1 month review ServerLogix

So it's been a month, there has been a lot done and said so far with them. Jason Scales I guess no longer works there.

Had issues with KVM on demand, took 3 days some times to get this so I went and then bought a KVM unit. Sent a server for colo this took a week because the power unit they did not have and couldn't find one to fix this so i was billed half the price on the night ship. I was told when I signed up IPs were free now i'm being charged even after I have Jason in AIM telling me to order 5 and I won't be charged. It's funny because the actual provider sells them for free.

Reboots most nights take a long time. Server setup well I paid on the 3rd for 2 new servers and i'm still waiting. I had requested to the actual DC for a reboot and I got an email back saying I'm not authorized to request such things. So that really ticked me off but i understand why.

There are only a few things I can say good right now and that's the network is very amazing! Last night I had to make a threat to take my servers else where if they didnt update me on my server setup and KVM setup status which they said would be today for "1" which I paid a few days ago so I'm paying for time its not online.

The IP I went and ordered took about 2 weeks to get 5 IPs. If this stuff is not settled and I get more issues I think I'm moving my services.

Once stuff is up and going it's all awesome and things go smooth it only seems to have issues when I need new services setup or a reboot.

LOL I had a ticket and had a reply they got my name wrong.... "its Jason not Josh."

The last KVM I wanted took 6 days to hookup, this is mostly because they have like 16 KVM units at least that's what Jason had told me before he left them which would of been nice to know been emailing him.

Lets see if things get better this and next month if not I'm going elsewhere. *sigh*
    Jason

Sounds like a fair review to me, unlike many other review posters who blatantly exaggerate and bash the host down for just some little issues.
    LIMENEX WEB HOSTING
    Affordable High Performance Web Hosting in United States & United Kingdom
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS | Managed Dedicated Servers | Cheap SSL Certificates

Quote Originally Posted by LaptopFreak View Post
    Sounds like a fair review to me, unlike many other review posters who blatantly exaggerate and bash the host down for just some little issues.
    Thank you I was trying to be fair, and just keep strait to the facts. It's a colocation review meaning setup, support, reboots, kvm, is all that should be reviewed as well as responds times. It is a good host but there needs to be faster reboots, kvm, and setup times as well as responds with updates then a day or more for responds and more then 2days for KVM. Honestly KVM on Demand means "on demand" and not "when ever we feel like it" yes I realise you only have so many BUT saying it's on demand and making me wait more then a day is not on demand.

Hopefully my 2month review will be better then this first one. I may move to there actual root DC only because of the IP issue, we shale see if they honor what I was told when I first signed up which was FREE IPs.
    Jason

Oh forgot to mention when I told them the IPs "Jason" said would be free they said there are no notes in my account, so I replied with an AIM message from Jason 2 weeks before saying it would be free and no replies from them at all. It shouldn't matter, I still have WHT private message from him saying my colo IPs are free.

If I go and sign people up for servers or colo and change there price i'd breach contract, isn't this the same?
    Jason

Correct, I told you they were free and they are/were.

Correct, I'm no longer working for the company and I hope that the review is positive to me and not neccessarily to the company

Quote Originally Posted by whmanaged View Post
    Oh forgot to mention when I told them the IPs "Jason" said would be free they said there are no notes in my account, so I replied with an AIM message from Jason 2 weeks before saying it would be free and no replies from them at all. It shouldn't matter, I still have WHT private message from him saying my colo IPs are free.

If I go and sign people up for servers or colo and change there price i'd breach contract, isn't this the same?
    Not really, unless an agreement you agreed to stated they were free and they went back on it. It's unfortunately common that sales reps lie. In this case you were also dealing with a 14 year old kid.

Jason,

You are 100% correct. I wouldn't dispute your post in anyway really. To say we did not live up to our promise would be correct. Jason Scales used to work for us but unfortunatly he is no longer with us. There were some parts of your deal that were worked out I guess on IM with Jason S. We were not aware of them as they did not fit into our normal plans. Not Jason's fault or yours, collectively I take responsibility on behalf of Sever-Logix.

The shipment of equipment arrived with no notice to our datacenter and as we have our space within a much larger facility it has been a bit of fun to track it down. Again, not blaming you but in the future get confirmation that someone is going to accept it and how to ship it. If you did with someone in our organization not in a ticket, may apologies we were not advised.

