Bluehost vs. Network Solutions

Hi all. New to the board, although I've looked through it for awhile. This is my first post. My company currently hosts internally and plans to move to external hosting. What's your take on Bluehost vs. Network Solutions for shared hosting? Thanks in advance!

While I can't make a comparison as I haven't used both companies, I'll say that I wouldn't use Bluehost (aka Hostmonster, fastdomain) for a company site because of a decent but not too impressive uptime (http://www.pingdom.com/reports/xdibi...e=Hostmonster1), and mediocre server performance. At least, that's what my experience suggests thus far.

If it is a business website you are best off with a non-unlimited high quality hosting provider, which may end up costing you more than the typical consumer oriented hosting provider (like BlueHost). You may also want to look at semi-dedicated solutions for maximum performance.

Go with Network Solutions!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeZewski View Post
    Go with Network Solutions!
    Why? Are/were you a customer of theirs?

I've know a few friends who hosted with Bluehost years ago and seen the downtime then. Don't think it's any better now. I really don't know much of Network Solutions either. Best bet is do research on NS.

look in the offers section.

owm
    ()
    Life's what you make it.

Is there any particular reason why you have narrowed your search down to those two hosts?

I am sure Network Solutions would be a good choice, if you only limit yourself to those two. Bluehost has a pretty bad reputation around, unless of course your paid to say something then of course they are awesome(I'm referencing the mass amount of affiliates that praise them).
    Jacob Wall - GetCloak.com

There are plenty of hosts to choose from, try checking the offer section forum. When you find some offers that interest you, you could then try searching for reviews here. In that way, you'll get a better chance of finding a good host that is suited for your needs.

I haven't tried Network Solutions so can't comment on them but I'd definitely stay away from BlueHost - complete nightmare when I was last with them. Best to choose VPS or Semi-Dedicated for company type websites.

Best to choose VPS or Semi-Dedicated for company type websites.
    All VPS and semi-dedicated hosting providers are fast to suggest them for pretty much anything. For a lot of company-type sites though, quality shared hosting is all that's really needed. In a lot of cases the company site isn't the main source of business, traffic to it is limited, and the extra cost (and slight inconvenience if we're taking about unmanaged VPS) aren't justified.

Well I have tried 7 different shared hosting companies within the last 5 years and all of them had way too much downtime. I just don't think there are many good quality shared hosting providers about anymore. Shared hosting is mainly used for cheap hosting where provider cram as many sites on one server as possible. Doing so causes a lot of downtime. You don't get this with VPS or Semi-Dedicated hosting = better uptime/less problems. I think just paying the extra few quid is worth paying for. That's just my opinion on it though, going by past experience with shared hosting providers. I gave up trying to find a quality shared hosting provider long time ago.

I think shared hosting is ok for non-profit/hobby type sites but that's about it.

Good luck finding a quality shared hosting provider.

Quote Originally Posted by HostXNow View Post
    Well I have tried 7 different shared hosting companies within the last 5 years and all of them had way too much downtime. I just don't think there are many good quality shared hosting providers about anymore. Shared hosting is mainly used for cheap hosting where provider cram as many sites on one server as possible. Doing so causes a lot of downtime. You don't get this with VPS or Semi-Dedicated hosting = better uptime/less problems. I think just paying the extra few quid is worth paying for. That's just my opinion on it though, going by past experience with shared hosting providers. I gave up trying to find a quality shared hosting provider long time ago.

I think shared hosting is ok for non-profit/hobby type sites but that's about it.

Good luck finding a quality shared hosting provider.
    As much as I hate to admit, you are right to a certain extent but (and I say this with regard) there are a few shared hosting companys still around that do provide quality hosting still.

i didn't try both, i hope you have help here