Datacenters / ISP's that ignore spammers

Would you be happy to host your BUSINESS (i.e. servers etc) at a datacenter or ISP that's known for ignoring spam complaints?

I am just curious because I already submitted SEVERAL spam complaints to servercentral.net but they simple ignore it. A big anti-spam list such as Spamcop not even bother to try and submit spam complaints to them and purge such complaints.

abuse#servercentral.net@devnull.spamcop.net

In my opinion it's a high risk to host your servers at a company that ignore spam complaints because many of their IP addresses will eventually be on spam block lists. (And because IP addresses are "recycled" I won't be happy to get IP addresses assigned to a server that was previously used by a spammer)
    Frank Coetzee
    SA Internet News Group cc

"I hear and I forget, I see and I remember. I do and I understand. " - Chinese Proverb

I am sure any reputable DC do not like spam.

Maybe they didn't get your email?
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

Well if the DC is being used for spam then their IP range will eventually get black listed. Once that happens you'll definitely get some interest or some sort of reply.

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    I am sure any reputable DC do not like spam.

Maybe they didn't get your email?
    I send them SEVERAL examples but if even Spamcop devnulled servercentral.net then they obviously don't care much.

Maybe the answer is in the "reputable" versus "greedy" issue?
    Frank Coetzee

"I hear and I forget, I see and I remember. I do and I understand. " - Chinese Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by AHN-Andrew View Post
    Well if the DC is being used for spam then their IP range will eventually get black listed. Once that happens you'll definitely get some interest or some sort of reply.
    Maybe but unfortunatelly all email from a good and legimate host and his clients that inherit such server would be blocked until the upstream guys get their act together.
    Frank Coetzee

If your business requires email, then a hosting company that doesn't care about spam would be really bad. If you don't have any business critical email (except for like a gmail address or something) you could get away with a provider that doesn't care. But why would you want to financially support a company that supports spam?

Hello,

Since I manage the abuse team at ServerCentral, this seems like an appropriate time to disengage lurk mode and address the issue Frank raises.

Frank, I see that you last reported an unsolicited email from one of our customers at Apr 24 2009 06:10 AM. We handled your report promptly and our customer notified us that the issue had been resolved at Apr 26 2009 04:31 AM. If this is not the case, please let us know - open a new ticket via email to [email protected] and I will handle it for you myself.

To address speculation that we don't care, or ignore spam reports -- as our autoresponder states on every new ticket, while we cannot send personalized replies to each report, we do take unsolicited email very seriously and handle every single report. You may view the AUP we stand firmly behind at: http://servercentral.net/termsofservice

With respect to SpamCop, I can't speak to their infrastructure, aliases, or how they're delivering reports. What I can say is that we still receive mail from SpamCop and address each and every one received. We also review their daily summary messages to observe any trending that might indicate a spam outbreak (usually due to a compromised host, insecure web apps, etc.)

To reiterate: the suggestion that ServerCentral ignores spam complaints and that SpamCop does not communicate with us is not true. ServerCentral is proactively anti-spam in every regard.

Readers should feel free to contact me via private message, or via the abuse address, should you have any questions that require detailed response.

I can agree with what Timy said - we have a few severs with them - and they are super strict on spam and report it to our upstream provider whenever there's an issue on our servers. we then have only a short while to sort it out before our ip is null routed or server disconnected.
    Last edited by AmpleHosting; 11-10-2009 at 09:23 AM.