Either way, I think I agree with your assessment and would like to offer you a full refund for your time with us and enable you to move to a better fit if you wish. Please open a ticket and I will get it arranged and it will happen within 48 hours. I would ask you to make your decision within the next 2 days and let us know, again at our helpdesk reference to Andre NOT over IM, PM or any other M

We will of course try to make this an orderly transition to a new DC if you decide to take me up on the offer.
    André Allen | E: aallen(a)linovus.ca
    Linovus Holdings Inc
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers & Public Cloud | USA, Canada & UK - 24x7x365 Support

Quote Originally Posted by WireSix View Post
    Not really, unless an agreement you agreed to stated they were free and they went back on it. It's unfortunately common that sales reps lie. In this case you were also dealing with a 14 year old kid.
    While I agree with you, no point in making this customer unhappy. If he wishes to move on we will refund it.

No comment on anything else.
    Linovus Holdings Inc
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers & Public Cloud | USA, Canada & UK - 24x7x365 Support

Thanks Coolraul! I don't have just bad things to say about SL there are some good things well more good then bad just a few bad stuff for the past few weeks.

The network is great, the uptime is amazing too! Just a few things that need to be worked out like reboot and KVM.

Well, the whole shipping Jason was tracking that I gave him tracking info and thought he told you all. It's looking like this all is more of a communication error then anything. As Jason told me there were RTO and I have a ticket stating now that the server he told me cant be RTO until 2010, and other things like I was waiting for a dual xeon to buy for $400 which he kept saying he had to talk to his boss to sell first which was over a month ago.

I think I'll give it another month or two before I decide to move or not this is looking more and more of a communication error mostly because of Jason Scales. Sorry to say it Jason but it looks like it is. Don't get me wrong when Jason was on AIM he got my server rebooted fast which was very good not sure how long reboots will take now that hes gone.

Lets give it another month or two. Not all about SL are bad there are still good things to be said. Hopefully I can let more good things to come out and my next review will be a lot better!

But MOST IMPORTANTLY I want to thank both of the SL guys for coming onto the forums and making a reply, as well as making a reply to the tickets! Things are being worked out and that is what I do like about SL that if theres an issue some one works it on out!
    Jason

One last thing if Jason Scales was a 14yr old, am I working with anyone at SL thats the same or can you safely say I'm now in better hands?
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by WireSix View Post
    He had told me that he was the "VP" of Parana Holdings...

...(sorry if I got the spelling wrong cant find the company name)

But he said he was the VP of that company and SL was his side project. I'm like so confused about everything that is going on now, i was told about RTO servers, things like that and now i'm just wow I hope now that Jason is gone things will smooth out and that's all it was is just some "kid" telling me BS.
    Jason

One last thing if Jason Scales was a 14yr old, am I working with anyone at SL thats the same or can you safely say I'm now in better hands?
    I am 41 many people here have met me. I am also very handsome I should add.

There is no one at Server-Logix or the parent company Panira under 18 except 2 students we have hired to help out part time.
    Linovus Holdings Inc

Hello,

I can ensure you that you are in much better hands now. Server-Logix is a Division of Panira Holdings (http://panira.com). If you have any problems, just open up a ticket, we have also increased our staff to ensure tickets are answered as quick as possible.

Panira Holdings, thats the company name sorry I got it wrong in the other post!

I think I'll be in better hands now! Stick with you for another month if the review is better then this one then sweet if not I think I'll move! But for now I'll give it another shot.

lol very handsome haha!

EvilMan, does this mean reboots are going to be faster? The last thing Jason really told me is the reboots were being implemented into the billing and should be done soon, any ETA on this?

Coolraul, any chance I can get on MSN or AIM with you and chat ensure all the shipping stuff I have correct for future shipments or should I reply to that "My Account" ticket I have in my account?

Jason
    Jason

Hello,

We are still working on the APC in the client area, we will however make a announcement to all of our customers plus a press release when this is fully available and functioning.

Also, simply just reply to the ticket and we can confirm future shipping stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMan View Post
    Hello,

We are still working on the APC in the client area, we will however make a announcement to all of our customers plus a press release when this is fully available and functioning.
    Thanks for that bit of info.
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Coolraul View Post

There is no one at Server-Logix or the parent company Panira under 18 except 2 students we have hired to help out part time.
    Having met you at Hostingcon I can verify you aren't a kid, and quite the looker!

lmao wow! I should really go to one of those conventions some time!
    Jason

lmao wow! I should really go to one of those conventions some time!
    It's in Austin, TX next year. It's a good opportunity to meet everyone and do some networking.

I just thought of some thing, I remember some thing about what Jason had said to me in AIM...

