Exclamation Review: Maximum-Hosting.org - Horrific Experience

Hi everyone, this is my experience with Maximum-Hosting.org.

I went there for the low prices to startup my Shoutcast station. At $3 a month, it sounded too good to be true. I got my service, and the owner, seemed like a nice guy. He was very helpful, and was eager to help me get started. This was back in March. The first half of my stent there was great, however, in the last half, downtimes and even a data loss was getting on my nerves. I saw some really personal issues and arguments in the IRC server about the owner and staff, and even some back talk and really personal stuff that I wish I never had heard.

Because of the downtime, the owner did provide me with some free service and features. In these times, I was itching to leave, but the owner lured me back in with something better.

In this time, the service was 'okay', no real big complaints, I was even promoted to an IRCop, on the server.

Four things happened.

1) There was an incident in the chatroom with a regular joke we have done may times was taken really the wrong way. (I did not use my IRCop powers when this happened)
    2) After a long outage (last night from 'this' post date), I was the only human on the irc server. In order for me to ask the owner what happened, I silenced a eggdrop bot by banning it from the main room. This was so I can get a new message notification when a real person enters the room. The bot posted every 2min, and it was at 2am in the morning.
    3) I actually found a pretty big security hole in the control panel, the owner thanked me yesterday, and was furious the next.
    4) because of the top three things, the owner basically got extremely mad and took away my IRCops.

Those 4 things basically were the last pieces of trash I could take. Yes, I forgot to unban the bot I mentioned in #2, but is that a good reason to get me out? Tonight, after a somewhat heated discussion with the owner, my account was instantly closed, all http/ftp pipes closed. I am very lucky I saw the owner start to fall into this cycle he seems to do, I had a full backup of the space I had.

In a nut shell, I would highly advise people NOT to use Maximum-Hosting. If you want low prices, frequent downtime, and the possibility your data could be gone in an instant, this is the host for you!

I can only hope no one else falls into the nightmare I have had to put up with for cheap hosting.

--Daniel

Hello Daniel. It is sad to here about your experience. But life is go on. So try to find new host. And keep in mind your past experience.
    Actually you need to understand you get what you pay for
    Read about overselling as well

I can only hope no one else falls into the nightmare I have had to put up with for cheap hosting.
    I suppose you got what you paid for in the sense of Service

In a nut shell, I would highly advise people NOT to use Maximum-Hosting. If you want low prices, frequent downtime, and the possibility your data could be gone in an instant, this is the host for you!
    No one wants this, I can sympathise with you, Though for a cheap IRCD Server I am not sure what you were going to expect.
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) Shared Reseller Cloud VPS Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com Customer Service Rep. Superior Service Guarantee

Definitely not professional; though as others mentioned the prices for those services are extremely cheap so it’s wise to be cautious.
    bihira.com | 10+ Years of Web Hosting Experience!
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    cPanel | CloudLinux | R1Soft | Softaculous
    Find us on facebook and follow us on twitter @bihira

Thanks for the replies everyone, yeah, I had a general ideal about the price/service thing going into it, I just had no idea it could go that far south.

In any case, I have a new VPS with RapidXen .net. I got a good review/recommendation from one or two of their customers, so Ill be trying that out. Just big enough to host an IRCd, and a few little tasks.

--Daniel L

Hopefully you have found a hosting solution that made you happy. It's always bad to see these types of reviews, but maybe it's just one of those learning curves you had to get around.

Would be good if the company chimed in with their side of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by everythingdaniel View Post
    In any case, I have a new VPS with RapidXen .net. I got a good review/recommendation from one or two of their customers, so Ill be trying that out. Just big enough to host an IRCd, and a few little tasks.
    --Daniel L
    I have not heard about them here before. So a review on them will be really helpful. Give us a review after a couple of months. Best of luck with your new host.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience, though I wish that won't happen with your new host. =) Do update us with your experience with them.