Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by pwrdwnsys View Post
    I'm reporting the TOS fraud to the forum mods now.
    Learn to read your own topic. They stated right in here that they have added (effective Nov 1) management terms.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by redmeds View Post
    I don't care about their TOS. All providers having something in their TOS that you can take issue with. They are not a saint like host to me. Don't use them, never have and probably never will.

Of course, you have every right to request a refund, but I am also of the mindset, that if you are going with a budget VPS plan, you may run into an instance or two... and maybe a little more working with each other is in the best interest, rather than demanding a refund and then running to WHT to post your aweful experience. Of course, I don't believe they should come here saying your post is out of line either.

Did you come to WHT to complain, or offer something constructive? Stay a while... you might pick up a trick or two.
    Maybe, and definitely not the tricks from your friend Devon.
    Reread, what he was hiding behind to refuse the refund initially. "not a vilid refund". The "Management Terms", were not on any of their websites.
    He added them when asked to show them.
    Last edited by pwrdwnsys; 10-31-2009 at 03:21 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by dest581 View Post
    Learn to read your own topic. They stated right in here that they have added (effective Nov 1) management terms.
    Yesterday these managemnt terms were not in there, and I asked for a refund on the 30th October.
    So adding them and keep using them as the reason to evaluate the refund is not right.

Besides, tomorrow is November 1st. How can he be evaluating a refund request based on something still to take effect ?
    How can I have read the Managemnet Terms if they were not there ?
    Last edited by pwrdwnsys; 10-31-2009 at 03:21 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

I purchased a Developer server which is self-managed.
    So I do not see where their management terms would fit in.

Let him show us where prospective customers should read those management terms.
    They do not exist, so he is always right that no one can read it.

Besides look what it says on their Developer VPS detail page :
    ( http://www.virtuallydedicated.com/developer.html )
    Performance Enhanced : We aren't rookies at VPS hosting. Our servers come with RAID striping, fully optimized kernels, and mutli-core processing to gain performance over the average host. Along with our servers being optimized, our management include optimizing the software inside of your VPS
    I ignored it, because that is normally not applicable to self-managed.
    But it is used against me, look in the OP.

Here is his $8/mo lie :
    http://i35.tinypic.com/168z7es.png
    Hi Devon/We,

While you are changing and adding to your website, look at post #5 in this thread. Don't forget to remove the second part of the red coloured line quoted from your website.
    Last edited by pwrdwnsys; 10-31-2009 at 03:34 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Maybe, and definitely not the tricks from your friend Devon.
    Reread, what he was hiding behind to refuse the refund the "Management Terms", were not on any of their websites.
    He asdded them when asked to show them.
    First of all, I don't know anyone by the name of Devon, so you can stop with trying to connect dots that are not there.

I think this is half of your problem. In your mind, you are so right! that all rational thinking is ignored.

Again, for the last time, as I stated! you probably brought up an issue that required a change in their TOS.

Rather than bitch about it and hold them to the fire, why don't you try seeing if you guys can work something out.

Really! one day... and you are here whining. I am serious about this.... did you try to work something out with them? I don't understand why people can't grasp a simple concept. If you find something wrong, and ask them what they might be able to do for you, and turning a $20.00 investment into an additional free month or two for bringing something to their attention.... people choose to act irrationally and join a popular forum and demand immediate resolution.

If you give someone a break! you might find they turn out to be your best friend. Complaining should always be a last result in a forum. 1 day is not a last resort.

Are you here to complain or offer something constructive? You have not answered that question.... cause I don't see where you have ever posted anything constructive.
    Mike
      0 Not allowed!

First of all, I don't know anyone by the name of Devon, so you can stop with trying to connect dots that are not there.

I think this is half of your problem. In your mind, you are so right! that all rational thinking is ignored.

Again, for the last time, as I stated! you probably brought up an issue that required a change in their TOS.

Rather than bitch about it and hold them to the fire, why don't you try seeing if you guys can work something out.

Really! one day... and you are here whining. I am serious about this.... did you try to work something out with them? I don't understand why people can't grasp a simple concept. If you find something wrong, and ask them what they might be able to do for you, and turning a $20.00 investment into an additional free month or two for bringing something to their attention.... people choose to act irrationally and join a popular forum and demand immediate resolution.

If you give someone a break! you might find they turn out to be your best friend. Complaining should always be a last result in a forum. 1 day is not a last resort.

Are you here to complain or offer something constructive? You have not answered that question.... cause I don't see where you have ever posted anything constructive.
    This is their whole Service Level Agreement :
    Service Level Agreement

7-Day Money Back Guarantee VirtuallyDedicated offers a 7 day money back guarantee on our virtual servers. This does not include any added services such as control panel licenses and does not qualify if our management terms were not read.

24-Hour Support Resolution VirtuallyDedicated offers a support resolution guarantee of 24-hours. This means that we will credit you for any time taken over 24 hours to resolve a supported problem or an issue caused by us.

Quote Originally Posted by devonblzx View Post
    I have been talking with this customer and we haven't refused the refund yet we were just discussing why the problems happened. I did state the refund didn't qualify because the whole reasoning for the refund was due to you wanting us to fix something software that was caused in the server. Therefore our description of a customer not reading the management terms would apply. Self-managed is a type of management in our eyes, there is always management when it comes to a server whether it be by you or us.

We have no more reason to discuss this publicly. All we know if that you are claiming the same OS template (Ubuntu 8.04) that is used on other customers servers and found on OpenVZ is flawed because something you had done corrupted the networking.

We asked you to rebuild because the problem could not be fixed easily, I do not think this was too much to ask and the fact that the server was working fine when it was delivered shows that it was nothing we had done.
    He is using the non-existent "Management Terms" to refuse and evaluate the refund at the same time.
    Try to work something out with a person like that.

Besides adding terms to your TOS on the spot, without notifying your other customers is so unprofessional.

Enough said.
      0 Not allowed!

This is their whole Service Level Agreement :

He is using the non-existent "Management Terms" to refuse and evaluate the refund at the same time.

Besides adding terms to your TOS on the spot, without notifying your other customers is so unprofessional.

Enough said.
    You can't say "enough said". You opened this thread, you are going to have to deal with the responses.

I will ask you again, what efforts did you make (within a day) to try and work something out?

You can cut and paste all you want. I am not going to sit here and disagree with what you see, or how you or anyone else perceive it.

The problem I have with your post, is that I don't see where you tried to work anything out with them. You immediately demanded a refund (well within your right), but I don't get the immediate reaction to come to WHT and post.

You are dealing with people who are just trying to make a living like yourself. While they may have researched all the possible scenarios of offerings and TOS, they may have a gap or two.

You have made quite clear your point, and it appears they have changed their TOS because of your issue.

I don't get some you at times.

Why not become part of the community before you start shouting?

Constructive criticism gets you a long way in the world.

You keep saying TOS... I keep saying, why not try a different approach. The different approach for the most part works. If it does not, then by all means... express that you are not satisfied.

I am not against you, and I am not for them. I just get tired of reading these threads.

We ought to be working with one another to make things better, instead of taking immediate stances.
    Mike
      0 Not allowed!

I think this thread is getting out of hand. I will be glad to talk about this more with you on Monday regarding your server and refund. I don't think there was any reason to make this public after one day but apparently you did.

As stated before, those TOS are effective November 1st. Meaning they do not apply to you. I said we are reasonable people and just like to be treated with respect when dealing with people. We did not cause any problems on your server and since your second email you "threatened consequences". I do understand it can be frustrating but your ordering a virtual server that does not include any support from us. As I said, I can speak more with you on Monday. Saturday is not a day I like to handle non-emergency billing issues.

Thank you.

0 Not allowed!

Enough said to this coming from you, and quoted by me :
    Originally Posted by redmeds
    ..... I think this is half of your problem. In your mind, you are so right! that all rational thinking is ignored.

This was part of my reply :

Enough said.
    He is covering up his mistakes while posting here, and by doing that betraying his other customers. Not very promising to "work something out".
    Builds trust, and a nice basis for the future.
    He was also from the start doing as if his screwed up provisioning was not that bad. But I don't here Devon/We of virtuallydedicated.com amd rockmyweb.net about HIS screw ups.
    Which He tries to fic by forcing a rebuild.
    Things went wrong from the start, and I even told him not to rush provisioning, and do it right.
    I can post a screenshot of those email messages. So he shouldn't say that he delivered a working VPS. It was clunky from the start.

Here is the problem, everything is about wording, and while you do your best to words things correctly, people perceive it a different way. I would assume that 99.9% of your customers understand your wording, but there is always that .1% that will dissect your wording.

For example: You say, you never refused the refund (which is probably correct), but you say (it was just under review), which means you have already made a decision, or did you mean to say (it is under review).

Unfortunately, the reality is that anyone at anytime can start a thread whether you believe it is out of line. You either ignore it with being confident in your business model, or you just take care of it and issue a refund. I would not be worried about what people said on WHT if my business did not come from WHT, but if many of your customers came from WHT, then you know how it works... and if you are in the right... just ignore it. If you think it may cause harm... then just refund and be done with it. Nothing good comes from multiple page... he said... they said.

On another note, to me the OP is not one that I would want coming to any form of hosting that I might have. He can keep his money in his pocket. We are all not perfect whether personally or professionally, and of course he is trying to attack verbage rather than having a little patience to let things work out. But hey! the world is full of those.

I have never understood... why people without mission critical information are so critical of budget VPS services, and have a 1 day turn around expectation. What was so important that he needed a perfect VPS within a day? I would have come to you guys and said hey! Since we have had an issue or two, do you mind crediting me a little time, and then if you said something that was not pleasing to me... I would dump ya!

Oh well! This is why I offer free hosting to friends.... and even they want to bitch!
    Why would I discuss this any further with you ?
    Go discuss it with your friend Devon.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by devonblzx View Post
    I think this thread is getting out of hand. I will be glad to talk about this more with you on Monday regarding your server and refund. I don't think there was any reason to make this public after one day but apparently you did.

As stated before, those TOS are effective November 1st. Meaning they do not apply to you. I said we are reasonable people and just like to be treated with respect when dealing with people. We did not cause any problems on your server and since your second email you "threatened consequences". I do understand it can be frustrating but your ordering a virtual server that does not include any support from us. As I said, I can speak more with you on Monday. Saturday is not a day I like to handle non-emergency billing issues.

Thank you.
    It's not for you to determine whether this thread has gotten out of hand.
    You opened a thread here one day earlier than I did, and lyed in it. You are so busy trying to turn things into your favour.
    At least I first asked for advice at the WHT Helpdesk how to proceed. I did not ask if I was allowed to open a thread here. I did not even mention that in my request for advice.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=901233?

Also check the quoted red coloured lines in post #31.
    Shows something different than
    As stated before, those TOS are effective November 1st. Meaning they do not apply to you.
    If they do not apply to me, than what are you still evaluating ?
    You are just stalling.
    I asked you for a refund yesterday. A day and a half has passed, with you twisting, turning and trying to lie your way out of a refund.

Here the problems from the start right after account provisioning :
    http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/7...hestart311.png

I did not get upset about these things. Instead, I even offered you to take your time and do the provisioning right.
    Only to avoid problems further down the road.

And you keep going on about respect while you keep lying about me, and lying to me. That does mean that you don't have any respect for me.

I'm not discussing anything further with you.
    I expect a FULL refund as requested.

Honour it or face the consequences.
    Last edited by pwrdwnsys; 10-31-2009 at 05:22 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Okay, this thread is getting beyond a joke.

OP - Would you settle for a refund on Monday?

Provider - Will you guarantee a refund on Monday?
    UK Based Hosting Company
    HWS Hosting

http://www.hwshosting.net
    We aim to please, open a ticket at sales@hwshosting.net
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by hertzwebsolutions View Post
    Okay, this thread is getting beyond a joke.

OP - Would you settle for a refund on Monday?

Provider - Will you guarantee a refund on Monday?
    With Devon being Krusty the clown.

I'm filing an IC3 complaint right at the moment.
    Like I said, I'm not intrested in further discusiions and negotiations. I'm not going to beg for a refund.
      0 Not allowed!

With Devon being Krusty the clown.

I'm filing an IC3 complaint right at the moment.
    Like I said, I'm not intrested in further discusiions and negotiations. I'm not going to beg for a refund.
    There's really no need to be unreasonable and blow this out of proportion, if you can get your money back which (I believe) you are entitled to.

The provider has made noises that they will look into this on Monday, just see what happens.
    UK Based Hosting Company
    HWS Hosting

http://www.hwshosting.net
    We aim to please, open a ticket at sales@hwshosting.net
      0 Not allowed!

Honour it or face the consequences.
    What consequences? Oh! yeah... the one where if I don't get a refund I am going to post bad thoughts on WHT! Other than that my brother, that is all you have as a threat of consequences.

You already played your stupid card!

Have fun.... like I said earlier, stick around... you might learn something.
    Mike
      0 Not allowed!

'Devon' - Sometimes saying "Nothing At All" is the best thing you could have said.

Give the pest his money back and stay out of the headlines.

There are complainers everywhere in this forum and most are ignored as childish OP's
    BigXor
    www.bigxor.com- Exclusive Private Website Hosting.
      0 Not allowed!

Just a last note from VirtuallyDedicated, I have pushed through the refund for this customer. As was stated before, this client only waited 1 day (requested refund on Friday, wrote this post on Saturday) before coming to write this thread.

We are reasonable people and like to work with people, we just expect to be to be able to talk reasonably to find out the reason why our services did not work for someone so we can better improve the situation. As we were discussing with this client on Friday, we were just trying to find the reason behind the problem with the Ubuntu operating system and see if we could make things right.

The refund was given, this should be the end of the thread.

0 Not allowed!

I agree. This thread has run it's course.

That was quite a rollercoaster ride and meandered way off course.
    CloudNexus Technology Services
    Managed Services
      0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12