Thread: How to do this?

Hybrid View

How to do this?

Hi,

I am running a big portal with a huge traffic on a single server, sometimes due to load or any server issue the website gets down for 1 or 2 mins & it shows the page cannot be display error,

Instead of this error page, I want to show a page like "Server is busy, Please try again in a moment" from oher server so that user can never get the error page,

How can I do this?

Best Regards
    Hassan

What webserver are you using?
    This can be done with simple error page handling that get rendered based on the HTTP result code. Such as the 500-13 server too busy error.

Most control panels support it.
    SOA/SaaS/Cloud & Hosting Technology Evangelist
    Note: Any opinions expressed are my own and not of anyone else or my companies.

You can also make this happen in your Apache configuration file. (If you're running Apache, of course...)

The redirection can happen only if your apache is responsive. However in your case, it does not seem to be. You should probably optimize your apache for better performance

Quote Originally Posted by activelobby4u View Post
    The redirection can happen only if your apache is responsive. However in your case, it does not seem to be. You should probably optimize your apache for better performance
    Alternatively setup a reverse proxy with a certain amount of connections - if the pool becomes unresponsive you can have it display an error accordingly.
    Cody R.
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly Serving websites since 2004.
    Official Let's Encrypt Sponsor

Wouldn't it make more sense to resolve the problem?

If you put a haproxy in front of your web server and perhaps add a few backend webservers, split sql load up if it's intense, and you won't need a server too busy message.
    James Paul Woods
    Operations Manager
    HostKitty Internet Services

I vote for HA-Proxy as well. Also try assuring that you have all caching options available enabled.
    =>Admo.net Managed Hosting
    => Managed Hosting • Dedicated Servers • Colocation
    => Dark Fiber Access to 1102 Grand, Multiple Public Providers
    => Over •Sixteen• Years of Service