Servint.....the story so far!

Before I start just let me say that my history here is quite verifiable. You can see who I've been with and for how long.....stretching back to 2003.

Can't say that during that period I've had a bad host.....sure, some were better than others, but no bad experiences with any of them. So no negativity coming from me whatsoever.

Anyway, circumstances arose recently where I felt the need to switch to another VPS provider. Obviously the usual suspects were considered....Knownhost, LiquidWeb, Wiredtree, and Servint.

Tough call to make as they're all top notch outfits. But I happened to see Eric Morales from Servint online and we had a chat. After that, I signed up immediately.

Last weekend Servint coordinated a server migration of 100+ accounts, and the support guys handled it brilliantly. For various reasons some of the accounts had to be done manually but they took it all in their stride.

One shift started....then the next crew took over...and after around 12-15 hours it was done. Everything 100% with little or no downtime on any of the domains. Amazing effort.

The VPS itself is superb, runs very efficiently and is very stable.....which is my main concern. I don't sell webspace....we are web designers/developers.....so every account that I have is a business site that we have built, we permanently maintain, and know very well.

Consequently it's essential for us to have a reliable webhost, because it's not just a matter of losing a client that pays for hosting.....we also lose all future new site builds that those clients may want. Plus the spinoffs and referrals that may come from those people. That's why I did a lot of research on WHT and ended up with Servint!

All in all, I'm very impressed with everybody I've dealt with there. Plus, the quality of the VPS that I'm now on was immediately apparent to me and all my clients....despite the fact that we're on a different continent.

Very early days I know, but I don't forsee that situation changing if other, more longterm reviews on here are anything to go by.

All indications at the moment confirm the general opinion that when you do business with Servint, you'll get a quality service from a quality company. And the way they conduct themselves you can't help but feel very confident that your business is in good hands.

I'll keep you updated further down the line....though I suspect I won't have anything different to say.

Thank you for the well thought out review! Servint is one of my three managed recommendations and I'm sure that you'll happy with them. Keep us posted on how things are going in a few months.

Good luck!

Thanks for the kind words, I still remember our chat the other day and am glad you're enjoying ServInt!
    Eric Morales
    Business Communications Manager
    ServInt | Like us on Facebook!
    Managed Hosting Made Better

Quote Originally Posted by emorales View Post
    Thanks for the kind words, I still remember our chat the other day and am glad you're enjoying ServInt!
    Very interesting chat in two languages as I recall Eric!

Seriously though.....it's been a good week. Worrying time when the guys were migrating the 100+ accounts across.....cos you always fear the worst as your whole business hangs in the balance.

But they did a fantastic job and kept me updated throughout the whole process. If they encountered issues, they just got round them. No sweat, no drama!

Once that was over and done with, I was immediately able to pick up where I left off in terms of business.

This week has been totally plain sailing....I submitted one support ticket for them to set up a fixed IP and install an SSL certificate....and it was done in minutes.

My whole aim with a VPS is to do nothing with it....other than build and host sites on there. I do a full PhpmyAdmin optimisation on all databases once a week....and that's it.
    I don't want to know any more....I'm not a server admin and getting distracted from my business by dealing with issues on a server and shipping complaints doesn't pay the bills.
    And it's been noticeable this week that I haven't been caught up with dealing with anything of that nature. Which is fine by me!

Super review, ic54. Kudos to ServInt and Eric.

OP,

what is your package at servint? is the Essential VPS?
    * Visit the WHT Brazil: http://www.webhostingtalk.com.br * - * Follow us: http://twitter.com/WHT_Brasil*

Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    OP,

what is your package at servint? is the Essential VPS?
    Why? The package I have isn't relevant to the review in any way.

Irrespective of account plan I have no doubt that the overall quality goes right across the board.

I'm guessing winger might be interested in that package and would like to know that he would receive the same level of support as well..

I had the base package and the support was still fab, as far as I know they don't offer tiered support.

Quote Originally Posted by ic54 View Post
    Why? The package I have isn't relevant to the review in any way.

Irrespective of account plan I have no doubt that the overall quality goes right across the board.
    sorry, but it's not irrelevant, and I am not trying to say that they are not top quality, just wanna know if is the small one that is handling 100 accounts fine

Quote Originally Posted by linuxissues View Post
    I'm guessing winger might be interested in that package and would like to know that he would receive the same level of support as well..
    yes

I would like to know if is this package that handles 100 accounts so fine

sorry, but it's not irrelevant, and I am not trying to say that they are not top quality, just wanna know if is the small one that is handling 100 accounts fine
    You have to understand that I'm not prepared to go into specifics of what account facilities etc I have ordered from Servint.....these matters relate to my business, so it's on a strictly need to know basis.

