Exclamation singlehop.com is warez site's hosting !!!

dear all WHT,

from 3 weeks my friend gives me link to a warez site put US Box office movies and programs, games with cracks !!

i have tried to talk to site admin t remove all these warez content that is fully illegal, and the reaction of the site admins was blow me up and say four words for me " It's Not Your Business"

after that i saw the site dedicated server is in singlehop, my first action was to contact abuse department by e-mail and i have send my message with all things and links that this site is infringes on property rights and steal the copy-rights of all media, programs, and games.

and their reply was the following

"""
    Hello

We have been notified that your best course of action is to follow up with the host of the linked content, as the offending content is not hosted within our network. """

after seeing the message it was a big shock to me, that site is putting movis with links of many sites of files host for example RS or MU, and the support said to me to contact RS, and MU to delete the files hahahaha , and after that we leave those thieves to make the upload again for their files.

after that i send them a reply on their message containing more than 10 threads as there are more than 8000 illegal threads !!! :-

don't forget that this site is classified as destroying the U.S. economy by the illegal content of movies and this is considered a terrorist act.

and their reply was as follows :

""""Hello,

If you would like to pursue this matter any further it is necessary that you fill out a formal complaint with the MPAA (http://www.mpaa.org/ReportPiracy/ReportPiracy.aspx). Once the complaint has been received further action will be taken. Please let me know if you have any further questions and I will be happy to assist you.

Thanks,
    --
    Stephanie Ostheimer
    Account Manager
    SingleHop, Inc. – Chicago"""

and till now nothing happens, i need any one here to help me to close that site as this site is infringes on property rights and steal the copy-rights of all media, programs, and games.

and i don't have any word to say, Just this

""" this site is classified as destroying the U.S. economy by the illegal content of movies, etc """

"" this is considered a terrorist act. ""

please help me to delete that warez site, and till me what could i do against this site

Appears the provider gave you the instructions you need to follow to further your claims. You'll need to follow through with MPAA in order to validate the case.

Quote Originally Posted by moosh28 View Post
    Appears the provider gave you the instructions you need to follow to further your claims. You'll need to follow through with MPAA in order to validate the case.
    the site owner is not from USA as to write his details and i need some one to make me know how to do that

and also i may use MPAA if i don't have any idea what is this site host data center, but all reasons for close that site available and singlehop support for abuse not doing the work done to send to this site hoster to delete all these threads that made by site admins !!!

I think you need to notify the MPAA that singlehop.com is hosting the site and that it needs to be taken down. You don't care about the end customer, only about singlehop.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilAgg View Post
    I think you need to notify the MPAA that singlehop.com is hosting the site and that it needs to be taken down. You don't care about the end customer, only about singlehop.
    i did that now, thanks for your help
    Last edited by haygen; 11-05-2009 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by haygen View Post
    this is considered a terrorist act
    Okay...

But seriously, if content needs to be taken down from some place, contact the owners (of the content, that is); usually the site operator (and the DC) has no obligation whatsoever towards an unrelated third party.
    There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Why would a hosting provider want to get bad press over this? If the MPAA gets involved, I can't believe that would be a good thing for the hosting company.

Hello haygen,

I want to clarify that we routinely and closely work with multiple agencies and law-firms towards eliminating any copyright infringements on our networks. However, due to privacy and other legal concerns we can only move against an infringing party once a DMCA complaint has been filed. Once it is received, we do have the right to intervene on behalf of the original content owner. From my understanding you are not the owner of this content, therefore, there is no action that I can take currently. If you would like you can notify the owner and they can file a formal complaint. I am more than willing to assist you with the process, however, it is up to you to take action. I personally spend several hours per week working with law firms to ensure that unauthorized content is effectively and immediately eliminated from the site. Furthermore, if the offending client does not comply we cancel their services with us. With this said, please let me know if I can assist you further.
    Stephanie Ostheimer
    Director of Account Management
    SingleHop Dedicated Servers

Providers have a lot of incentive to comply with the requirements of the DMCA Safe Harbor provision: this shields them from liability. The upshot is that doing pro-active monitoring or getting involved too much actually increases their (chance of) liability.

So, legally, the best situation for a provider is to do absolutely nothing about infringements, unless notified through a DMCA takedown notice. So even though it's obvious to you that material is infringing, unless the legal owner files a takedown notice, the provider should do absolutely nothing.

Not surprisingly, this is rather counter-intuitive to everyone... but you can't blame the provider for not doing the right thing when doing the right thing means they can theoretically be sued into bankruptcy later on.

Disclaimer: feel free to correct me (I'm not a lawyer, etc)... this is how I understand the situation.

I love how people attack hosts for this crap. They are by no means allowing this to happen, but they can't just take down every site someone "claims" is illegal. For all they know, you could be their competitor and just want to take their site offline.
    Loop Internet
    AS 394868 - Wilkes-Barre, PA
    █ Fiber Internet and Colocation
    99.999% Uptime SLA - 24/7/365 Support

"" this is considered a terrorist act. ""
    Oh get real... and get a life while you're at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiveon View Post
    I love how people attack hosts for this crap. They are by no means allowing this to happen, but they can't just take down every site someone "claims" is illegal. For all they know, you could be their competitor and just want to take their site offline.
    Agreed. I hardly see how this is "destroying the US economy" or considered a "terrorist act." People come here complaining that hosts don't immediately rush and takedown someone after a DMCA notice and/or complaint is sent by a third party (not the copyright holder). I bet you'd find those same people complaining about this happening to them should someone else not agree with their content and complain.

I feel lucky to be Canadian, and only host on Canadian servers. DMCA me all you want, it is good for chuckles.
    || Higher Intellect || Half a million documents and climbing.
    || OMGWTFBBQ || Nothing of value here.

I think that's is true , that's Not Your Business , why you not tell this content owner and he will talk to Rapidshare and Megaupload not SingleHop , this is warez linking not hosting , and the files should take down from the servers hosted in ,

this is considered a terrorist act
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEbZqvMu2cQ

Quote Originally Posted by Talence View Post
    DMCA Safe Harbor
    Does not apply here. Since the OP is not the copyright holder for the material, any DMCA takedown he sent would be invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by prologan View Post
    Does not apply here. Since the OP is not the copyright holder for the material, any DMCA takedown he sent would be invalid.
    I don't see your point? It's because the DMCA Safe Harbor applies that the host safely can ignore notices from anyone but the rights holder or a representative.

dear all WHT,

from 3 weeks my friend gives me link to a warez site put US Box office movies and programs, games with cracks !!

i have tried to talk to site admin t remove all these warez content that is fully illegal, and the reaction of the site admins was blow me up and say four words for me " It's Not Your Business"
    sad as it may seem it's not your business because you don't own the copyrights to any of the content.

only the illegal stuff can be removed from the warez forum via a D.M.C.A from the copyright owners, remembering that a lot of those warez forums link to freeware etc.....or so my frend tells me.

if you want to go about removing warez forums from the net you'll run out of time because life isn't long enough.

better to start off by informing companies with clout and great anti piracy departments like adobe, microsoft, time warner etc.

most providers won't really listen to people who don't own the copyrights because they have nothing to do with the 3rd party breach.

i'm curious as to why you complain about this one warez forum....search "warez boards" on google, there's a ton of them to keep you occupied for the next 500 years.

owm
    ‹(¿)›
    Life's what you make it.