ALL VPS Packages just 1

Definatly the best offer yet. For all new and existing customers grab one of our fabulous VPS packages for just 1 for the first month!

There is no minimum contract so you are not obliged to continue the contract after the first month if you are not happy with it.

Over the last month we've invested heavily in our VPS infrastructure to now bring a 100% resilient, high availability Parallels Virtuozzo infrastructure. We have moved all our services onto our new fibre SAN's. In the event of any node failure, all services will failover in a matter of seconds.

VPS Features
    • Raid 10 SAN Infrastructure
    • Free automated remote backup for ALL customers - Keeping your data safe and secure
    • Parallels Virtuozzo
    • Support for all Parallels products
    • Every node connected via 2Gbit uplink
    • 100% failover compatibility

Why are we doing such a great deal?
    Basically... due to our new infrastructure we now have space for thousands of VPS so why leave it, lets get it filled!

Coupon Code: trial
    Coupon code valid for all VPS packages.

Will Thomas - Britband Media Ltd
    Low cost UK VPS - switchlink.co.uk
    Automated remote backup - Instant Setup - Full control

mrwillt,

I ordered a server 12 hours ago and it is not setup yet, although you mention 'Instant Setup'.

Invoice Number : 10815

How much time does it take usually?

Sorry about that, your order wasn't processed correctly, a member of our team was in contact and everything is now online.

Thanks.

I've also had problems

I really hate knocking hosting companies, but I think Switchlink need to get on the ball a little.

Like the guy above, I've also had problems in actually getting anything done, or getting a response out of Switchlink.

Signed up for a VPS last week, only to find that it's as slow as hell. Despite entering a support ticket 48 hours ago, there's been no kind of info.

Then, just half an hour ago noticed the Switchlink site itself was down.

Not a good sign guys. Not at all.

I'm the first to accept there may be some simple explanation for this, but it's already turned me off and accordingly, I've cancelled the subscription and requested a refund.

I'll be sure to let other WHT'ers know the outcome.

I truely am sorry if you've had a bad experience. We have always tried our utmost to put customer support first so I cannot apologise enough.

Whoops! It appears I'm unable to edit or delete the message above, but as I said - I would update on what's happening with it.

A very nice guy - Martin - at Switchlink has just called me to explain what the problem was. Quite frank and informative he was too.

To be fair, he did actually sound genuinely embarrassed. Explained the cause of the problem (not Switchlinks, it turns out) and offered compensation (by way of service) which was more than generous.

I think it's worth mentioning that there have been a small (but significant) number of fly-by-nights advertising here on WHT recently and, resultingly, it's becoming increasingly difficult to sort the good guys from the bad of late - especially when things are confused by some of the hosts with previously excellent reputations wading in with confusingly 'doesn't seem possible' offers now and again - the kind that are usually publicly decried by themselves when offered by others.

However, after speaking with Martin at Switchlink, I'm more than happy to withdraw my earlier critical comment. In this instance, I quite probably misjudged Switchlink and am man enough to admit so.

Like everything else, things can go wrong sometimes. Especially when it's at the least expected times. But an explanation goes a long way to restoring confidence. Which it has in this instance.

Accordingly, Switchlink have turned the situation around and held on to a customer that would otherwise have left. A few minutes on the phone, an explanation of the problem AND how it is to be resolved = a once more happy customer. One with a little more faith too.

Well done Switchlink. You just demonstrated what I'd consider to be excellent customer 'service'.

Do you allow IRC on your VPS / dedicated servers?
    South African Web Hosting - http://www.SoftDux.co.za || SA WebHostingTalk - http://www.webhostingtalk.co.za