Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

ifusehosting acquired by Yomura Holdings...

Being a customer of ifusehosting.com I've received this email today:

Hi,

Over the past few weeks, we have been searching for a company to take over our hosting operations; a company that can build on the foundations we laid and take iFuse Hosting to the next level in its evolution.

Dan and I are happy to announce that on Monday 26th October, iFuse Hosting has been acquired by Yomura Holdings.

We understand that this may come as a surprise to many of you, but rather than let the recent growth in our other areas of business affect the quality of service provided by iFuse Hosting, we decided this is the best course of action. Yomura will take over operations on Friday 30th October.

We appreciate your support and your business over the past five years and wish you well in the future.

Warm regards,

Liam & Dan
    Anybody knows anything about Yomura Holdings? Google search found nothing, same WHT search..

I'm really concerned about the situation, there was also substantial downtime during last month and I need to decide if there is time to find another provider.

Regards, Dejan.

To me it seems someone with bucks has bought over a business that was getting affected for one reason or the other.

IMHO, there is no need to be worried yet.

Dw, I know Liam & Dan, they wouldn't sell if they thought it would go down hill.

I'm really concerned about the situation, there was also substantial downtime during last month and I need to decide if there is time to find another provider.
    There is renewed hope if a new investor came and was ready to risk money in the business. However, I would keep a set of backups and do my research on a new possible host, so that I could act as soon as I decide to move, should that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Zasky View Post
    Dw, I know Liam & Dan, they wouldn't sell if they thought it would go down hill.
    It has been going really downhill the past months: I even cancelled my hosting account because of various issues. Hopefully this new company improves their service, but I'm having great doubts: all I can find about this company is, well, nothing really. Just this thread and a page on ifusehosting.com. If I hadn't cancelled already, I would have now. Even more so because the announcement was made today, and Yomura Holdings is immediately taking over.

I'm sorry to be so negative, but I've seen some bad things happen with last-minute announcements and take-overs.

I handled the acquisition for Yomura. You'll find details of other companies we have acquired here on WHT by searching my posting history. You'll see in each case, the company's customer service, reliability and quality of deliverable has increased.

If you have any questions, fire away.

Regards
    Giles

I am worried about this too. But I could be reassured if it could be explained exactly how this will effect me, and exactly what will be changed at iFuse.

Which staff will stay at iFuse? Will iFuse still have dedicated staff, or will the staff be shared with the other companies you have acquired? Are Liam, Dan and Oliver no longer working for iFuse?

What changes to iFuse's services do you have planned?

Exactly what changes are happening behind the scenes at iFuse?

I would appreciate as much information as possible on the situation.

Many Thanks
    James

iFuse have always provided a good service. Hearing from the feedback, it sounds like they've had a few issues recently. Clearly after these issues they've realised that they are having to put in too much time as managers into this area of the business when they don't feel it is worth it for them.

I am sure that they have given it to a company that will carry on a good service or even improve it, but I think some of the customers who had close relationships with some of the managerial staff will simply not like the fact that those people are no longer in charge.

iFuseHosting has always been a popular web host famous for their fantastic support and friendliness. My only concern for the customers of this business is that the staff will certainly not all remain the same so they may not have the same relationship with the staff as they currently do.

However, as Giles has announced, representing Yomura:

"You'll find details of other companies we have acquired here on WHT by searching my posting history. You'll see in each case, the company's customer service, reliability and quality of deliverable has increased."

it looks like the reliability of the hosting services (which appears to have gone down in recent events) will increase in quality - which is a primary concern for the customers.

It most definitely is not a last minute or spontaneous decision/announcement. I think they have been planning on selling this part of the business for a while, and have probably pushed it forward with the rising increase of amount of work they have had to put into it.

In summary, the acquisition was a wise move on iFuse's behalf as it seems like they have had to delegate too much time for what it's worth to this area, but it should not have any negative impact on the service of the customers (and possibly a positive one).

I suggest you listen up and check your email for any updates from Yomura regarding changes to the business or systems.
    Guy Riese - Tech-Hosts Ltd. - Registered company in England & Wales (Based in UK - Europe)
    High quality & affordable Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Master Reseller Hosting, Linux VPS & Dedicated Servers
    Lowest priced domain names in the industry - instant registration and management

Quote Originally Posted by GilesA View Post
    I handled the acquisition for Yomura. You'll find details of other companies we have acquired here on WHT by searching my posting history. You'll see in each case, the company's customer service, reliability and quality of deliverable has increased.

