Hybrid View

Wordpress Issues after migrating to Knownhost VPS

Hi Finally after lots of research I migrated to Knownhost from shared hosting. So Far I'm enjoying the performance there but migration of Wordpress blog come out to be a nightmare.
    Knownhost provide free migration until unless cpanel matches and I was using dreamhost who are using custom panel and from here the whole fiasco started.
    I had to do the migration myself and everything went fine.. but few problem which started here as I was not aware of the permission.
    I installed Cpanel from the WHM and done the migration..

I'm facing few little problem and I will appreciate if someone can give me a helping hand here with this problems and tips.

1. Wordpress pLugin Installtion : I can't install plugin directly from my wordpress dashbaord. It's asking for host information (FTP), but I would like to be like what i had it in previous host. I know issue is with the permission but I don't know how to resolve it. If you can give your 2 cents here and keep in mind I'm a newbie with server stuff so proper steps will be much appreciated, or I have to open a support ticket to Knownhost, what should I ask them to do.
    This is what I can see here "To perform the requested action, connection information is required."

2. WHM optimization : From my understanding any system when installed is a raw system, either be a computer, server or wordpress and we have to optimize it. So What do I need to do to optimize the performance of my server (WHM) and hardening the security.

3. Cpanel Security and Optimization : I have create a cpanel and Same questions for cpanel, anything I need to do to optimize the cpanel in terms of security and performance.

I will appreciate any information here as it will be helpful for me and I'm sure for other newbies like me.

regards
    Harsh
    Last edited by denharsh; 11-01-2009 at 01:17 PM. Reason: proof reading

Your asking a prety wide range of questions. I would suggest going over to cpanel.net and looking through their forums in search. There are several newbie tutorials and suggestions there.

Quote Originally Posted by RescueHst View Post
    Your asking a prety wide range of questions. I would suggest going over to cpanel.net and looking through their forums in search. There are several newbie tutorials and suggestions there.
    Thanks for your response .. Though I have find the answer of most of the problem here....
    cpanel.net is a great resource for newbies..been spending hours there daily...

denharsh,

Did you have find the answer to #1 on your questions? Been googling for days and no idea how to solve the issue lol.

Quote Originally Posted by damainman View Post
    denharsh,

Did you have find the answer to #1 on your questions? Been googling for days and no idea how to solve the issue lol.
    yes you need to install Suphp script on your hosting and that will take care of it.
    Harsh

#1 is because of permissions ..... I have a blog post that explains how to fix
    http://www.bogdanmatu.com/?p=98
    - Premium custom hosting! Contact me for more details!

You do realize that KnownHost has an excellent support staff that will help you with your issues?

I had ownership problems after migrating WordPress, and asked support if there was an easy way to do it all at once. Their reply? It's all done.

Believe me, KnownHost support is best, and you need to remember they're there to help. It's why we pay the premium price. And it's well worth it.
    Sue

A generation which ignores history has no past — and no future. --Lazarus Long

I have suphp installed but still unable to get this to work properly. However I don't want to highjack this thread so I made a new post:
    - http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...66#post6498166

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.