Red face ohio vps with instant activation?

hi
    i need a windows vps/server with instant activation from OHIO
    you guys know any where?
    my budget is up to $100

thanks alot

Search in the offer forums, this will help you much. Since your budget can up to $100, I think you can have many choices.
    ControlVM.com :: Elastic Cloud Hosting Alternatives to VPS Reliable Cloud Server
    Enterprise Hosting @
    Malaysia ● Germany ● USA ● Singapore
    We Accept: Paypal
    Alipay GrabPay Credit/Debit Card FPX Bank Transfer Bank TT

What about the disk space, bandwidth and RAM, how much do you need?
    WebHosting.UK.com - WHUK :: cPanel Hosting | Windows Hosting | Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting | Cloud Hosting
    Dedicated Servers in UK by WHUK - Fully Managed UK dedicated servers with 24x7x365 Support.

Why instant and why in Ohio? That really narrows down your choices.

Do you have any preference for virtualization technology (Hyper-V/Xen/Virtuozzo)?
    ██ SoftSys Hosting ██ - 14 Years In Business - 24/7 In-House Support - Enterprise Class Replicated Cloud Servers For HA

Cloud Hosting With Anti-Malware, IDS/IPS, WAF & Litespeed - Windows 2019 Shared Hosting w/ Plesk

well i need ohio vps for remote desktoping a project
    hard atleast 20gb and band over 50gb....
    i need it fast and cant wait 24-48 hours for activation.
    xen/virtuozzo is not important,but i need it be windows or linux with vnc.
    Last edited by domIIII; 11-06-2009 at 11:33 AM.

You do realize that any quality VPS service in the US will be just as fast to you as one in Ohio right? Geography does not matter, it is the number of hops. An Ohio provider may actually be slower than a non-local provider on a better network.

I agree you can search anywhere if your primary reason is remote desktop. I doubt you will notice the difference and I'm not sure what your options will be out of Ohio (I've never heard of any).

Instant activation is another thing some people do it and many others do not (for fraud reasons).

Quote Originally Posted by NeilAgg View Post
    You do realize that any quality VPS service in the US will be just as fast to you as one in Ohio right? Geography does not matter, it is the number of hops. An Ohio provider may actually be slower than a non-local provider on a better network.
    You have that backwards. Geography does matter, the number of hops doesn't. With that said though, it is the logical or network geography that matters not the physical location.

Routers route packets at or near wire speed, but light on fiber can only go roughly 2/3rd the speed of light. Distance is much much more important that hops.

I'd say as long as you get a VPS on a decent network in the USA then you'll hardly notice the difference on RDP. Most hosts will set you up after the fraud checks have been completed. Ask prospective hosts for a test IP to measure the speed of connection too.
    LA Hyper-V 4 GB RAM VPS Sale Now On!- Free Dotnetpanel + SimpleDNS!
    Worldwide Hosting Options - USA - UK - Europe - Australia - Canada - Singapore
    5 Start Customer Rating - Click Here For More Details - BBB Accredited - Since 1993

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCrowley View Post
    Routers route packets at or near wire speed, but light on fiber can only go roughly 2/3rd the speed of light. Distance is much much more important that hops.
    2/3 the speed of light is still blazingly fast. There are much bigger causes of latency than the time it takes light to propagate.

2/3 the speed of light is still blazingly fast. There are much bigger causes of latency than the time it takes light to propagate.

There are obviously a lot of variables, but in general distance and the speed of light are the drivers of latency these days. In the early days of the internet and especially when users were on dial-up this was not the case. Back then distance was actually not very important because latency was so high anyway that an additional 30ms round trip due to the server being in San Jose Vs Chicago didn't matter. Nowadays logical distance is one of the main concerns in regards to latency. I would say over 90% of the latency a cable modem user in NewYork experiences when connecting to to a server in California is going to be nothing more than the distance. Obviously the the closer the end user is to the server the lower the percentage of latency that is distance derived will be.

I really want to emphasize that I am talking about the logical distance. Ohio isn't exactly a well connected state in general. If you purchase a VPS that is hosted in Ohio and you live 2 miles down they street but your ISP doesn't peer locally with that VPS host there is a good chance you will be routed through Chicago before going back to Ohio. In that case you would be better off just hosting your VPS in Chicago as it would provide lower latency to you (and everyone else) than hosting it down the street in Ohio.

Geography does not matter, it is the number of hops.
    No, the number of hops doesn't tell you how fast a network goes. I can show you a traceroute from our Malaysian data center to an ADSL in Paris in just 12 hops, and some routes between Seattle and Florida with about the same number of hops, with double the latency... It doesn't influences the download or upload speed either. What counts is that the equipment are not over used, and that there's enough speed through the pipes and routers.

Also, when the first poster asks for a VNC access to a Linux, I think this is quite a big mistake. VNC is pretty slow. You'd better use FreeNX, it's a way faster.

Thomas
    GPLHost:>_ open source hosting worldwide (I'm founder, CEO & official Debian Developer)
    Servers & our leading control panel and our Xen VPS hosting, which are already included in Debian and Ubuntu
    Available in: Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Sydney, Seattle, Atlanta, Paris, London, Barcelona, Zurich, Israel