Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    518

    Processor/computer becomes slow after coffee spill?

    Ok this may just be the weirdest question, but do processor or computer becomes slower after a spill of coffee?
    |ーWe are all born to this world To meet a certain person; it must be soー|

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    378
    No, they do not.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    934
    You've shorten their lifespan by a lot, given you haven't fried parts or all of it.
    SysAdmin.xyz
    Having severs with customer data on it without proper monitoring is like having one night stand without using protections - eventually, there will be an 'oh s**t!' moment.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    843
    It may appear that way since your one cup lower on caffiene in your brain.
    My IP >> 127.0.0.1 Hack Away!!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    518
    Quote Originally Posted by quad3datwork View Post
    You've shorten their lifespan by a lot, given you haven't fried parts or all of it.
    How true is this? Whats the average lifespan of computers?
    |ーWe are all born to this world To meet a certain person; it must be soー|

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    4,987
    Well... what exactly did you spill the coffee on?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    378
    YOUR DISK DRIVE IS NOT A CUP HOLDER. This is what happens when you defy reality.
    Victor Lugo
    Systems Administrator

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    518
    Quote Originally Posted by HivelocityJJ View Post
    Well... what exactly did you spill the coffee on?
    I think it just gets on that pin hole where you plug in the power cord, because after spill, I plugged that out, and the laptop is still running on battery--I was totally unaware that it get to the pin hole at this time--and When I plug in the power cord back again after around half an hour, the power cord near the pin hole got unusually hot when there's supposed to be no heat at all. Plus, I can smell the aroma of coffee roasting near the pinhole...

    It never get onto the keyboard, as its just an underside spill.

    Would this affect the health of my computer...if any at all?
    |ーWe are all born to this world To meet a certain person; it must be soー|

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    4,987
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Lugo View Post
    YOUR DISK DRIVE IS NOT A CUP HOLDER. This is what happens when you defy reality.
    I've seen some rigs with cupholders.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    paradise
    Posts
    6,201
    Quote Originally Posted by Shin Asuka View Post
    I think it just gets on that pin hole where you plug in the power cord, because after spill, I plugged that out, and the laptop is still running on battery--I was totally unaware that it get to the pin hole at this time--and When I plug in the power cord back again after around half an hour, the power cord near the pin hole got unusually hot when there's supposed to be no heat at all. Plus, I can smell the aroma of coffee roasting near the pinhole...

    It never get onto the keyboard, as its just an underside spill.

    Would this affect the health of my computer...if any at all?
    Seems like the coffee is shorting the power. Better to clean it and dry it before plugging in the power again.

  11. #11
    I hope your coffee was cold, if its hot you are in serious trouble !

  12. #12
    You should let the coffee dry out first before trying to use your processor. Never use the processor if it's still wet, or you might damage it even worse.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    23
    Besides the fact that it will mess your computer up, I think that a keyboard with coffee scent might be a big seller.

Similar Threads

  1. A 1,000-processor computer for $100K?
    By adorno in forum Web Hosting Lounge
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-27-2006, 03:45 PM
  2. Server Slow (Do I need more RAM or Processor)?
    By Mysteerie in forum Hosting Security and Technology
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-16-2005, 07:00 PM
  3. 1100 Mhz, Celeron Processor Computer For Sale
    By d1rect in forum Other Offers & Requests
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-08-2003, 05:58 PM
  4. why is my computer so slow
    By Porky in forum Web Hosting Lounge
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-26-2003, 10:24 PM
  5. Computer processor brand
    By Kit in forum Web Hosting Lounge
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-29-2003, 05:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •