Question Name.com Hosting Experience Please?

i am just curious about name.com ........ which has recently launched its hosting plans. plans are very affordable. if anybody has experience with them .. please suggest me.

thank you.

They sell cheaper domain compare to godaddy but hosting wise i prefer someone else.

I would search for "website hosting" in google and check the first top 10

This is my personnel suggestion and this is not related to name.com only. Generally I would prefer a specialized hosting provider rather than a domain registrar.

Quote Originally Posted by iHubNet-Matt View Post
    This is my personnel suggestion and this is not related to name.com only. Generally I would prefer a specialized hosting provider rather than a domain registrar.
    I AGREE with iHubNet

I don't see why a Registrar can't be a good host, or vice versa. There isn't any such factor, that would stop them from being good in both areas.

I agree Zaffer. But the registrar must prove its value as a host. This typically takes time. A review of a 6 months old hosting provider (random numbers, I've no idea how long name.com had been providing hosting), is still too new to reflect much of what's in store in the future.

I agree. Although there is really nothing wrong about being new in the web hosting industry, but this neither proves that a host is bad nor good. I guess it would be safer to at least go with a host that is more established. There are a lot of good host that offers affordable packages.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaffer View Post
    I don't see why a Registrar can't be a good host, or vice versa. There isn't any such factor, that would stop them from being good in both areas.
    Exactly. I am using Namecheap hosting for the past 5-6 months and I am very satisfied with both of their services (domain + hosting).

If they have got resources and hire some professionals then why not they become good hosts?
    Professional Banner Design :: Complete Satisfaction & Fast Turnaround
    InspireFusion.com :: Art, Design & Inspiration Blog

I would not suggest you to go for a domain seller, for your hosting needs.

Its always better to go for a core hosting company.

Quote Originally Posted by jani View Post
    Exactly. I am using Namecheap hosting for the past 5-6 months and I am very satisfied with both of their services (domain + hosting).

If they have got resources and hire some professionals then why not they become good hosts?
    Thank you. Good to hear that you're happy with what we're doing.

As we've published before, we have a completely separate hosting team of about 15 people who just work on the hosting side. We have hosting managers, hosting customer service, hosting technical support and hosting billing. No different from any other web host.
    Matthew Russell | Namecheap
    Twitter: @mattdrussell

www.namecheap.com - hosting from a registrar DONE RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by sahithp View Post
    i am just curious about name.com ........ which has recently launched its hosting plans. plans are very affordable. if anybody has experience with them .. please suggest me.

thank you.
    I am also looking for review about name.com. Can someone tell more about their hosting package ?

Actually the largest shared hosting provider in the world is a domain registrar called godaddy. So it seems that a domain registrar can be a good host for most people. But its always best to keep your host and registrar separate because otherwise they can hold your domain hostage should you have any disagreement with them regarding hosting. I guess its up to the individual. If its just some hobby blog it shouldn't matter where you host it.

Actually the largest shared hosting provider in the world is a domain registrar called godaddy.
    How do you know this and based on what measurement are they the largest?

1&1 is larger than GoDaddy.

Sorry, United Internet as a group is.

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc View Post
    How do you know this and based on what measurement are they the largest?
    I remember reading it somewhere. Anyway directi is a registrar and hence a competitor to godaddy. According to one of directi's sites godaddy's sister company wild wild west domains is the largest host according to number of domains hosted:

http://www.webhosting.info/webhosts/tophosts/global/

This is pretty innacurate. For example, Enom have over 11 million domains now.

number of domains hosted
    If hosted includes "parked", then the major domain registrars (and Godaddy is the leader there) will probably still be the largest hosts without actually hosting 1 real website.

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc View Post
    If hosted includes "parked", then the major domain registrars (and Godaddy is the leader there) will probably still be the largest hosts without actually hosting 1 real website.
    Regardless of what you believe you have to admit there really is no money in selling domain names. That is why godaddy and other registrars are always pushing hosting and other more lucrative services. That is how they make their money. Domains are the loss leader that pulls in customers. Hosting, website builders, ssl certs etc. are the money makers. So that is why the largest domain registrar is also the largest shared hosting provider out there.

I am using hosting of name.com,I feel it's not bad.