Dedicated server Order is from one country bank transfer another country?!

This is confusing! Can any body tell me why a client orders a dedicated server from Russia but then they inform us they have transferred the money from Hong Kong bank Telegraphic transfer, different person?
    We really do our best to be reasonable but what is the logic behind that?
    Internet Brothers Asia*SEOUL South Korea Since 1999
    http://www.internetbrothers.co.kr Business Registration 134-11-18207
    ▇ ASIA KOREA Web Hosting with English Support focusing on International clients in/out of Korea
    Cloud XEN VPS, VDS , Dedicated Servers physically located in South Korea Twitter @internetbros

There is a difference between transferring from Hong Kong or transferring from Hong Kong bank located in i.e. Russia.

Anyways with larger companies it happens also that payments come from their HQ and not form the branch ordering.

But nevertheless i would be careful and check the transaction before providing the services. (i.e. contact the account holder or let your bank do this).

That sounds like a fraudulent order, I suggest you not setup that server.
    Last edited by Mr Terrence; 11-02-2009 at 09:02 AM.

Sounds a bit fishy, what we do in these type of situations, we ask for extra verifications.

In such case I'd suggest you to call them and verify the account details properly and also ask them to provide the scanned copy of the passport and their association with the company/person who transferred the funds.
    WebHosting.UK.com - WHUK :: Leader in Web Hosting since 2001
    cPanel Hosting | Windows Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Hyper-V VPS | Cloud Hosting
    Dedicated Servers in UK by WHUK - Fully Managed UK dedicated servers with 24x7x365 Support.

they provided telephone numbers but refuse to give Identification
    ▇ ASIA KOREA Web Hosting with English Support focusing on International clients in/out of Korea
    Cloud XEN VPS, VDS , Dedicated Servers physically located in South Korea Twitter @internetbros

Don't proceed with the setup unless the verification part is completed.

A genuine client never refuses for verification. Keep it on hold.
    WebHosting.UK.com - WHUK :: Leader in Web Hosting since 2001
    cPanel Hosting | Windows Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Hyper-V VPS | Cloud Hosting
    Dedicated Servers in UK by WHUK - Fully Managed UK dedicated servers with 24x7x365 Support.

Quote Originally Posted by InternetBrothers View Post
    they provided telephone numbers but refuse to give Identification

If i were you i would cancel the order, too much risk.

we can't cancel the order they say they have already sent the money ( 3 months in advance) with telegraphic transfer and it is on the way.
    Last edited by InternetBrothers; 11-02-2009 at 02:06 PM.

It is common situation for Russian firms. Let me explain. Due to our local legislation Russian firm to make payment to foreign firm need to conclude contract with foreign company (written and signed. scanned copy or fax is okay). Then you need go to your bank and open account in foreign currency. Then you need register your new account in state tax department. Then you need get confirmation from your bank foreign currency control department. Only after all you can sent money to your partner in foreign country. And for each such operation you need go to one state agency then move to another and not all of them work all business week (usually they open only one or two day and for few hours for visitors) and all of this took long, very long time. Actually what is main problem in Russia for any businessman: too many law which is not clear and hard for realizing in real life. Add to list of problem also bureaucracy and corruption and you will get real situation for business in Russia.
    But our people is creative So, when state issue new law, people find new way to solve all problem which new law create As result, we have here lot of way to minimize expenses and bureaucracy and one of them is using foreign bank to make payments. Someone use HK bank, some other Cyprus and trust me person who own this bank accounts usually have nothing with real person who use your services. He is probably person who specializes in sending/receiving money from/to Russia person and firm.
    You can judge yourself is it rescue for you or not but from my experience it is about fifty-fifty. You may get good partner from Russia and you may get someone who will use your service for something illegal. Anyway i doubt that is fraud. You only need ask him for what purpose he need server in your country. He can resell your service or he can use it for own purpose (like private VPN). Usually, honest people give you honest answer.
    Rustelekom LLC Dedicated server since 2002, RIPE NCC member, LIR, AS51168

Thank you rustelekom . The is 100% understandable. It makes sense.
    If our dedicated server is not used for illegal activities we do not mind and we do our best to take care of our customers in any way we can and respect privacy. we do not disclose a client's information unless Government Authorites officially ask us to. when a customer starts a server with us or hosts in our server he has brought his home to us and we need to protect them but when it comes to illegal activity we can not tolerate this.
    Last edited by InternetBrothers; 11-02-2009 at 11:28 PM.