Customer Relationship Management Software

Does anyone have any recommendations for crm software? We're looking into Act! and Salesforce, but I'm also interested in any open source options as well. We'd love a solution that works on both Mac and Windows.

I'd love to hear about anyone's experience with crm software in general as well.

Thanks!

I don't have much experience with any CRM that I really liked, but if you want a cross platform option, consider a web based solution.
    Chris Larkin
    Senior Hosting Consultant
    SingleHop Managed Dedicated Servers
    http://singlehop.com

We use Act! and there is a plugin the hooks it into Quickbooks - so when we're in Act, we can see all the finance info related to each customer within act. When the phone rings, if the caller ID number is associated with any of our customers, it pops up their record. We customized a lot of fields.

We log each call too so we have a nice contact history on each. We like to log "non-technical" small talk too. The reason? When the customer calls back 6 months later for something else, we can say "oh, by the way, how's the new puppy working out?" It's the extra personal touch that has allowed us to grow without any advertising.

Did you check out sugarCRM ? http://www.sugarcrm.com/crm/

Sugar CRM in my opinion is a pretty good base option to start of with. There are many functions and features that are not avaialbe. When we were interested in paying for an upgrade of Sugar, they definitely have a good per user cost. But since the miniumum license package is like 5 or 10 useres, you end up paying a whole lot more. We ended up going with salesforce.com which was two times as much per user, but I only needed 1 license. I have used SF.com for a few years now and I must tell you it is a wonderful tool! Pay the cost, be the boss!

We've looked at sugarCRM, does anyone have experience with the community edition? The $360/seat/year for the professional edition seems a little high compared to Act's ~$200/seat/ever cost.

Dont ya think it would be better just to enhance your billing platform to get the crm tools your needing?

Quote Originally Posted by MACscr View Post
    Dont ya think it would be better just to enhance your billing platform to get the crm tools your needing?
    Actually that sounds like a lot of messy work. Our billing system is there for billing, and while it does have some of the functionally of a CRM system, extending it would require a huge amount of development... for software that already exists elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by kdebs View Post
    Actually that sounds like a lot of messy work. Our billing system is there for billing, and while it does have some of the functionally of a CRM system, extending it would require a huge amount of development... for software that already exists elsewhere.
    But if you get something developed for your billing system then it means its all integrated, if a potential lead signs up you then do not have to manually update a CRM system, the module in your billing system will/can automatically change the status.

Personally i dislike having to store information in several different places, can make data protection that bit more difficult. We currently use WHMCS to manage our billing and support and have been thinking for some time of getting a CRM together, but the one thing that is stopping me from using a system like Sugar or such is that i will have to initially put the information into that system and then if the client does buy a hosting product i have to make sure that I update the CRM to reflect that. Keeping it all in the one place makes management so much easier.
    If you need help about anything to do with WHT, check out the Helpdesk

Quote Originally Posted by [IT&VoIP] Mark View Post
    But if you get something developed for your billing system then it means its all integrated, if a potential lead signs up you then do not have to manually update a CRM system, the module in your billing system will/can automatically change the status.
    You're right, it would be optimal if everything just worked together. However, I don't personally want to be the person to set that up.

Hi,

You can try vtiger (http://www.vtiger.com) which is a open source CRM software. Many of our customers are using it.

Thanks
    “We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are.” - Anais Nin
    + + http://goo.gl/FueXnz