[FOR HIRE] Sys Admin, Programmer, L2/L3 support 8+ years experience
Marital Status: Married
Birthdate: 08 July 1979
Employment Status: Open to opportunities
Contacts Email / MSN: rwxguru [AT] gmail [DOT] com
AIM : rwxguru
A career in a well known hosting company, utilizing my skills and experiences while pursuing interests in programming and Internet security.
- Extensive experience with administration and security of Linux servers.
- Enjoys working in a team environment.
- Fast learning and adaptive abilities.
- Excellent communication, linguistic, and verbal skills.
- strong analytic abilities.
- Strong initiative toward improvement in all aspects of the business.
* Compiled general software packages from source, such as Kernel, Apache, PHP, etc.
* Compile kernel + grsecurity.
* Removal of insecure packages and unnecessary software
* Securing PHP/Apache
* Apache / MySQL tweaking for maximum performance
* Created bash scripts to automate certain tasks
* Coding various C++/perl programs for server side tasks like checking hacking attempts, server migrations, complete server restores and lots more.
* Edited and secured iptables rules for system security
* Server auditing, Managing Logs, Disks Management.
* Updated kernels from vanilla source and Redhat RPM.
* Monitoring system workload and maintained a safe working environment for other applications
* DDOS Attack prevention hacks/tweaks
* first admin hired and had done all of the hiring for the rest of support department,
* designed the infrastructure, configurations, etc. of the servers and the eventual server farm,
* creating custom scripts to facilitate work over said server farm. Everything from Level 1 support to
in-depth server administration, planning and designing of how things go.
* Systems administration and systems design,
* Design of of all servers setup and optimizing it from max performance, configuration, implementation and maintenance of Linux servers.
* Wrote a custom monitoring system, SSH Gateway and a proactive firewall.
Terms of Employment:
monthly salary, payment negotiable.