Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

$1500 got scammed by Jerett Patterson lead designer in five98,carbon12studio

Greeting,

Do not do any business with user jerett patterson - http://www.webhostingtalk.com/member.php?u=126151

here is my story

On late jan 2009 i have enquired for webdesigning with jerett patterson lead designer in five98,carbon12studio,burlapwool,shouldertree. since his portfolio was impressive i have decided to choose him to design my website in first week of feb. total amount we agreed was $2000. since he asked me for $1500 upfront i refused and i paid only $500 and told him to extend project time to 3 months as it would be easy for me gather money to pay him. in march he asked me $500 and said he was working on it and i paid. in april month he still said he was working on it. in may month he asked for $500 for coding and i paid but he never showed the design i trusted on his words. after that he never used to respond properly to any of my emails.

in beginning or mid august i establihed contact tru email with him i had heated conversation with him where he claimed that he has completed the site design in the month of may and he emailed me and i never responded to his emails...but the fact is i use gmail account i asked him why i never got any repsonse for emails i send he replied saying it was his host problem and he fixed it now. since he or i never contacted he claimed to moved to other projects.. when i asked him to send files since he completed the project in may which he said his harddisk got crashed so he coudnt recover any of datas and he will work on my site again. i said him to refund the money but he said he dosent have money since his Wife asked to pay money for death occured in other family. and i said ok do it again. he asked for what kinda site i liked and i said all details and in late sep he send me a layout here it is

and i shouted him and he blamed me since i was the one who wanted a site like that. http://jerettpatterson.org/layout/imid-page.psd i asked for somethin skype like layout page for higher conversion reasons.. he said he will work only for 2hrs a day since iam a small project. and asked me if i can additially pay another 3k to exactlay have site elements and pics like ex:eleven2 ajax features .i said no. again he compramised me saying he will work on new layout but i agreed on one condition saying the whole site has to be completed in one month time and he agreed to it and finially he gave access to his clients area after 6-7months. after 4 days he showed me the layout and i liked it BUT he used VISTA wall papers images on the layout and trying to convince me that he did it. but after that mockup he never done anything its been one month since that mockup nothhing has been done i have got fedup and found another designer and started working on it. i have emailed him asking for refund he refused.

i have build a story to him that i have gained contact with 3 other people who he has cheated and we all are willing to attack his name and put his family members photo on website about him. i saidi could stop it if he agreed to pay my money alone. he asked me to come to messenger and he agrred to refund $1100 out of $1500 and whereas he refunded $100 as goodwill faith on same day and asked me not to damage his name and asked me to even stop others from doing so i agreed only if he refunds rest $1000. he agreed to refund on nov3 and himself agreed that he is the cause of failure of the design project in chat. and when i emailed him of reminder on sep30 he simply said he is working on it i said him i need it on nov3 and he feels iam not saying that in right tone and refusing to refund. here are 2 converasations

http://jerettpatterson.org/layout/chat1.txt (chat first he agreed to refund money)
    http://jerettpatterson.org/layout/chat2.txt (chat he disagreed to refund money)

guys please stay aways from him he is liar and will cheat. iam willing to provide any screenshots of all emails or proofs that he cheated. The guy just outsources and makes clear profit from it. he dosent have any creative or design talents. at the end he claims is he put considerable efford for those designs and charges $85 per hour to make a layout like that.

its been 2 days i have send him 4-5 emails no reponse or refunds.

<<snipped>>

Stay away from him.

Lessons learned : Never pay a designer unless he shows up things to you.

He also scammd here http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=887937

Thanks
    Srinath
    Last edited by bear; 11-05-2009 at 08:50 AM.

If I remember correctly, wasn't this brought up about 1-2 months ago?

I remember seeing that exact site, and the exact context of this message. Including Jarrett's name popping through.

Is this a duplicate thread?
    Matthew Rosenblatt, and I do lots of things.
    Used to be a full time server administrator, now I help build cruise ships and inspect homes.
    My company, Ferrell Solutions, specializes in home inspections and property management.
    RecallScan is a service for monitoring appliances and vehicles in your home for recalls.

this is not duplicate thread.... where did u see the layout ? i thought he designed specifially for me ????

1-2 months ago i asked in premium forum of how to contact jerett paterson

Actually, you're right -- I remember the large icon used in the left of your site.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hlight=jerrett

However, there are some strong resemblances to the link of which is posted in there to your design.

I'm starting to think this Jerrett guy might not be what he's cracked up to be. Especially if he's selling the same design concepts repeatedly as new.
    Used to be a full time server administrator, now I help build cruise ships and inspect homes.
    My company, Ferrell Solutions, specializes in home inspections and property management.
    RecallScan is a service for monitoring appliances and vehicles in your home for recalls.

yea he showed it to me once saying he designed it i said him "yes good one i like it" and he used it on my layout and had even arguments for it.. but the fact is its all found in graphics river

Sad news, how he can be so rude?

Maybe he want to say somehing? How about police or something?

HCompany, make a thread with its name in it , so google will index it and nobody won't be scammed

Quote Originally Posted by webilly View Post
    Sad news, how he can be so rude?

Maybe he want to say somehing? How about police or something?
    Personally, I'm more interested in why this is the second or third thread opened in the past few months about his design services not being delivered as expected.

I am very interested in his responses this time around.

All the more reason as to why I keep my design in-house.

he never keeps his words.. all he can say is "legal team working on it".. also HIS portfolio is entirely different from what he produces !!

Well before you get down writing about some one, do consult a lawyer. I think the site which you have created or linked in the post seems to trash his image and i personally feel putting down his wife or kids photo does not sound professional.

Bottom line: Before going on with a project have an NDA in place and also pay in advance some amount, but never go a head for further payment until you are satisfied with.

There are always two types of people, good and bad. Take it as an experience and be careful in future projects.

Why would you make sites like this: http://www.jerettpatterson.org/

@biju even he is not so professional .. well iam not so happy loosing $1500 ... anyway i have removed their photos and linked it direct where i got it from.

@cesto why wud i make sites like it ? bcos iam not so happy with jetett patterson if he refunds the money ill remove the site else not. and iam not not the only one here http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=887937
    Search for Trademarks at our Trademark Search Engine. - Do Trademark Registration.

Hcompany - i understand you are upset and angry at losing money like that, but that site you have made is digusting. Why the hell are you bringing his wife and kids into this?

Simply posting on WHT that you got scammed would have beem more than enough to stop people considering him, but to make a site like that is completely unprofessional! If you are a webhost what does it say to your potential clients that you willing to make a site like that?

Come on pal, i understand your frustrated, but do the decent thing and take that site down.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Bembridge View Post
    Hcompany - i understand you are upset and angry at losing money like that, but that site you have made is digusting. Why the hell are you bringing his wife and kids into this?

Simply posting on WHT that you got scammed would have beem more than enough to stop people considering him, but to make a site like that is completely unprofessional! If you are a webhost what does it say to your potential clients that you willing to make a site like that?

Come on pal, i understand your frustrated, but do the decent thing and take that site down.
    ok respect u guys i taken the site down....but mr.jerett emailed me saying "I'm sure my friends at hostgator and the planet will enjoy seeing how one of their client acts and what they post. Would hate to have your server or should I say reseller account stopped." the mods usually ban all people who cheat but why is jerett left out ?
    Search for Trademarks at our Trademark Search Engine. - Do Trademark Registration.

Quote Originally Posted by Hcompany View Post
    ok respect u guys i taken the site down....but mr.jerett emailed me saying "I'm sure my friends at hostgator and the planet will enjoy seeing how one of their client acts and what they post. Would hate to have your server or should I say reseller account stopped." the mods usually ban all people who cheat but why is jerett left out ?
    WHT is a community where people join for some discussion and at no manner they would ban a person for some scam which is not related to their services. More over the ban on a person here is implied on breaking the TOS or code of WHT, not of someone else.

I would suggest you and other fellow mates to get into a legal route to get your money back.

Don't let your words at any cost, they will cost you heavier than what you have lost now.

Open a Paypal claim, or next time, buy it on a credit card and then if something does go tits up then you can always get your money back.

Its just unfortunate that you needed to find this out the hard way.

And to be honest, that is a nice design you're lucky you got that, most cases people don't see anything in return

If I was you, Delete that link off your website and rapidshare, and sell it.

You will be able to make back at least $300 from that. Its better than nothing buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cesto View Post
    And to be honest, that is a nice design you're lucky you got that, most cases people don't see anything in return

If I was you, Delete that link off your website and rapidshare, and sell it.

You will be able to make back at least $300 from that. Its better than nothing buddy.
    i agree its nice design. but the point is abt

1. completing the site design.
    2. using copyrighted materials and claiming to be done by himself.
    3. deadline
    4. lies
    5. rudeness

i will change the vista wallpaper there and make it still free.. he emailed me sayin "We are done. Your lies and threat to my family are over the line. Your right though about one thing .... I will not refund your money as I stated."

Quote Originally Posted by Biju View Post
    Don't let your words at any cost, they will cost you heavier than what you have lost now.
    i have lost $1500 i have nothing more to loose...any legal battle invloves a lot of costs since iam from india and he is from USA. jurisdiction matters a lot.
    Last edited by Hcompany; 11-05-2009 at 09:36 AM.

Why make it free?? Why not sell it on and try to recuperate some of your loss?

With all due respect, reading through the chat logs you have posted shows rudeness from both sides.

You made a mistake by paying him 3 times without seeing any work. It's understandable that you are angry but you need to keep a professional head about you - going all postal on him and creating a bloody website about the guy aint gonna improve your chances of getting that refund!!

Try and keep cool, yes he performed poorly here, but the endgame is that you actually have a design - your opinion of its value is up to you.

C.

That's just even more reason to sell the design and try to recover what you can!

I am trying to help you here, remove the design, you'll be doing yourself a favor.

Even if its unfinished, you can still sell it on!

You can either be $1,500 out of pocket or $1,000 if you sell it to the right person!

Quote Originally Posted by Hcompany View Post
    i agree its nice design. but the point is abt

1. completing the site design.
    2. using copyrighted materials and claiming to be done by himself.
    3. deadline
    4. lies
    5. rudeness

i will change the vista wallpaper there and make it still free.. he emailed me sayin "We are done. Your lies and threat to my family are over the line. Your right though about one thing .... I will not refund your money as I stated."

i have lost $1500 i have nothing more to loose...any legal battle invloves a lot of costs since iam from india and he is from USA. jurisdiction matters a lot.
    That's usually how they act. They know that you will not act legally because either you are on another country or because the cost of hiring a lawyer will far exceed what you lost. This is how this type of people operate.

The point is that if you are going to do business over the web and with people that you meet over a forum, you should obtain their contact information, business information, and speak with them over the phone or skype or any other means. Then make sure you sign a contract and see where that contract has jurisdiction, if does not have jurisdiction in your area, then DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!! period.

Quote Originally Posted by newspaper View Post
    That's usually how they act. They know that you will not act legally because either you are on another country or because the cost of hiring a lawyer will far exceed what you lost. This is how this type of people operate.

The point is that if you are going to do business over the web and with people that you meet over a forum, you should obtain their contact information, business information, and speak with them over the phone or skype or any other means. Then make sure you sign a contract and see where that contract has jurisdiction, if does not have jurisdiction in your area, then DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!! period.
    If i'm honest, i would not say this Jerret chap is a scammer in the sense that he will lie and lie to get money out of you and then just vanishes.

It seems to me like he just has very bad time management and is getting deeper and deeper into trouble with projects and he is clearly having financial trouble.

I don't agree with what he has done at all, but there are far nastier people out there...

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Bembridge View Post
    If i'm honest, i would not say this Jerret chap is a scammer in the sense that he will lie and lie to get money out of you and then just vanishes.

It seems to me like he just has very bad time management and is getting deeper and deeper into trouble with projects and he is clearly having financial trouble.

I don't agree with what he has done at all, but there are far nastier people out there...
    Agree, I was not talking about him in particular, just in general about what usually happens, and how you can minimize your chances of loosing money.....that's all.

Also Hcompany your signature..

For first time readers that may send a wrong signal meaning they might think you are the scammer. So it is best you reword your signature (after consulting with a MOD here ofcourse )
    Chris, Developer/Programmer,
    https://www.chrisranjana.com/
    Php laravel developers, Node Python developers,
    AWS Certified | Python developers | Nodejs Developers | Devops

Quote Originally Posted by chrisranjana View Post
    Also Hcompany your signature..

For first time readers that may send a wrong signal meaning they might think you are the scammer. So it is best you reword your signature (after consulting with a MOD here ofcourse )
    It wont sent a wrong message stating he is a scammer, but a clever signature can hurt his business a lot and such persons deserve.

The OP seems to be very frustrated and that has resulted in some harsh postings about the person whom he had pointed out.

i agree with everyone.. but i was fair enough to let him keep $400 for those layout and failure to complete on deadlines,lies since jan to august, copyrighted images on layout and finally refused to refund the rest of amount despite himself agreed he is cause for failure of my project in chat.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast