virpus.com - long time vps activation

Hi

I ordered and pay the vps virpus.com 29.10, today I have not yet active.
    Sales is not responsible for ticket.
    Does anyone of you is there a server? How many waited to activate?

I thought that I had a server in 12h, so far all my pages are not online
    Last edited by kriss83; 10-31-2009 at 11:51 AM.

Hi there,

Most providers don't have a weekend Sales team. Unless a Virpus rep pops up here, your VPS won't likely be ready until Monday at the earliest. So plan accordingly.

Regards
    Joe
    UNIXy - Fully Managed Servers and Clusters - Established in 2006
    [ cPanel Varnish Nginx Plugin ] - Enhance LiteSpeed and Apache Performance
    www.unixy.net - Los Angeles | Houston | Atlanta | Rotterdam
    Love to help pro bono (time permitting). joe > unixy.net

try to call them @ 1-877-4-virpus.
    12 hours categorized as long activation time.
    ControlVM.com :: Cloud Hosting Reliable Xen VPS :: Serving Customer From More Than 40 Countries.
    Hosting Services Available in the USA ● Germany ● Malaysia ● Singapore and Hong Kong

Quote Originally Posted by jeff-ay View Post
    try to call them @ 1-877-4-virpus.
    12 hours categorized as long activation time.
    I would say anything over 24 hours can be considered an extended activation time... Most providers have their sales department provision the VPS, so if it was ordered at ~10PM that evening, sales does not open until 8, that gives them 2 hours, but they may need to await a license to be activated by DirectAdmin or cPanel so that can lengthen the time.

12-hours is a bit short, but 24 is more reasonable in a lot of cases.

@OP -- Try giving them a call, I am sure they will get your sorted.

Chances are you were rated a fraud possibility. You would be much better to call them directly. If you can not afford a land line call to them consider a skype phone call.

Quote Originally Posted by SC-Daniel View Post
    ... but they may need to await a license to be activated by DirectAdmin or cPanel so that can lengthen the time.

12-hours is a bit short, but 24 is more reasonable in a lot of cases.
    now a day the activation of control panel also instant. for example cpanel vps, you can immediately activate right after payment clear.
    ControlVM.com :: Cloud Hosting Reliable Xen VPS :: Serving Customer From More Than 40 Countries.
    Hosting Services Available in the USA ● Germany ● Malaysia ● Singapore and Hong Kong

Quote Originally Posted by jeff-ay View Post
    now a day the activation of control panel also instant. for example cpanel vps, you can immediately activate right after payment clear.
    But that is not so for most with DirectAdmin We have the pleasure of having instant activation with DA due to our volume of licenses, but not everyone is that fortunate. Also, if a provider receives their licenses from the datacenter and not an external supplier like cPanelDirect or are a direct cPanel partner then instant activation may not be available.

I still firmly believe that 24 hours is a reasonable time frame for a VPS setup.

Perhaps, i would treat the vps activation solely on the VPS setup in stead of the activation of control panel. At least clients can access to their box to start with.

their sales only work from monday to friday

I am with them...

No comment about support, My server keeps going down but they do nothing about it. not happy.

Dan
    Streama - Your WordPress Friend
    http://www.streama.co.uk

I signed up with Virpus fairly recently. My setup took a bit longer, in my case it was because I did not provide a proper hostname, as I did not want to associate one with the account. However, it seems to be a requirement to have one for the sign-up to be activated, and the department that handled this was sales, not support, so if anything like that happens, your setup will definitely be slower.