Regards
    Giles
    You seem to have only posted for buying companies since you got here - in my eyes not always a positive thing. Someone with cash, blowing it out and then they can't cope with all of what they have bought and not only one provider goes down hill, but several.

I've never even heard of a Yomura Holdings - nor does it even have a website.

Quote Originally Posted by JSCL View Post
    I've never even heard of a Yomura Holdings - nor does it even have a website.
    This is also my main concern...

Quote Originally Posted by qbellc View Post
    This is also my main concern...
    The guy, Giles, kinda remains me of Suhailc off here.

The Take over is concerning but i think i will stick it out and see where things go. Just have a backup and also a plan if things go wrong and i have to change provider.

Well, our account was suspend overnight due to non payment which we were not able to make since their integration with google checkout is giving some error. I have been reporting that to their support for 10 days now, not to mention that I specifically gave trouble ticket number regarding that to "new management" via email.

Plus our invoice is just two days overdue (one working day), which host has suspension set to just two days?

Hopefully you'll get it resolved, if Giles is following this thread.
    Sphere Web Hosting, LLC.
    █ Experience our Contagious Support™ and 100% Uptime SLA
    We don't just provide support, we care about your success - it's just the way we do things!
    █ Make your life a little easier and visit http://www.spherewebhosting.com

qbellc - As soon as I saw your email to the transition email account I setup, I was able to get your account reactivated.

I am not sure why it was suspended after 2 days late that seems absolutely too punitive for my liking. I'll address that point on Monday.

Regards
    Giles

Yes, Giles did resolve the issue instantly, even on Sunday, so thumbs up for that.

WHT comes through again. I'm glad you're back online!
    Sphere Web Hosting, LLC.
    █ Experience our Contagious Support™ and 100% Uptime SLA
    We don't just provide support, we care about your success - it's just the way we do things!
    █ Make your life a little easier and visit http://www.spherewebhosting.com

In answer to a point above this has been on the cards for at least 2 to 3 months I know of, ifuse was offered on wht twice before.

I hope it does pull through for the guys that are still on there, when we looked at it it "looked" a good brand.
    NetEarth One
    ICANN Accredited Registrar, https://reseller.netearthone.com
    Full UK support, 7 days a week 365 days a year!

Here's the offer: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=898208

I agree with you, Chris, it always looked a good brand to me as well, but after several months with them, the quality of service went down rapidly, which changed my view on them a bit. Hopefully (for current customers; I left) Giles will be able to get it back up to what it was when I joined.

Regards
    Giles
    For Giles.

You said " Fire away" It appears that it is impossible to login to the client area from the link on Ifusehosting.com!! The mail address transition@ifusehosting.com bounces!! The mails to sales or enquiries are not being responded to!! The phone number for LTT no longer exists. How can one contact anybody?? All I want to do is pay my account due.

WHMCS login - http://clients.ifusehosting.com/

transition@ifusehosting.com is working well, that mail goes directly to me and I receive at least 2-3 emails per hour. What bounce message did you get?

WHMCS login - http://clients.ifusehosting.com/

transition@ifusehosting.com is working well, that mail goes directly to me and I receive at least 2-3 emails per hour. What bounce message did you get?
    Thank you for the Link it works. The link from the site is https://clients.ifusehosting.com/cli...oto=clientarea and does not

We must have missed that link - we had to migrate billing from ifuseconnect.com to ifusehosting.com as the domain ifuseconnect.com was not part of the sale.

I have asked a colleague to update the site with that link change.

Regards
    Giles

I'm having serious issues with my account!
    Purchase my hosting package then the next day i received the email stating the take over issue. panicked a bit because i couldn't log into my account any longer, then found the client log in link in this thread...finally thought all was good however none of the passwords i would normally use work so i tried reseting it.
    I am then asked to answer this security question: €#fØê ¡‚ö½>ZR>(è_š¯
    While it made no sense i gave all my usual answers and again non of them work!!
    emailed the transition account about 5 times now with no reply! all i need is my passwords for email an ftp server as i was never given them when i signed! gotta be honest im pretty new to all this but desperately need it resolving.
    Starting my own design company and i cant promote with no site or access to emails!

come on Giles sort me out!

Regards

Providing the service doesn't change and the support, I'm happy

I was pretty close to Dan and Liam (use to have 2 dedicated servers with them, and was one of their valued clients), but now have a VPS for ease and will be looking at a couple more soon and a couple of dedi servers.

So, any updates for clients Giles?? Been waiting all week to find out whats happening !

Ta,
    Nick
    EntireTech Hosting
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Stream Hosting | Virtual Servers

Follow us on Twitter!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast