Issues with IE 8 in Windows 7?

I've been fortunate enough to not be affected by the other bugs people have been reporting with Windows 7, but lately after quite a bit of use I've been seeing wierd issues with IE 8 on two different computers with Windows 7 Ultimate RTM.

After using the same IE instance for a while, I will eventually be unable to use the forward/back buttons, and have to click the home button ~5 times to get it to work. Flash (several different versions, btw) crash individual tabs. Occasionally a large page will have IE "stop responding" for several seconds.

Anyone else experience any IE 8 wierdness? I don't remember any of these issues in the beta or RC.

Nopes i dont, but i mostly use firefox, maybe time to change?

I use IE 8 all the time and have found that if it's open for 1-2 days it starts to eat 800mb of ram. So I just close it and reopen it and all is well. Windows 7 is very stable.

Quote Originally Posted by eurovps_jeff View Post
    I use IE 8 all the time and have found that if it's open for 1-2 days it starts to eat 800mb of ram. So I just close it and reopen it and all is well. Windows 7 is very stable.
    I've noticed the high memory usage as well, although it is usually only one tab.

I agree Windows 7 is by far the most stable recent version of Windows (as it should be)... my only issue so far is with IE.

Quote Originally Posted by TheServerExperts View Post
    Nopes i dont, but i mostly use firefox, maybe time to change?
    Firefox can be a memory hog as well, in some versions. But I always end up using IE, regardless of what other browsers I install... probably because it's already there when I install Windows.