Payment Gateway Fees

Hey,

Looking for other sites like PayPal that either don't have fees, or the person who sends the money pays the fees, not the receiver.

Are there any English sites like that?

There is wmtransfer.com (a daughter service of webmoney.ru - exUSSR biggest payment service). Customers pay the fee during the payment process, you do not pay a cent.
    But im also looking for something like paypal there customer would pay the transaction fee.

Thanks.

Here: moneybookers.com

For those of us in the UK/IRELAND than "SagePay" (formally known as Protx) is fantastic and as we use Hsphere it integrates very well.

Hey,

If it's for webhosting, I reccomend ProtX/Sagepay as above if you're UK. Then again, merchant fees are a basic part of doing business, especially online as payment is always virtual, it's something that webhosts just have to adapt to.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougy View Post
    Hey,

Looking for other sites like PayPal that either don't have fees, or the person who sends the money pays the fees, not the receiver.

Is this for business, or for personal use? If you're accepting money from customers, your payment gateway has to pay credit card fees, so they pay those along to you. The fees are something that should always been absorbed by the business.
    Scott Burns, President
    BQ Internet Corporation
    Remote Rsync and FTP backup solutions
    *** http://www.bqbackup.com/ ***

The SagePay modules (for Zencart anyway) has a neat feature allowing you to setup up different charges per card type used. For example your client purchards item A at €10 and opts to pay by Visa CC. You can add a x% onto that order (which covers your banks costs)

Vs

they opt to use a Debit Card and this could be set to a lower or zero%.

This will help you promote the use of certain card types over others.

Ryainair used to do exactly this, but now they seem to just charge €10 per card (doesn't matter which you choose) which seems a but unfair!

Quote Originally Posted by jaymouk View Post
    For example your client purchards item A at 10 and opts to pay by Visa CC. You can add a x% onto that order (which covers your banks costs)
    This is actually against Visa regulations. Vendors can get into big trouble if they get caught doing it.
    Scott Burns, President
    BQ Internet Corporation

Quote Originally Posted by bqinternet View Post
    This is actually against Visa regulations. Vendors can get into big trouble if they get caught doing it.
    Not true. It acts in the same way as adding a SHIPPING cost onto any product you are selling online.

Throughout the checkout process you are informing your clients of the order charges. On the payment section for example it clearly lists out the card type choices available and (if) there are any additional costs.

Please Choose:
    - Visa (2.1%) cost
    - Mastercard (1.9%) cost
    - Debit (0.0%) cost

Then on the full confirmation page you should list out the total charges:

Product A = 10.00
    Shipping = 2.50
    VAT (21%) = 2.62
    Payment (visa 2.1%) = 0.26
    TOTAL PAYMENT DUE = 15.38

You should not hide this from the client before confirmation of the final online order.

Note: If my % prices are wrong avoid then you have permission to fire me from "The Apprentice" and I'll then have to go and get a "real-world" job...lol

...I love each weeks comment, BUT YOU ARE THE PROJECT MANAGER so everything should be 100% correct! It's as if Bill Cullen thinks the PM should be capable of doing all team tasks and should be therefore micro managing the team!!

Not true. It acts in the same way as adding a SHIPPING cost onto any product you are selling online.

Throughout the checkout process you are informing your clients of the order charges. On the payment section for example it clearly lists out the card type choices available and (if) there are any additional costs.

Please Choose:
    - Visa (2.1%) cost
    - Mastercard (1.9%) cost
    - Debit (0.0%) cost

Then on the full confirmation page you should list out the total charges:

Product A = 10.00
    Shipping = 2.50
    VAT (21%) = 2.62
    Payment (visa 2.1%) = 0.26
    TOTAL PAYMENT DUE = 15.38

You should not hide this from the client before confirmation of the final online order.
    That's against Visa regulations so you are wrong.

Got a link for me to review as I can't see that on my SagePay account.

Got a link for me to review as I can't see that on my SagePay account.
    http://usa.visa.com/personal/using_v...surcharge.html

That link is specific to the US, but it's a general Visa rule. I believe some countries have laws that allow merchants to do it, and of course the laws win there. Other places (such as several US states) have laws that prohibit adding a surcharge, reinforcing Visa's rule.
    Scott Burns, President
    BQ Internet Corporation

You can check out googlecheckout, moneybooker etc.

Charging a percentage more for credit cards are against visa regulations and they clearly state it in merchant agreements.

What you can do to get past it is offer "cash discounts" for those paying with debit cards or other none credit card methods.

So all in all it's basically the same thing, except you can't say a service cost $5 and then charge cc's $5.20. You have to say a service costs $5.20 and then give a $0.20 discount for cash or debit cards etc.

Seeing as it's against visa agreements, you can have your merchant account taken away as you're effectively breaking a contract. I believe it's also against mastercard agreements. So to be on the safe side, rather do it the cash discount way.

We absorb the credit card fees as most businesses. We are a local to South Africa company and also offer cash deposits into our account and Electronic funds transfer into our account. These payment methods require manual processing and take more time and costs us money in man hours. Where as credit card payments are automated and require no man hours. So the costs to us for using a credit card is the same as manual processing.
    The most effective way to host your site

Fees are just something you have to accept when you run an online business. The business should always pay the fees. It looks really bad if the customer has to pay it.
    Hydro Host Affordable UK Web Hosting - cPanel
    Shared Hosting Reseller Hosting Domain Name Registration - Affiliate Program
    www.hydro-host.net

If only we could get Ryainair to drop its PAYMENT charges --- although I do understand their business logic which not only gets more people to purchase their vouchers (one off charge for initial purchase then any further flight orders can be made with no additional charge) and it also allows them to reduce the appearence of their flights.

This is at good read: http://www.valueireland.com/2009/05/...re-complaints/

First post states: PayPal-like payment system. Why are you guys talking about credit cards now?
    Credit cards are a different story witch could be discussed some other time in a different thread.

Also: i strongly disagree with people saying: business has to pay fees. Why do i disagree?
    Business is not a single website project selling one type of product. We have multiple projects and some are well supported where customers do not pay fees and cheap projects where we deal with customers who would kill for 2 cents. The second (cheap project) is a good example there customer should pay fees.
    Last edited by styx; 11-11-2009 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougy View Post
    Hey,

My example was SagePay (IF) you want your receiver to pay the fee.

This is a great "independant" website for Payment discussions http://www.webpayments.ie/