* Change default sender address using php mail() / sendmail?

I'm wondering if anyone else has experience with this, or if it's something easy that I'm overlooking.

I am on a VPS service (CentOS Linux) and I want my php mail function emails to send from a specified address. I've already manipulated the headers, so the emails do appear to come from the specified addres, but on mobile devices it comes up as [email protected] format. I would like this to read something like [email protected]

Does anyone know which configuration files can change this default address?

Not sure but I think some mobile devices might look at headers or something to see some various crap (MMS/SMS gateway type stuff) - I don't see why it shouldn't work if the To field is properly set in normal desktop clients

I know I'm being picky about the way emails are showing up, but it seems like I should be able to change the default 'nothing' email address to whatever I choose. What makes the mail software decide to use what it uses?

You can set additional options in your php.ini for sendmail. Or in .htaccess if you use php as module:

php_admin_value sendmail_path '/usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i -f [email protected]'
    but you need disable safe_mode to use -f option.
    Rustelekom LLC Dedicated server since 2002, RIPE NCC member, LIR, AS51168

GPLHost:>_ open source hosting worldwide (I'm founder, CEO & official Debian Developer)
    Servers & our leading control panel and our Xen VPS hosting, which are already included in Debian and Ubuntu
    Available in: Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Sydney, Seattle, Atlanta, Paris, London, Barcelona, Zurich, Israel

Thanks for your help guys, I've made those modifications but for some reason it hasn't done the trick. The server is still using its ugly default address. I think I will just live with it!