IP Address for Shared Hosting?, it allowed?.

i already saw other thread with other discus, and i read someone says, IP Address is not allow for shared hosting. its true?

Thanks You
    Disclosure

@Disclosure
    This would depend on your hosting provider. Getting a dedicated ip address for your shared account isn't an issue, with some providers it may cost extra (i.e. $1 - $2.50+ per ip monthly) or with other providers you may have to upgrade your hosting plan to allow this, again just based on their business setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Disclosure View Post
    i already saw other thread with other discus, and i read someone says, IP Address is not allow for shared hosting. its true?

Thanks You
    Disclosure
    Generally IP addresses are not in any way an issue to get hold of. However most / many hosting providers will charge, and you will have to justify having that IP in line with ARIN guidelines.

Just wanting an IP is no reason to really have one, you will need a specific technical need such as an SSL cert.
    l 201TB.com • 201TB bandwidth as standard in three USA DC’s. KVMoIP, auto reboot & OS install all included - Now available in the Netherlands!
    l udedi.com • UK, USA & NL unmetered 100mb & 1GB 100TB premium bandwidth servers
    l Assiva Ltd • UK Shared & Reseller LiteSpeed • 10 years of hosting • R1Soft

All hosts will require a justification for using one, but they charge for each IP.
    Fully customized hosting to your specific needs, no general plans found here!
    'Read before you click I agree' - J

so example : we have 32 Dedicated IP within order dedicated server, if we want to use it for our shared hosting customer, we must talk to DS Provider/Data Center?.

Quote Originally Posted by Disclosure View Post
    so example : we have 32 Dedicated IP within order dedicated server, if we want to use it for our shared hosting customer, we must talk to DS Provider/Data Center?.
    If they are already provisioned to the server, then you don't. Simply assign them to clients as deemed fit.
    Cpanel/WHM • PHP • Perl • Ruby • Full Time Support
    LCWSoft - Canada web hosting (based in Newfoundland) since 2007
    Servers based in the US and Canada (Uptime Report)

You might need to justify their use to get more later though. Usually you have to use 80% of your IPs before you can get more. Valid justifications are things like SSL, Name Servers, etc. I recommend keeping track of them in a spreadsheet until you have too many to for that to be practical.