Thread: I'm New!

I'm New!

I must confess the reason I'm here is because I downloaded a membership script and I'm Having some problems getting it to work correctly. The membership script said I could get help Here and Help at form.digitalpoint.com
    The script is everything I want/need in a File protection script. Eveything seems to be working fine except when I attempt to login I get two warning and 1 fatal error. Below are the errors I've encounted can some one please help this newbie?
    ########################
    Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /sites/hopear/htdocs/membership/login.php on line 95

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /sites/hopear/htdocs/membership/login.php on line 98

Fatal error: Call to undefined function encode_decode() in /sites/hopear/htdocs/membership/login.php on line 105
    #####################

I love the script. Will someone Please Help Me.

Jacob Williams
    <<signatures to be set up in your profile>>
    Last edited by bear; 11-03-2009 at 03:36 PM.

Moved to programming, as it's not really a "new members" intro thread.
    Having problems, or maybe questions about WHT? Head over to the help desk!

Quote Originally Posted by MaleFingers View Post
    I must confess the reason I'm here is because I downloaded a membership script and I'm Having some problems getting it to work correctly. The membership script said I could get help Here and Help at form.digitalpoint.com
    The script is everything I want/need in a File protection script. Eveything seems to be working fine except when I attempt to login I get two warning and 1 fatal error. Below are the errors I've encounted can some one please help this newbie?
    ########################
    Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /sites/hopear/htdocs/membership/login.php on line 95

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /sites/hopear/htdocs/membership/login.php on line 98

Fatal error: Call to undefined function encode_decode() in /sites/hopear/htdocs/membership/login.php on line 105
    #####################

I love the script. Will someone Please Help Me.

Jacob Williams
    <<signatures to be set up in your profile>>
    What are lines 95 and 98? Sounds like it can't find the file that it's supposed to be opening and writing to on the filesystem.

Hello MaleFingers, welcome. Enjoy your visits.

Well Now I've gone and done it. I Realized I'd Had the script loaded for a month or so. So I Deleted the file(s) from my server and downloaded the script again. I promise You I uploaded it the same as I had before. this time after the first page in install.php, I click the submit button and get the message,

Duplicate entry 'CF_CAPTHCA' for key 'PRIMARY'

There's nothing else on the screen except the line above. Please Help!

Have you checked its file permission (chmod)?

Duplicate entry 'CF_CAPTHCA' for key 'PRIMARY'
    truncate the tables in the database then re-install the script.

If the files are indeed there, then it could be a file/directory permission problem, or possibly a path problem.

Posting the login.php section that includes the lines in question (95 - 105) might help spot the problem. If the section is part of a function include all of the function. xxxx out any sensitive username/password info if needed.