Problem with Plesk Panel

hi friends,

we bought the domain and hosting from bookdomains ( they are a small company ). Provided Plesk panel. The problem is there is no URL redirection (301). Now the traffic is splitted to http: and http:www domain names. What to do now. We have tried creating .htaccess but still not working. It's reported that another site who have purchased hosting from them experienced wordpress permalink problem. I don't understant fully though.

What is actually wrong. Its not apache I think , IIS. But am not that much familiar to these technical issues. Please do help me.

Thanks.
    david
    << signatures are to be set up via profiles only >>
    Last edited by writespeak; 03-03-2010 at 12:54 AM.

What version of Plesk are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedXL View Post
    What version of Plesk are you using?
    Thanks for replying. I am using Parallels Plesk Panel 9.2

If you purchased hosting with Plesk for Windows - your domains will be in IIS exactly. There is no functionality to make them on Apache in such configuration.

Could you please clarify - what exactly do you need? To make an alias/subdomain for a domain or something else? Or you need to perform a traffic calculation? And how your domains are configured - with or without www prefix?

If "with" - you can try to clear respective checkbox in Plesk and make changes in DNS - to forward all requests to same IP.

Quote Originally Posted by davidm23 View Post
    hi friends,

we bought the domain and hosting from bookdomains ( they are a small company ). Provided Plesk panel. The problem is there is no URL redirection (301). Now the traffic is splitted to http: and http:www domain names. What to do now. We have tried creating .htaccess but still not working. It's reported that another site who have purchased hosting from them experienced wordpress permalink problem. I don't understant fully though.

What is actually wrong. Its not apache I think , IIS. But am not that much familiar to these technical issues. Please do help me.
    If your website is hosted in IIS then you can not use same Apache rewrite rule to redirect your domain to www. If you will need to ask your host if they have installed any rewrite software on the server or not. Additionally, you can set preferred domain (with or without www) from Google webmaster tools.

Kailash
    || Web Hosting Blog - Web Hosting security & latest web hosting industry Announcements
    || Web Hosting Discussion - A Web Hosting community

Quote Originally Posted by Kailash12 View Post
    If your website is hosted in IIS then you can not use same Apache rewrite rule to redirect your domain to www. If you will need to ask your host if they have installed any rewrite software on the server or not. Additionally, you can set preferred domain (with or without www) from Google webmaster tools.

Kailash
    You said it man. Because linux panels ( which am on now ) are pretty simple. OOOooops I am just fed up with this. They don't have any mod rewrite option.. Just left it. what else i can do. I have paid already..