But I can assure you it's most definitely not the base package.
    I'm not qualified to advise on the capability or potential of each package....so you would be better off asking them directly for their advice on what would suit your needs.

yes

I would like to know if is this package that handles 100 accounts so fine
    The number of accounts is irrelevant. What matters is, what's happening in each account? An entry-level ServInt VPS can easily handle 100 accounts with static websites, but it might struggle with 100 dynamically-generated, high-traffic slashdot websites

Great review ic54, and kudos to ServInt support for a job well done.

Nice to hear your good experience with them. A polite support is always a good thing and helps a lot on how a customer might feel about their host. =)

Just as a follow up after two months with Servint....though I won't be telling you anything you don't already know.

Basically.....excellent in all areas. Server speed, reliability, administration, community, and support.

Support time to pick up a ticket is minutes, then you get prompt action whatever you need. If it gets referred up the line then the next level of support is just as efficient.....and they see it through with a meticulous attention to detail.

My life over the past few months has been made a lot simpler by placing my trust in Servint. At last (and it's been a long time coming) I have total peace of mind and the utmost confidence in my Host in all areas.....so I can get on with building sites for clients rather than dealing with issues that are out of my control.

So no startling revelations from me....just the same old speech you always hear about Servint.

Glad to hear that ServInt has worked out well for you, and that things are still going smoothly a couple of months down the line.

Make sure to keep us posted
    Ben Thomas, Director - BTCentral Web Development Services
    http://www.btcentral.org.uk - Need a custom Web App? Visit us online.

Well it's three months down the line now......and the most monotonous thread in the history of WHT continues.

Issues? None! Everything works perfectly all the time like a well oiled machine.

Support? On the few occasions I've had to contact them with queries (like restoring a site from a backup cos I'd cocked up).....a response in five minutes. And that particular operation was completed in twenty minutes.
    So I've got the peace of mind that if I drop the ball, they're there to catch it. And you can't put a price on that sort of peace of mind.

I've got 120 website clients (I'm a web developer) on the VPS....and the feedback from them is exactly the same.
    It's enhanced my credibility with them and I'm getting more referrals for new site builds than I've ever had before.
    Plus I now spend ZERO time reporting and monitoring server issues. More time spent developing the business equals a greater return for us. And we're seeing it happen.

If Servint doubled their price I'd still stay there....cos as I said, you can't put a price on peace of mind.

I'll be back in another three months to update WHT members.....and I have no doubt whatsoever that it will be the same repetitive, monotonous speech.
    Last edited by XTremo; 01-28-2010 at 05:17 AM.

Have you setup 120 accounts under one VPS? What is the plan you have with them?

Quote Originally Posted by hellind2 View Post
    Have you setup 120 accounts under one VPS? What is the plan you have with them?
    Can't tell you I'm afraid.....I can't go into specifics of my account, plans etc. All I can say is they run without a hitch.

Also I can't advise on how many domains could potentially run on a VPS or even a dedicated.....cos I'm not a server guy.

Well you still need to submit a domain to verify.
    VirtuousHost.com - Premium Web Hosting
    Affordable Web Hosting Solutions
    Premium Shared, VPS & Dedicated Hosting
    100% uptime | Daily - Weekly Backups | 24/7/365 Support | 45 Day Money back Guarantee

Quote Originally Posted by IPBMark View Post
    Well you still need to submit a domain to verify.
    This thread's been running three months....so have you asked a Mod if that's already been done?

Quote Originally Posted by XTremo View Post
    If Servint doubled their price I'd still stay there....cos as I said, you can't put a price on peace of mind.
    This is something that people just have to learn for themselves. too many people just want the cheapest vps with the most resources and that's what they think is "best".

Glad to see you're still doing fine (had no doubt of that with ServInt). Would you be willing to run a Unixbench on your VPS? My results are quite old.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyan View Post
    This is something that people just have to learn for themselves. too many people just want the cheapest vps with the most resources and that's what they think is "best".

Glad to see you're still doing fine (had no doubt of that with ServInt). Would you be willing to run a Unixbench on your VPS? My results are quite old.
    I'm not a server guy so I've no idea what that is mate....all I know is it just keeps running without a hitch.

Load times? Well the server is in Washington DC and I'm on the crap Telefonica network in Spain and they seem pretty good to me.

Test out Camino de Santiago Tours

Find the details here:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...ight=benchmark

Interesting website! The wife wants to hit Spain again and she's a big time hiker I'm going to send her the link to your site.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyan View Post
    Find the details here:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...ight=benchmark

Interesting website! The wife wants to hit Spain again and she's a big time hiker I'm going to send her the link to your site.
    It's not mine.....it's one of my clients. I just picked that one out at random.
    Actually the site owner is American.....been over here for years but very well known in the US as she's been on chat shows etc.
    Most of her Pilgrimage clients tend to be Americans as it seems there's a big market over there for that sort of thing.

Nice review, we have been with them 2 months, it just runs and runs. No issues.

Things were much more exciting where we were before.