Question Looking for dedicated server with proactive support, up to $200

We are looking for a dedicated server for our website which serves around 10 million hits monthly.

We'd like to have at least 2GB RAM, 100mbps port and at least 2000 GB bandwidth.

We also need proactive managed support, security patches, 24/7 monitoring, and regular backups. Maximum allowable site downtime in worst case should be no more than 20 minutes.

Up to $200/month budget, please only established hosts with at least 3 years in the business.

In general your budget is good enough for your requirements. To proceed with your search, you may want to use Find A Host option or check out offers section to make a short list and than contact those providers.
    24Shells in Business Since 2003 - AS55081
    Dedicated Servers, Linux VPS Hosting, Windows VPS Hosting
    @24Shells - 24shells.net

you need a fully managed provider, which cost a lots. I think $200 should not enough for that kink of managed.

If you get an Atom with 2GB of ram, you could hit your mark without a problem.
    Jay

Quote Originally Posted by jayglate View Post
    If you get an Atom with 2GB of ram, you could hit your mark without a problem.
    I think he'll need something more than an Atom.

Quote Originally Posted by HivelocityJJ View Post
    I think he'll need something more than an Atom.
    Yeah.

Freediver, if your business/website is critical you'll need to spend a lot more money than $200 a month. You should look at Wiredtree, JaguarPC, LiquidWeb, Rackspace, and a few others if your looking for true managed servers when time is money.
    Jacob Wall - GetCloak.com

Axishost comes to my mind at this price for fully managed and proactive support. They have great rep here.
    Antonis Adamakos @ FuzzFree :: Fully Managed Web Hosting, Development, Online Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by 01globalnet View Post
    Axishost comes to my mind at this price for fully managed and proactive support. They have great rep here.
    Every time they have come up in WHT they always have something to moan about, I have absolutely zero first hand experience but I am just merely stating from what I found from the search.
    Jacob Wall - GetCloak.com

My recommendation for this situation would be to get Management service from one company and Dedicated Server from Another Company.

As you budget is quite low for Fully Managed Services provided you need a Core2Quad atleast for supporting your Visitors.
    Serverlogix.com - ★★ Managed VPS / Budget Servers / Colocation ★★
    Facilities : Atlanta, Buffalo and Las Vegas
    Web : http://www.serverlogix.comContact Us

Quote Originally Posted by freediver View Post
    We are looking for a dedicated server for our website which serves around 10 million hits monthly.
    Can you go over the nature of the website? It would help to know the kind of server-side scripts/programs used, peak load average (15mn), and current bottlenecks or perceived problem area(s). Also, how much backup storage do you need and what backup strategy is expected (daily, weekly, monthly, full, incremental, etc)?

Truth be told, the offers forum is flooded with managed server offers but confusingly each provider has its own meaning of "managed." so due diligence is required to avoid misunderstandings. Regarding disruption expectations, almost all of the facilities that have advertised on this forum have had down times that spanned more than 20 minutes. I understand that one has to be exigent but reality check - a disaster recovery plan is a must. A bonus if it's automated / unattended.

Regards
    Joe
    UNIXy - Fully Managed Servers and Clusters - Established in 2006
    [ cPanel Varnish Nginx Plugin ] - Enhance LiteSpeed and Apache Performance
    www.unixy.net - Los Angeles | Houston | Atlanta | Rotterdam
    Love to help pro bono (time permitting). joe > unixy.net

Sure, we run a wordpress based site. Current setting is nginx on top of apache, and wordpress caching.

As for backups daily, weekly, monthly model is sufficient, We need about 2-3 GB of backup space.

For us managed means that we sleep peacefully at nights, downtime is never longer that 20 minutes, and server is constantly updated with latest security patches.