothing.

Here's the source. :

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ibd/20091106...JvaWRzbWFydHBo

So what do you guys think?

Webhosting-10.com
    Webhosting-10.com Is now a Google PR 6
    We're Looking for Advertisers on our site (Anyone Interested?)

I picked up a Droid yesterday morning...I am pretty impressed with it so far.
    InterNich LLC
    Founder

Bringing you PicResize.com (More than 95 million pictures resized since 2005)

iPhone>Droid? I think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Nich View Post
    I picked up a Droid yesterday morning...I am pretty impressed with it so far.
    Cool man,let us know more about It after you squeeze more out of that great phone..

Webhosting-10.com
    Webhosting-10.com Is now a Google PR 6
    We're Looking for Advertisers on our site (Anyone Interested?)

The guys at Verizon tried to talk me into the Droid until I explained I needed to have a phone that could tether, at which point they agreed with me that I needed the HTC Touch Pro 2. Too bad you can't find them anywhere. It smokes everything!
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

I just got a Droid, I like it so far. Sis-in-law got HTC yesterday, doesnt like it. The only thing I dont like about droid so far is the fact that on the physical qwerty keyboard it's hard to hit the buttons at top of keyboard, but that is probably cuz of the protective case I have on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Webdude View Post
    I just got a Droid, I like it so far. Sis-in-law got HTC yesterday, doesnt like it. The only thing I dont like about droid so far is the fact that on the physical qwerty keyboard it's hard to hit the buttons at top of keyboard, but that is probably cuz of the protective case I have on it.
    I have no case on it, so the top row keys are fine. However, since I'm looking to get a case...which one do you have?
    InterNich LLC
    Founder

Quote Originally Posted by the_pm View Post
    The guys at Verizon tried to talk me into the Droid until I explained I needed to have a phone that could tether, at which point they agreed with me that I needed the HTC Touch Pro 2. Too bad you can't find them anywhere. It smokes everything!
    Fortunately, tethering is coming out early next year (that's what I heard) for the Droid which it something I'll probably get.
    InterNich LLC
    Founder

I was actually interested in getting it myself. SO the consensus is that everyone likes it so far?
    NEPA Fiber
    AS 394868 - Wilkes-Barre, PA
    █ Fiber Internet, Dedicated Servers, Colocation, Cloud
    100% Uptime SLA - 24/7/365 Support

Quote Originally Posted by Nich View Post
    I have no case on it, so the top row keys are fine. However, since I'm looking to get a case...which one do you have?
    I have this one in black

Quote Originally Posted by Hiveon View Post
    I was actually interested in getting it myself. SO the consensus is that everyone likes it so far?
    Like any new smartphone, it takes some getting used to and a bit of a learning curve. There's over 50,000 apps/widgets available (most free, some charge). I already have an RDP program and an SSH program, among many stupid freebies like a metal detector (that REALLY works and I wonder how lol). But yeah, the more I learn it, the even more I like it. It works with Enterprise Manager right from the start. I have it checking both my gmail and my work exchange email.

Is Tethering means connect the smartphone to the laptop and accessing the internet from the laptop?

In that case, Tethering is very important for me.

Quote Originally Posted by hellind2 View Post
    Is Tethering means connect the smartphone to the laptop and accessing the internet from the laptop?

Yes, that's the main use of tethering.

I have this one in black

Like any new smartphone, it takes some getting used to and a bit of a learning curve. There's over 50,000 apps/widgets available (most free, some charge). I already have an RDP program and an SSH program, among many stupid freebies like a metal detector (that REALLY works and I wonder how lol). But yeah, the more I learn it, the even more I like it. It works with Enterprise Manager right from the start. I have it checking both my gmail and my work exchange email.
    It's actually the magnetometer (compass) in the Droid that the app uses to detect metal.
    Otto Yiu
    Rsync Palace ● Providing offsite backups since 2007.
    Backomatic ● Hassle-free Automated cPanel/WHM, DirectAdmin, FTP, and MySQL backups.

I still think iPhone has an upper edge.
    Droid will lag behind as more developers stick to the iPhone Platform to develop apps.
    Softaculous - Auto Installer for cPanel, Direct Admin, InterWorx, Plesk, H-Sphere
    The only Auto Installer that installs 260+ scripts. Install in just ONE STEP!
    Virtualizor - VPS Control Panel supporting OpenVZ, Xen, KVM and has 60+ OS Templates
    Webuzo - Softaculous for the Cloud i.e. Softaculous Standalone

Hi!
    Droid<>Iphone = have to wait and see!

Neal Jasper
    Astraxis - Offshore IT Outsourcing Services.
    Server Management | Web Design and Development
    Astraxis.com

Looks like iPhone has some serious competition.
    • AussieHost.com • Aussie Bob, host since 2001 •
    • Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!! •

Quote Originally Posted by hellind2 View Post

If you get a phone that can tether, check that your carrier allows this. I'm on Telstra and they don't have tethering enabled for the iphone, even though the iphone is capable of tethering.
    • AussieHost.com • Aussie Bob, host since 2001 •
    • Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!! •

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bob View Post
    If you get a phone that can tether, check that your carrier allows this. I'm on Telstra and they don't have tethering enabled for the iphone, even though the iphone is capable of tethering.
    Not sure about the iPhone, but in general, depending on how it is done, the carrier may well have no way of determining that you are actually tethering. Examples are JoikuSpot for Symbian phones, and WMWifiRouter for Windows Mobile (I believe there's a similar app for Android).

In some cases there are separate plans for tethering, but to me, this just doesn't make sense when it's effectively going over the same data connection that you'd be using on your phone regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by alons View Post
    Droid will lag behind as more developers stick to the iPhone Platform to develop apps.
    The iPhone has the upper edge as it's been out longer. However, I disagree with developers sticking to the iPhone platform. Eventually (within a few years), the Android Market will probably catch up to the iPhone in the number of apps. By that time, there may be a number of "hot" smartphones utilizing the Android OS across multiple brands (Motorola, HTC, LG? Samsung?) and across multiple carriers.
    InterNich LLC
    Founder

Absolutely love the Droid.

Tether with PDAnet
    http://www.junefabrics.com/android/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by JG View Post
    Absolutely love the Droid.

Tether with PDAnet
    http://www.junefabrics.com/android/index.php

Well how bout that... It's even that simple.
    Ha, I would love to be running Android. Learning to tether my old Windows phone was not easy. Now I just utilize a USB aircard.

Ive always liked Motorola, and would likely purchase a droid if the timing was right.
    Machen N. Mathews - Limestone Networks - Business Development
    Cloud - Enterprise & Dedicated Hosting - Resell Dedicated Servers
    DDoS Protected - @LimestoneInc - 877.586.0555 x112
    Bitcoin? Coffee? Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by alons View Post
    Most programmers will find Android easier and less restrictive to develop for. Plus you realize that the app store is between 20,000 and 50,000, right? Apple only recently hit 100,000. Number doesnt really count anyway, they are both full of crappy apps with just a few good ones that really stand out.

iPhone app store has been out a LOT longer than Androids. So saying iApp has a lot more than droid is not a fair comparison. I doubt iApp had 20,000 apps this early in it's creation. That right there tells ya the Android store is catching up quite fast. Look at it from the developer perspective.... more popularity and/or money if you develop for BOTH. There is only one iPhone, but will be numorous phones running Android. Plus, NEW apps that are really good are more likely to be developed for Android first now..... since.... would you rather your app compete in a store of 100,000 other apps? Or one with only 20,000? Get your app in early..

I purchased the Droid on day 2 and I've been very satisfied. The only things that I've really noticed it doesn't have that are useful are pinch-to-zoom, decent music player organization. And though the phone supports multi touch the OS itself does not. This isn't really a problem, atleast not for me, because I see little benefit in the feature. The ability to run apps in the background is great. I love being signed onto Google Talk, be checking my email, and listening to Pandora radio, and using Google Navigation to help me get somewhere all at the same time. Even little things like being able to run Pandora while playing games help make the experience noticeably more enjoyable. Google Navigation works perfectly and has already saved me once in the week I've had the phone.

I don't think it's going to be an "iPhone killer" but it's definitely a great smartphone and deserves to sit at the top of the market with the iPhone.

Most programmers will find Android easier and less restrictive to develop for. Plus you realize that the app store is between 20,000 and 50,000, right? Apple only recently hit 100,000. Number doesnt really count anyway, they are both full of crappy apps with just a few good ones that really stand out.

iPhone app store has been out a LOT longer than Androids. So saying iApp has a lot more than droid is not a fair comparison. I doubt iApp had 20,000 apps this early in it's creation. That right there tells ya the Android store is catching up quite fast. Look at it from the developer perspective.... more popularity and/or money if you develop for BOTH. There is only one iPhone, but will be numorous phones running Android. Plus, NEW apps that are really good are more likely to be developed for Android first now..... since.... would you rather your app compete in a store of 100,000 other apps? Or one with only 20,000? Get your app in early..

I was going to say...50,000 or hell even 20k seems a bit too much. I guess its all filled with baby shaking heh.

But if I had to write a program, I would much rather write one for the iphone...their users have a history of buying a lot of crap
    Chicago Electronic Cigarettes: Tobacco Free, Smoke Free. 3 E-Cig Models, 11 flavors, and accessories.
    http://www.chicago-ecigs.com