Need Windows management

Need windows management for an unmanaged dedicated server. I get a lot of application fault error messages related to Apache, MySQL, and PHP. It hangs up my web server and I'm tired of paying for a server that's way more than we need but has to be babysat 24/7 to make sure that it's working. I just want to pay for way more than we need and rest assured that it's working well and serving my vBulletin forum quickly and efficiently.

So, that said - I need a Windows management company or individual that I can rely on. Need 24/7 monitoring to ensure the services are working - if my website goes down, I want to rest assured that the management company will have some sort of service that notices the website is unavailable/not loading and remotes in to take care of it within an hour. 90% of the time, all I have to do is remote in, restart the WAMP services, and then everything works again.

Ideally, it'd be great if the company could just fix what's causing these stupid hang ups and then they can continue collecting their monthly pay for a server that's working perfectly fine.

Also would be nice to have someone that's familiar with vBulletin hosting to maximize MySQL's performance. The site loads decently fast, but it's running on the basic conf files and I'm sure it can be tweaked to serve even faster.

Please let me know if anyone can meet my needs.
    Windows 2008 R2 SP1 x64
    Core2Quad Q9650; 8GB ddr2

I am a systems administrator with years of experience in the web hosting/datacenter environment. My services can definitely meet your needs.

I have a monitoring system standing by that will not only monitor for service interruptions but would also enable me to do trending to help alert me of issues so I can stop them before they happen.

In the event of an urgent (service down) alert my monitoring system will not only email me but will phone me as well.

I would very much appreciate a chance to discuss this with you further. You can email me at mezzanottej at gmail.com

Thanks,

--Joel

Why are you using Windows to host vB?
    Charles W. @ Nexeon Technologies, Inc. - Have a question? PM or email me directly! - c[@]nexeon.com
    Dedicated servers, colocation, cloud, game servers, on-site & remote DDoS protection, and more! Managed options available.
    Data Centers in Chicago, New York, & more! IPv4 and IPv6 available! Contact us for data center buildout & network consultation.
    InstantDedis.com - Instantly delivered dedicated servers located in Chicago, New York, and Dallas.

In addition to moving this to Linux, it seems a VPS would be more cost effective than a dedicated server.

It's a matter of choosing your poison. Either be hacked every other week on Linux (after other companies hardened and secured the server) or have application errors with Windows. I'm more familiar with Windows OS, windows programs, etc and I love having the ability to RDP into the server. Having the windows server (and RDP capability) allows me to stop using crappy software like CPanel that lets hackers into the server.
    Windows 2008 R2 SP1 x64

Quote Originally Posted by mifbody View Post
    It's a matter of choosing your poison. Either be hacked every other week on Linux (after other companies hardened and secured the server) or have application errors with Windows. I'm more familiar with Windows OS, windows programs, etc and I love having the ability to RDP into the server. Having the windows server (and RDP capability) allows me to stop using crappy software like CPanel that lets hackers into the server.
    Windows is just as prone to hacking, and only insecure servers can get hacked. If you don't know how to get someone to setup a Linux server, then it's understandable.
    Charles W. @ Nexeon Technologies, Inc. - Have a question? PM or email me directly! - c[@]nexeon.com
    Dedicated servers, colocation, cloud, game servers, on-site & remote DDoS protection, and more! Managed options available.
    Data Centers in Chicago, New York, & more! IPv4 and IPv6 available! Contact us for data center buildout & network consultation.
    InstantDedis.com - Instantly delivered dedicated servers located in Chicago, New York, and Dallas.

I had paid for PlatinumServerManagement to harden and secure my server and it still got hacked repeatedly. I have the same main applications (vBulletin, WordPress) on the current Windows server and I haven't had any issues with it being hacked. The only difference is OS and the Linux server had CPanel. Don't get me wrong - I understand Windows is vulnerable, I'm not like the Apple fan boys who think their OS is completely impenetrable, but thus far *knock on wood* no issues with my Windows server's security. I attribute the vulnerability of my Linux servers to CPanel.
    Windows 2008 R2 SP1 x64

I had paid for PlatinumServerManagement to harden and secure my server and it still got hacked repeatedly.
    Regardless of what OS you have, 99% of hacks come from either outdated system software and/or vulnerable user scripts.
    We advise our customers to request this to be checked monthly. If these are not checked regularly, then the chances of being hacked are greatly increased.

I checked over your account when you had your linux server and found that you only requested "1" security check in 7 months. This is not enough and left you open much more to vulnerabilities.

I have the same main applications (vBulletin, WordPress) on the current Windows server and I haven't had any issues with it being hacked. The only difference is OS and the Linux server had CPanel. .... I attribute the vulnerability of my Linux servers to CPanel.
    The hacking is not related to cpanel. Keep in mind, all backend programs on windows are different than with linux/cpanel. You probably have a different web server software, different firewall, etc. Those are the differences that can be attributed to this.

Whomever you choose for your windows management, make sure the server is checked regularly (at least once per month).
    PlatinumServerManagement (also known as PSM)
    The OLDEST and LARGEST and MOST TRUSTED server management provider in the USA, with 15+ employees and growing!
    Providing quality support for OVER 18 years! Currently supporting over 3,000+ servers monthly!

www.PlatinumServerManagement.com Proud member of the NJ BBB & Chamber of Commerce & Authorized cPanel Partner.

FWIW - Don't get me wrong on the name drop. I do not hold PSM as the problem with the server. PSM was great to have while I had a linux machine and if they/you guys supported Windows I would go back to PSM without any doubts - can't beat the prices and the services. I kept vBulletin up to date, CPanel automatically updated as the updates became available, etc etc. I didn't think hardening the server multiple times would be necessary but hey live and learn I guess.

Either way - I didn't create the thread to be a debate about Linux vs Windows, just sharing my experience and I'm happy being on Windows. Just need to get a few issues worked out with the application errors.
    Windows 2008 R2 SP1 x64