3 Known simple SEO tips

Hi friends,

found in another seems helpful, so thought to share it here..

1. There are several sneaky tricks to getting website traffic, and using the website Digg is one of them. This site makes it possible to submit your own website as a news story. If you can get enough people to read and vote for your site, you can get a big traffic boost. Social bookmarking websites can give you one way backlinks if you submit your website URL as a bookmarked site. The more sites you submit to, the more one way links you can get. Sure, it takes a little time to create accounts on each social bookmarking site, but the effort is indeed worthwhile.

2. As a webmaster you probably now know that writing articles and submitting them to article directories is a great way to increase traffic to your site. Write a number of articles to provide information about your website and submit these articles to the major article directories. This way you will get backlinks to your website from each of these directories. This approach takes some work, and you really should submit at least ten articles to the directories.

3. Webmasters could add keywords to meta tags, alt image tags, header tags, and so on, and the search engines would rank the sites better. However, the search engines soon learned that such techniques could be gamed easily by webmasters. So, starting with Google, the search engines switched their focus to rewarding websites that had lots of inbound links from other websites. And today it remains true that the best way to improve search engine rankings is to get inbound links from related websites.

Another SEO tip is to build relevant and quality links for your website's PR and to get a good rank on search engine results pages.

These are pretty good SEO tips, but you might also want to credit the person who wrote it, or where you got the article from.

I wouldn't recommend anyone to to submit their your own website as a news story in the social networks. Even this has been done by many web hosts who claim to be reputable, this is very parasite technique. Digg and other social tools are out there to be used for reference and networking.

Having some articles published in so called article directories might help, but most people write useless content only to get some back-links. This does not work.

As far as for the well written mega tags I agree that they work.
    Host Color Colocation, Dedicated & Europe Dedicated Servers since 2000
    U.S. Data center 90 miles from Chicago
    Network ★ AS46873 Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net, Midwest Peering
    24/7 Support 1-574-367-2393; Skype: HostColor

Not sure how "these are pretty good SEO tips" ? Especially when item 3 is disregarded in the original posted:

"However, the search engines soon learned that such techniques could be gamed easily by webmasters. So, starting with Google, the search engines switched their focus to rewarding websites that had lots of inbound links from other websites."

As for the poster sayin not to submit your own URLs and stories to Digg - why on earth not? Digg is for reference and networking - yep, and so submitting your own URLs is a way of....networking.

I'm pretty sure, I saw a similar post like this on another forum, but thanks for sharing it anyway. =)

Thank you for sharing but I've seen other blog posts that state the same thing. Always helpful information; thanks for sharing!
    We develop brand identity for the web.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Services ~ Custom Web Design, Branding & Identity, Development, Hosting & more!
    Portfolio ~ Websites, User Interfaces, Widgets & more!

Try to post your site where site has good PR.

Thanks for your useful tips on SEO though it is faraway from systemic, IMO.
    Currently, I think the social bookmarking and twitter, facebook are all juicy sources for traffic you should try.
    Men, women and kids air jordan shoes,
    air jordan fusion shoes shop online.

Good information. I haven't implemented them all but I am in the process. Thanks for the tips.

Good Information. This can definitely help to boosting backlinks the site.
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting | Dedicated Servers
    KeserHosting.Com

Hi
    Thanks for you share.Welcome some thing like this great posts.

Neal Jasper.
    Astraxis - Offshore IT Outsourcing Services.
    Server Management | Web Design and Development
    Astraxis.com

Not sure why even the basic seo stuff was left out. Writing quality keyword rich content is the most important of all.

Those tips are nothing new. But anyway thanks for reminding them here again.

Quote Originally Posted by davidm23 View Post
    Hi friends,

found in another seems helpful, so thought to share it here..
    Thanks for sharing.
    I always say - different techniques got different effectiveness in different cases.

Thank you for sharing, this was useful for sure

I'm sure this has been posted many times in blogs and other webmaster forums but anyways thanks for sharing I'm sure the tips still have some value if done correctly.
    [OUR LOCATIONS] SINGAPORE. AUSTRALIA. JAPAN. INDIA. HONG KONG. USA. UK. NETHERLANDS
    MyCompanyWeb™: Start Your Own Professional Web Hosting Company in 24 Hours
    SkyNetHosting.Net - SEO Hosting. Reseller Hosting. Shared Hosting & VPS - 12 Years in Business!
    Dedicated IP + SSL + WHMCS + Domain Reseller + Master Reseller + 100% SSD + End User Support and More!

I would like to add number 4.

#4 Blog commenting and forum posting are one of the best ways to drive traffic to your blog/website.
    Easy Website Builder | Build Website Fast and Easy.
    Low Acid Coffee that has the bold flavor you love, but doesn’t give you heartburn or cause stomach problems.

Thank you guys, thank you for your responses.

Great tips. Thanks to the author, and the person who re-posted this again. Ta!

FYI - meta tags and meta keywords are obsolete now.

Thank you for sharing this tips. They are well detailed and explained.
    Easy Website Builder | Build Website Fast and Easy.
    Low Acid Coffee that has the bold flavor you love, but doesn’t give you heartburn or cause stomach problems.

Nice tips. Thanks for sharing this helpful tips with all.
    Support Facility | 24/7 web hosting technical support services
    Technical support | Server management | Data migration

Technical Articles

Generally good SEO stuff, except that Google no longer uses keyword meta tags.
    Infusing Markets LLC
    We are a digital interactive marketing agency
    Specializing in SEO | Web Design | Local Citations
    Bottom Line - We help businesses succeed!

Thank you very much dear friends

25. Newsletters

Subscribe Now & Get The WHT Quick Start Guide!