Is anyone selling pre packaged VPS servers....

by that I mean instant VPS business of selling VPS servers? Like a nice quad or dual quad core, RAID 10, 24Gb RAM, Virtuozzo installed, Cpanel licenses, WHMCS licenses, R1soft, etc?

Is so, whom?

If not, why not?
    CapeWP.com
    CapeWP.com - WordPress for all of us

It can be done, but not very popular since not everyone wants Virtuozzo and not everyone wants R1soft, or needs a WHMCS license, since they might already have one.
    478east
    High Bandwidth Servers
    Custom Hosting Solutions

Yes but not with Virtuozzo, as its not a real virtualization platform but just a chrooted OS jail. You will find this with Xen or VmWare.

Hmmm, OK, maybe not with all the options mentioned, but XEN then. Or maybe just Virtuozzo, as many hosts seem to like it, and it can host Windows as well.

I just figure with all the good sales of VPS, that someone would benefit by selling pre-setup dedicated servers.
    CapeWP.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cape Dave View Post
    Hmmm, OK, maybe not with all the options mentioned, but XEN then. Or maybe just Virtuozzo, as many hosts seem to like it, and it can host Windows as well.

I just figure with all the good sales of VPS, that someone would benefit by selling pre-setup dedicated servers.
    A while back A2B2.com was offering fully managed servers ready to go for vps hosting. Might want to email them?
    GetCloudHosting.com - Looking for HOT deals on cloud hosting services? We post 5 of the hottest deals every day! -> Click Here <-

It could be done but would take alot of time and peoples needs are too different.
    We have loads of servers and not a single one of them is setup in the same was as another.
    So its not the kind of thing you can "grab out of the box"... I wish that it was!
    - Buying up websites, side-projects and companies - PM Me! -

I see. I am still trying to come up with the next big idea to make some $$$ Trouble is, I am more Ralph Kramden than Donald Trump
    CapeWP.com

Quote Originally Posted by PYDOT View Post
    Yes but not with Virtuozzo, as its not a real virtualization platform but just a chrooted OS jail. You will find this with Xen or VmWare.
    Virtuozzo is still a virtualization platform is just isn't paravirtualization. It actually has proven faster and runs with less overhead than Xen so for those who don't need things such as a custom kernel, a Virtuozzo VPS will work fine.

;-) isn't everyone trying to come up with that big idea
    - Buying up websites, side-projects and companies - PM Me! -

Quote Originally Posted by devonblzx View Post
    Virtuozzo is still a virtualization platform is just isn't paravirtualization. It actually has proven faster and runs with less overhead than Xen so for those who don't need things such as a custom kernel, a Virtuozzo VPS will work fine.
    Thats because it shares process of the OS between users. Its only faster on really small environment (and not to much), like hosting, its gets slow like hell for massive CPU or RAM intensive tasks (Does Java sound as it doesn't have any swap...).

The trade offs for this are:
    Virtuozzo, fast only for small environments.
    Not as as secure as Xen or VmWare (its possible to break the jail)
    Doesn't run some software that needs to change kernel
    Cant modify the kernel or OS at all.
    Cant run well on big environments.
    One VM can crash the others and even the whole server
    Will never be integrated into chips, Intel is planning to do already with Xen...

This is the reason why you don't see Virtuozzo/OpenVZ on Enterprise systems but you do with Xen or VmWare. Not to mention Amazon and Google uses Xen.

Stability is the weakest Virtuozzo point. I saw so many Virtuozzo server crashes because of of 1 single VM. Thats basically just like a more advanced shared hosting with root access.
    Im sorry but most people do agree that Virtuozzo is mostly run in hosting only just because of that reason and because its cheaper to do so as you can share RAM and most stuff between VMs and with Xen or VmWare each environment acts and looks just like a normal server.
    By the way, on the virtualization world nobody takes Virtuozzo as a virtualization environment. It is, but its not a true bare metal virtualization system.
    Thats said its a great solution for hosting. As its what shared should had being in the first place. Its perfect for hosting and people that outgrow their shared plans. Its cheap, its lets you run as root, it lets you install things, it lets the admin patches all the accounts and it isolated accounts regarding hacked websites or abusing scripts.
    Last edited by PYDOT; 10-31-2009 at 02:06 PM.

Thanks! I appreciate the support. Will keep on searching for what makes me money in my sleep. I know HOSTING can do that, although then the issue becomes to make ENOUGH money while I sleep
    CapeWP.com