Westnic Reseller Account Review Just under 2 month review

I recently moved hosting to Westnic around the 7th september to give a reseller account another go and see if I could do without the extra access you get on a VPS or Dedicated Server and save some money.

I researched and went for Westnic, the company had a UK phone number. All I really wanted was the hosting and the price seemed cheap but compared to other hosts more realistic.
    I went for the package RS-2 after I couldn't find anything bad with them and was tempted by the gig internet connection. I logged several tickets, dns and name servers were setup really quickly. I needed to have transferred quite a few sites (Including two large sites around 4-6gb) and all the small sites were transferred quickly. Westnic requested the other sites be done out of hours which was ok but took around 4 days which was kind of slow.
    Overall uptime and the sites were nice and fast for hosting in the US was good but at several times it was noticed php scripts were displaying HTTP 500 errors (I have only seen this happen once). I was shocked at a ticket I raised (HHM-480352) when I noticed the server was not responding. I got a quick responce stating that the server was down for scheduled maintenance (Which wasn't listed in support with other scheduled maintenance) which was fair enough but then 30 minutes later one of the sites I host was suspended for abusing resources and the ticket was updated stating one of my hosted site had caused the server to crash. I checked with the person who ran the site and found he made a simple mistake on a php script which made it loop and then he noticed the account was then suspended. I do admit Westnic was right to suspend the account if it was affecting server performance but I was threatened that the account would simply be deleted if it happened again and that the script on the site had caused the server to crash. I was then fobbed after it appeared to be all day for the department to click unsuspend and for the department to remove two folders which they were unhappy with, because apparently backups for websites over 2 gigabytes on cPanel corrupt, because they was running this it was apparently overloading the server (The server has 4 CPU's and server load between 1.0 and 1.5 thoughout the entire day). I assume the support person was trying to make me feel guilty but what a load of rubbish, I've had several dedicated servers usually with a backup drive and a 4gb site takes 40 minutes at the most on an ide drive and I didn't care about the backup, I just wanted them to SSH remove or chmod the script that caused the issue and click unsuspend.
    This was the only support issue and I presume this will probably not happen again. I will state that all my other support queries were answered quickly and professionally, I should have really complained to a supervisor but I was more interested in them getting the site up.

So to sum it up Westnic are a good and reliable company from my experience but I did feel with this one ticket either they fobbed me off with the server maintenance message or fobbed me off because it took hours to click the unsuspend button.

I hope this is an honest review and as in the subject I have been with Westnic just under 2 months.
    Kind Regards
    Christopher Smith

Thank you for taking the time to share the story in detail. It seems to be almost a rule that un-suspending accounts takes longer than absolutely necessary. It must be part of punishing the customer for causing trouble.

Edit: to validate the review, please send a domain your hosting there to the moderating team, via http://www.webhostingtalk.com/report.php?p=6471829

Thanks for sharing your review with us.

Thank you for sharing this. I am currently looking for a new reseller account and WesNic was one of the companies. Please give us an update on the service when you can. One question that I have is which data center are you on?
    "To see is to see a better way, to perceive any problem clearly is to begin to create its solution. All we need is the wisdom and patience to keep looking and the love to hold what we see up to the light of understanding." ---Laurence Boldt
    F.D.W. Hosting Co.

The OP has submitted several domains that are indeed hosted by westnic.

Quote Originally Posted by ninak View Post
    Thank you for sharing this. I am currently looking for a new reseller account and WesNic was one of the companies. Please give us an update on the service when you can. One question that I have is which data center are you on?
    Hi I believe it is Dallas, appears to be a Softlayer server (Obviously nothing wrong with that)
    Kind Regards
    Christopher Smith

Thank you. I know they have a choice of three, just wasn't sure which to use or if they assign you one.
    "To see is to see a better way, to perceive any problem clearly is to begin to create its solution. All we need is the wisdom and patience to keep looking and the love to hold what we see up to the light of understanding." ---Laurence Boldt
    F.D.W. Hosting Co.

I was expecting to be asked at some point which dc I wanted, apparently this needs to be specified during signup (Where I don't know as I don't remember there being a notes section when signing up).
    Kind Regards
    Christopher Smith

Since this is now December and there have been no additions to the review by the original poster, I now can also give an almost two month review.

I must say that I was very hesitant at first in switching to this company that I could not find much information on (Reviews) but so far so good.

At first did have a problem but it was not caused by them or their settings. Problem was in clients PC.
    Have contacted them for advice on a few things and they have been very helpfull and the response was very courteous. Even called and had one tech on the phone and another on the net. We are using the Washing DC server.
    I like them and will post again in three months.
    F.D.W. Hosting Co.

Nice of you ninak to remember this thread and share your story.

Happy Valentine's day to all.
    It is now February and Westnic.net is still doing a great job as far as I am concerned. Questions answered promptly, help given in a courteous and professional manner.
    If you need something updated they are there to help you through it.
    Thanks Westnic, so glad that I found you.
    F.D.W. Hosting Co.

Quote Originally Posted by cscarlet View Post
    So to sum it up Westnic are a good and reliable company from my experience but I did feel with this one ticket either they fobbed me off with the server maintenance message or fobbed me off because it took hours to click the unsuspend button.

I hope this is an honest review and as in the subject I have been with Westnic just under 2 months.

See their services for at least 1 year and then you can comment on it, i think its too early to make up your mind. Hope you always remain satisfied and a happy client.
    █ Web Hosting: Reliable inexpensive web hosting solution for you
    █ Reseller Hosting: Power Reseller Hosting with Cpanel/WHM and 24x7 support
    █ Domain Registration: Register Domain names, Domain registration in India
    █ Digital Certificates: Digital Certificates with Dedicated IP at no additional cost