A few tickets in the billing were marked to where only he could view them. That's great thats why a lot of my tickets like the RTO were never replied to.

Yeah, I'm going to def give SL a few months see where it all goes let them sort out the "JS Mess" wow.

I'll make a review in a month maybe sooner to update the WHT community on how the progress goes for colocation at SL.

Hopefully they have reboots up and ready in the billing system so it will be faster!
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Coolraul View Post
    Hahaha

Classic!

I'm going to update this topic.. I have decided to MOVE ALL my servers elsewhere. I'm sorry but when you have a client that paid for a server colo and the server finally gets up but the IP is not routing correctly to his country and the KVM put on it says "NO OS INSTALLED" the client tends to get very UPSET and demanding stuff or else.

So I've decided and my client has decided to find a place where support will be quicker, setup will be faster, IPs will be free, and many other things will be done the way I was told the first time.

The good thing about SL after all of this is Jason Scales is no longer there. I had a RTO 12 month server i was about to order and SL would of been sued after that 12th month because the server wasn't RTO but I was told it was.

So anyone looking into SL good luck but it just turned to be not for me. Very sad day though I thought and my client thought it would of changed after this thread but it didn't, well it did for a week or less now its just WTH. Still some tickets taking a day for replies and I have to bump them for the reply.

Jason Edwards - Upset Colocation Client
    Jason

Sorry to hear it didn't work out.

Sometimes if things are over-PROMISED (possibly a lie?) there isn't much a legitimate provider can do to live up to those inflated expectations. Hopefully you find a good home in your next provider.

I know exactly where i'll be moving. So hopfully ill get better luck with them.
    Jason

Jason,

I have asked for your contact info to discuss this with you. I agree that it is time for you to move on as we want our customers to be happy.

I will offer two comments however.

1) When YOU colocate a server, meaning you ship the server to a colo provider regardless of the provider YOU have to arrange for the operating system to be installed. Please understand that. We like any other provider assume that you have done your part in either setting up the server or arranging for us to do it with the appropriate remote hands services. We did the first few servers on your request with no charge but I think it is unreasonable to characterize this as a failing on our part. There is no accessibility to the server as we found out because you did not set it up. An IPKVM was put on there at your request to be able to configure things.

2) Please see the latest system generated email sent to you and action appropriatly.

You want the best for your clients as do we. I wish you best of luck where you go but we need to have a discussion first please.
    Linovus Holdings Inc

The good thing about SL after all of this is Jason Scales is no longer there. I had a RTO 12 month server i was about to order and SL would of been sued after that 12th month because the server wasn't RTO but I was told it was.
    Going to pipe in and disagree with you.

Quotes I have given you for 12 mo RTO in the past are actual RTO pricing patterns that were in place - no lies said when selling service to you.
    I think you'll find your service has depreciated since I have left. I recall from every time you dealt with me - you had a boost of confidence and were happy again.

So it's been a month, there has been a lot done and said so far with them. Jason Scales I guess no longer works there.

Had issues with KVM on demand, took 3 days some times to get this so I went and then bought a KVM unit. Sent a server for colo this took a week because the power unit they did not have and couldn't find one to fix this so i was billed half the price on the night ship. I was told when I signed up IPs were free now i'm being charged even after I have Jason in AIM telling me to order 5 and I won't be charged. It's funny because the actual provider sells them for free.

Reboots most nights take a long time. Server setup well I paid on the 3rd for 2 new servers and i'm still waiting. I had requested to the actual DC for a reboot and I got an email back saying I'm not authorized to request such things. So that really ticked me off but i understand why.

There are only a few things I can say good right now and that's the network is very amazing! Last night I had to make a threat to take my servers else where if they didnt update me on my server setup and KVM setup status which they said would be today for "1" which I paid a few days ago so I'm paying for time its not online.

The IP I went and ordered took about 2 weeks to get 5 IPs. If this stuff is not settled and I get more issues I think I'm moving my services.

Once stuff is up and going it's all awesome and things go smooth it only seems to have issues when I need new services setup or a reboot.

LOL I had a ticket and had a reply they got my name wrong.... "its Jason not Josh."

The last KVM I wanted took 6 days to hookup, this is mostly because they have like 16 KVM units at least that's what Jason had told me before he left them which would of been nice to know been emailing him.

Lets see if things get better this and next month if not I'm going elsewhere. *sigh*
    You should check out SteadFast Networks (if you haven't already). Nobody wants to go through the hassle of changing DC's, but their support is fantastic (no I don't work there).

Hopefully things will improve where you're at though.