Thread: VPN hosting

VPN hosting

Hello,
    I would like to offer a VPN service for my country folk (Sweden), unfortunately I dont have the knowledge to set something like this up, although from what i have been advised on yahoo! answers its not very tough.

Basically, i can setup the front end of the site to take orders and make accounts, i hear you can have OPEN VPN running in the background for your clients to connect to... but i would like some answers from more knowledgeable people here how to go about this and the server/bandwidth requirements that can be met by which company? I know it would have to be dedicated hosting.
    Because i do know that bandwidth would be pretty high per month per account, so i would need a package with less disk space but more bandwidth.

Thanks!
    R

If you go with a good VPS provider you can install OpenVPN but I don't know how you would go about granting/removing access for your clients without doing it manually.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    If you go with a good VPS provider you can install OpenVPN but I don't know how you would go about granting/removing access for your clients without doing it manually.
    Hey!
    Thanks for replying!

I really dont mind doing it manually but can i get a good VPS provider for a good enough price to be competitive in our market here?

Presently the companies are offering an account for around 5euros a month, no real bandwidth caps, to test this i have actually used one of the local places and downloaded over 10 gigs per day for the month... i didnt get any email from them telling me to slow down or whatever.

It is hard to know, if the company is reputable/trusted/been around a while you'll probably be fine.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

Any recommendations?

You might want to look at using the Webmin Panel with the OpenVPN module for it, it would make it a lot easier

Thanks mate, but first would REALLY appreciate it if someone could start the ball rolling by recommending a few hosts than can actually do this.

(Hopefully in Europe)

Quote Originally Posted by mag1c1an View Post
    Thanks mate, but first would REALLY appreciate it if someone could start the ball rolling by recommending a few hosts than can actually do this.

(Hopefully in Europe)
    Try contacting a few VPS providers with services in Europe, i'm sure some will offer it to you.

You could also look at OpenVPN hosting itself, such as http://www.strongvpn.com/

Hosts here can't make an offer since this would be a violation. You could check out the offer section forum for possible hosts, if you like. =)

Ah! Forgot about that, but if anyone wants to PM me feel free to do so (Im not sure if thats against the rules)

Cheers!