India - shared host providers needed

Hi frndz,

I need advice in choosing nice "shared hosting provider". If anybody have nice experience with any Indian hosting company, then please suggest me.

what about Indialinks?? anybody have experience with them..

and what factors need to note before selecting a plan??

Can I ask why you require an Indian webhost?
    l Dedigeeks Shared Wordpress Dedicated Established 2006
    l Leading AUSTRALIAN Hosting Provider Sydney & Melbourne Datacentres
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support SMS Hosting Alerts*
    l www.dedigeeks.com Managing Director Service Superstars

coz my website is basicly for Indians and If it would be Indian then I think it would be easier to contact them for me....

you can check with IDS Web Hosting noida a managed hosting division of IDS Logic Pvt. Ltd.

Do you need an Indian provider or a host who is using a data centre in India. I asked this because they may be using a US DC though the company is in India.

Quote Originally Posted by iHubNet-Matt View Post
    Do you need an Indian provider or a host who is using a data centre in India. I asked this because they may be using a US DC though the company is in India.
    I need Indian hosting service provider coz I feel it will be quite easier for me to contact them in case of any technical assistance. Coz I don't want to keep writing mails for minor purposes or calling international numbers so i think its better to have local provider .

Even I am happy with non-Indian too but before that I would like to go for short term plan and after considering its services I will upgrade the plan.

Quote Originally Posted by nehrav View Post
    Even I am happy with non-Indian too but before that I would like to go for short term plan and after considering its services I will upgrade the plan.
    Yes it is always safe to go for monthly payments when you try a new host.

So any suggestion or your own experienced hosting provider for me??

So any suggestion or your own experienced hosting provider for me??
    Sorry to say no since I don't have direct experience regarding Indian providers and can't remember any based on reviews .

I need Indian hosting service provider coz I feel it will be quite easier for me to contact them in case of any technical assistance.
    This won't be an issue since most of the providers have 24/7 ticket support system. Some even have live chat for technical support.

Although I understand your concern on having to make calls on international numbers just in case something happens where you couldn't get to contact a host on their site, I think its still better not to close your doors on other providers that might have better offers. But of course, you always have the last say on that. =)

ok, then what about www.softsyshosting.com

any experience with this srevice provider

Hi Nehrav

I was in a position like yours before a month,I have posted similar query in this forum. Check this link "http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=896169"

I hosted in 24bar7 host.com, my website requires asp.net to run in integrated pipeline mode. Everything is going fine in it.

I hope my thread will be helpful to you

Thank you
    -Abey

There are many providers from India but a few servers in India

Most of the top hosts in India host from USA based servers.

But you can check out directly with the data centers located in India like net4india, vsnl etc.
    Chris, Developer/Programmer,
    https://www.chrisranjana.com/
    Php laravel developers, Node Python developers,
    AWS Certified | Python developers | Nodejs Developers | Devops

I suggest a nice Irish web host with 100% uptime vade.ie

YOu can also try this Indian whost.in

Don't go to ewebguru, Expertrio, Zdnet etc.

Hi Nehrav, We have in the past hosted web sites for clients based in India and had no problems with the tech support aspect. As long as the hosting company is offering 24x7 technical support (as most do) then you should have no problems if you need assistance. Might I suggest you look through the WHT offers section for an International shared hosting provider that meets your needs.

Best Of Luck With Your Search,
    Chris
    www.postasite.net- Affordable, Reliable U.S/U.K Web Hosting.
    Cpanel | Domain Name Registration | SSL Certificates.
    In business since 2003

There are many hosting providers in your location (Delhi). A research on your yellowpages would surely help you. I am unsure about the pricing of the Delhi based companies. If city doesn't matter www.InwayHosting.com or Net4in might suit you.

Never go for Rediff!!
    Last edited by assistanz247; 11-17-2009 at 11:22 AM.
    AssistanZ - Beyond Boundaries...
    Cloudstack Consultancy / 24x7 Web Hosting Support / 24x7 Server Management / Infrastructure Management Services
    Web & Mobile Apps Development / Web Designing Services / Php, Grails, Java Development

Lightbulb

Hello I am from India.

I only want to say DON'T pay Yearly at all. Go with an Indian Webhosting Provider who takes Monthly Payments or 3 Months Payments.

I have suffered a Lot when I was very new to this Hosting thing and paid for 1 Year.

You need Windows hosting or Linux Hosting?
    RVH Cloud - Every day hosting solutions since 2003
    Shared Hosting Reseller Hosting VPS Dedicated Servers True 24 x 7 x 365 Support

Quote Originally Posted by chrisranjana View Post
    Most of the top hosts in India host from USA based servers.

But you can check out directly with the data centers located in India like net4india, vsnl etc.
    So which one is better. Will it slow down the site if the data center is located in US?
    Thanks.

waqyum location of server does make a difference, but then there are other factors too, cost is the biggest then comes capacity and infrastructure.

Hosting on an India based server is way too costly and you won't get sufficient bandwidth. This also apply to many other countries and that is the main reason why most of the sites are hosted in USA and you have maximum number of data centers in USA.

For big corporates its fine to host in India (we do have some world class data centers) because they can afford them. But for individuals and for small business USA/UK data centers suits more.
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence