Question Need Huge Space & Bandwidth Hostgator?

i need around 300+GB bandwidth, 20+GB space with 2-5MB of sql database. is it suggestible to take hostgator starting plan (hatchling)?

is hostgator worth that?

What type of site are you running?

As long as you do not violate their terms you can signup there.

It depends on whether your use of 300+GB of bandwidth is going to use more than their Terms of Service allow for CPU and Memory consumption...

It's hard to say - but give it a shot and make sure to keep your own off-server backup just in case.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

Quote Originally Posted by sahithp View Post
    i need around 300+GB bandwidth, 20+GB space with 2-5MB of sql database. is it suggestible to take hostgator starting plan (hatchling)?

is hostgator worth that?
    What kind of a web site do you have? This question would be best answered by them, send their sales an email and see if they will be able to accommodate your needs.

it is wallpaper site like hdwallpapers.in

Are you asking if 20GB of disk space and 300GB+ of bandwidth is worth paying $4.95/month for? Or are you asking whether or not you'll actually be able to push that much BW with HostGator? Or, maybe something totally different?
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz
    Connect: linkedin.com/in/brendandiaz

i dont think hostgator will let you use that much bw without throwing some rule in your face after you're around half way there. Bandwidth isn't cheap and $4.95/month for 300gb is cheap and no host would benefit from that deal.

You're better off getting a VPS where you will have non-oversold bandwidth thus, less fear of being shut down.

7c.) Backup Limit
    Any shared account using more than 20 gigs of disk space will be removed from our off site weekly backup with the exception of Databases continuing to be backed up. All data will continue to be mirrored to a secondary drive which helps protect against data loss in the event of a drive failure.
    http://www.hostgator.com/tos.shtml

So, space wise, it would see they do let users have more than 20GB of data in their accounts, or they would have little need for that clause, but when it comes to backups, you're on your own.

I suspect that the bulk of your usage will be determined by static files (wallpapers being downloaded), so you've got a fair chance of pushing high amounts of data transfer with one of the budget hosts out there. I would contact the hosting provider though, explain my usage, and ask for their advice.

may i recommend an unmanaged vps host for optimal performance. How ever hostgator will have no problem handling that.

VPS would be the best option for you. If you care about pricing

search for "cheap vps web hosting" in Google there are a lot of sites that offering good price on vps hosting not to mention you will not have to worry if someone using more resources that cause your site down and so on...

I just find this hosting imhosted.com not bad they offer large spaces and bandwidth too

what about name.com .... i am interested in their plans as well as their brand value..... ????????

well you should first contact that host about this and then host with them.
    Hostgator have a limit of 250,000 iNodes which means you cannot store more then 250,000 files total.
    However i suggestion you to get a VPS server
    DecroHost.Com - Major Performer Of Web Hosting

You could check the offer section forum here, you might find plenty of other hosts that offers great packages. Although Hostgator is not a bad choice either..