Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

delimiter.us question

hi

if anyone has bought the delimiter.us vps server?
    how has the vps?
    what is the response time support?

Delimiter site overlooking the company's data and telephone number.
    I wrote a mail asking for company's data, and got no response

hmmm, no email response doesnt sound good, but worth trying again just in case there were having problems with their mailserver spam filtering etc

litlle problem
    Delimiter site overlooking the company's data and telephone number.

not having any contact details doesnt always give the best impression, but shouldn't be a a reflection on their service level

I would be looking for some sort of trial before I signed up to anything though

company are only 4 months old, so you can have that fear disappears, the lack of corporate data does not look good

I suggest you try to look around as well for other options. its not usually a good thing when a potential customer doesn't even get an email response.

I have

Signed up with them for vps100.

The speed is very very nice. http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...&postcount=744

FluidVM control panel cannot update and recreate OS or make backups. I had to reinstall my os a few times. Support answered very friendly within 2-8 hours.

I hope for the best, But remmeber the speed will drop. The server im on only had two vps accounts at the time of the speed test.

First vps for me. so im not sure if i would recommend it, ill write a review after 3 month with pingdom uptime stats etc. If they are still around...

Mikkel

Signed up with them for a "VPS50" account yesterday at approx 13:40 GMT, got the standard whmcs Welcome/Customer Invoice/Order Confirmation/Payment confirmation emails straight away.

Apparently standard account setup is within 24 hours, about 13:15 today I sent them a support ticket querying two things, this however was 07:15 (according to the support system) for them, so I was not expecting an instant response.

It's now just gone 16:00 and as of yet still no response to the ticket, nor sign of the account order being processed - though the above poster has said "Support answered very friendly within 2-8 hours." so that's fair enough, hopefully I'll receive one over the next few hours, assuming they work weekends that is... I sure hope they do!

Noticed a few discrepancies, e.g. their website says contact us via email, or IRC if you click support on the main page, yet as far as I can work out, there is no mention of this IRC server/channel anywhere else on their site.

The help section of their website looks pretty well organised, with explanations of various things and pictures to go along with them, though the whmcs portal has no information what so ever in it (Server Status, Announcements, Downloads, Knowledge Base) would be nice to see a link in the knowledge base section to the help section of their website, for people that hadn't noticed that.

One last thing, as I'm based in the UK the servers being in Germany is ideal for me, as they have a 40ms ping response time, and I can download from them at max speed - however, considering this was a ".us" domain, I was expecting them to have their servers in the US, and the fact that they are hosted in Germany was not mentioned anywhere on their site - though as I did some research before signing up, I already knew this.

I will update this post with my progress, and hope this will be of use to people interested in their service.

---

DoYouSpeakWak?? - If you happen to read this, how long did it take for your server to be setup? Cheers.
    Last edited by BTCentral - Ben; 11-07-2009 at 12:22 PM.

It certainly will be very helpful. Hopefully everything goes well

Uhh it took 3 days or so, after i made a support ticket they told me they had ran out of ip adresses and the account would be created within 72 hours. It was

Small update

Server has now been setup, was going to happen yesterday but they had to wait for the DirectAdmin license.

Support has been fairly prompt so far, and the support member I dealt with was polite.

Just ran the VPS Benchmark, and was more then pleasantly surprised with the result: showthread.php?p=6485500#post6485500
    You'll have to manually change the topic in your address bar, less than 5 posts... so can't post direct links yet

So far so good, will see what happens

I think it’s a scam. I’ve signed up this weekend and have not received any notification. I’ve just checked my paypal payment and found that the email of the seller is djorlovsky@gmail.com. It also sets a periodic payment on your paypal account so remember to cancel that.

Quote Originally Posted by inffcs00 View Post
    I think it’s a scam. I’ve signed up this weekend and have not received any notification. I’ve just checked my paypal payment and found that the email of the seller is djorlovsky@gmail.com. It also sets a periodic payment on your paypal account so remember to cancel that.
    I can assure you that it is not a scam, it took longer than advertised for mine to get setup (had an extra day wait for the DirectAdmin license over the weekend) but it took about 72 hours in total for mine to be setup.

And err, periodic payments are so that the payments can be taken monthly/quarterly/semi-annually/annually (whatever you selected when you signed up)... so unless you want your service cancelled by them, I would not recommend you just randomly go about recurring payments. I ordered mine quarterly (so I could see what they were like), and as expected, when I view the recurring payment details "Payment cycle: Every 3 Months".

Have you even bothered to send them a support ticket asking for the status of your order? Also, bear in mind, they operate on a US timezone (not sure if you do or not). Longest wait I've had for a support ticket response was 6 hours (then again, when I sent it, it was 7:15 AM for them), and shortest response time has been 5 minutes. Generally when I've sent support tickets during US (standard business) hours, I have always had a prompt response.

For anyone interested, they do work weekends - my server was infact setup on a Sunday.

VPS Benchmark Results - The website I have hosted on my VPS
    Last edited by BTCentral - Ben; 11-09-2009 at 08:15 AM.

Well I submitted a ticket this morning (I'm in GMT+1). But the thing that called my attention when I checked the paypal payment was that the email address of the seller wasn't from Dann Fry (the supposed owner www lowendbox com/blog/delimiter-usa-6-unmetered-vps) and that the monthly payment they had set up was not for 6$ like the VPS10 plan I had contracted but for 16$.

No its not scam but its very unstable

Within the last 24hours my vps have been offline 3-4 times due to the fluidvm control panel that they use to restart the server, restore etc.

A few times it have just been offline with no access. Other times part of it timed out. Everytime with the same outcome vps been taken offline.

Last night i went to bed, server running fine, got up this morning and its down. no access to fluidvm so i had to submit a ticket. again.

Well I submitted a ticket this morning (I'm in GMT+1). But the thing that called my attention when I checked the paypal payment was that the email address of the seller wasn't from Dann Fry (the supposed owner www lowendbox com/blog/delimiter-usa-6-unmetered-vps) and that the monthly payment they had set up was not for 6$ like the VPS10 plan I had contracted but for 16$.
    On their website, if you sign up for VPS10 like you have, you should probably note that there is a $10 initial setup fee. See here - "$6.00 USD Monthly + $10.00 USD Setup Fee"

Also, not the monthly payment says "Payment type Trial Period" (at least for me) so I assume for you, it would be changed to $6 after the first month.

Again, if you have any questions about things like that, why not submit a support ticket to their billing dept. to query it?

In the link you provided, and on the website, it says the site was designed by him, doesn't say the company is run by him (though I may well be wrong there).

Quote Originally Posted by DoYouSpeakWak?? View Post
    No its not scam but its very unstable

Within the last 24hours my vps have been offline 3-4 times due to the fluidvm control panel that they use to restart the server, restore etc.

A few times it have just been offline with no access. Other times part of it timed out. Everytime with the same outcome vps been taken offline.

Last night i went to bed, server running fine, got up this morning and its down. no access to fluidvm so i had to submit a ticket. again.
    Just found out my VPS was also offline (it was online about an hour ago), tried to start it via FluidVM, and it failed to start the first time, second time it said the node was unreachable, and then finally, it started.

Not particularly impressive...

VirtualServer btcentral.org.uk Starting up Succeeded 2009-11-09 07:47:19
    VirtualServer btcentral.org.uk Starting up Failed 2009-11-09 07:46:06
    VirtualServer btcentral.org.uk Starting up Failed 2009-11-09 07:38:43
    Possibly a glitch in their system however.
    Last edited by BTCentral - Ben; 11-09-2009 at 09:21 AM.

My is up again after i conctacted support, they said there was some dc problems and they would fix em.

They have answered the support ticket telling me that everything will be set at the end of the day. Let's see if it's true.

My is still very unstabile (No changed made exept adde xcache) Sometimes a simple php info page can take mins to load. Lets see tommorow if they have fixed it.

Mine is down again, have sent them a support ticket to find out what is going on.

Hopefully will find out soon enough.

I am unable to even start the VPS, as FluidVM gives me an nginx "Gateway Timeout" error, therefore i'm assuming one of their nodes is down. Switching my name servers back to my old host until this is resolved
    Last edited by BTCentral - Ben; 11-09-2009 at 12:10 PM.

The story continues...

I've had a response to my support ticket - they are very apologetic, and apparently there is network-level problem with some of their VPS nodes which they are working with the ISP to resolve - basically the whole server starts experiencing huge lag spikes and eventually the VPS go offline, after the server is restarted everything is back to normal, and then the problem seems to return at random times.

They are currently working on resolving this, and to compensate for the problems they are crediting the affected clients' accounts with a free week (as in, the due next invoice will be moved back a week).

---

Hoping this gets sorted soon - however luckily for now, I can simply change the name servers for my domains and go back to my previous host.
    Something that I also think is worth a mention - the support staff have been polite throughout my entire experience with them so far - so Kudos to delimiter for making sure that their customer service staff are well trained.
    Last edited by BTCentral - Ben; 11-09-2009 at 01:56 PM.

I think its scam because of the people who post here that they have bought service from them have just posted couple posts

Quote Originally Posted by ndugu View Post
    I think its scam because of the people who post here that they have bought service from them have just posted couple posts
    And this is coming from a person with... quite literally a couple of posts. So, by your own logic, you are not a reliable source.

Anyhow, as I say, I've moved my website back to my old host (for now) until they get the issue with the VPS fixed.

Here are a few screenshots from my account with delimiter (certain information blacked out, for obvious reasons):

FluidVM - From which you are able to start/stop the VPS, control services, reinstall the OS, etc.
    DirectAdmin - Note that with DirectAdmin you get access to Admin, Reseller and User levels, which is a nice thing to have.
    ClientArea - Support Tickets, Service details, Knowledgebase, etc.

So how many of these outages have been reported? If they are aware of a DC/Network issue why not put up a notice about this somewhere (which they may have I saw no links for a customer notification page)? It's one thing to have issues and clearly notify/update your customers it's another thing to not be notified of persistent issues.

I have no idea as to the viability of this host but just as an FYI btcentral, just b/c some/all accounts are eventually provisioned doesn't mean it's not a scam. Plenty of examples here of hosts starting out well (while the server is empty) for the first few months only to leave some very unhappy customers once the wave of new signups come in. Hopefully these guys aren't one of these.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast