The $10 Windows VPS Guy is back! Scammer Alert!

Do you Remember Minytro with their $10 VPS about 2 months ago? (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=869686).

He's back again in the VPS Offers section to offering a $15 Win VPS with unbelievable Bandwidth, Ram Allocations!

Check his new offering here: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=901089
    Last edited by flyah; 10-30-2009 at 03:31 AM. Reason: Link

I don't see how that is even remotely possible to offer a windows VPS for $15/mo with those specs. Something doesn't smell right...
    Windows / Linux VPS
    Xen Virtualization
    RockVPS.com

Maybe if you obtain your Windows OS from a torrent?
    =>Admo.net Managed Hosting
    => Managed Hosting • Dedicated Servers • Colocation
    => Dark Fiber Access to 1102 Grand, Multiple Public Providers
    => Over •Sixteen• Years of Service

Quote Originally Posted by AdmoNet View Post
    Maybe if you obtain your Windows OS from a torrent?
    Anyone smart who is offering Windows VPS under Virtuozzo or Hyper-V utilizes the Datacenter Edition license as it only requires 1 license for an "unlimited" number of guest operating systems. At approximately $50/month for the license (under SPLA) it is a hell of a lot more cost effective to take that route.

Quote Originally Posted by SC-Daniel View Post
    Anyone smart who is offering Windows VPS under Virtuozzo or Hyper-V utilizes the Datacenter Edition license as it only requires 1 license for an "unlimited" number of guest operating systems. At approximately $50/month for the license (under SPLA) it is a hell of a lot more cost effective to take that route.
    Yeah. But According to him, the maximum VPS Servers per node is only 3. so that makes it only $45/month.

You could make money from $10 per month Hyper-V VPS with say 32 GB of RAM. But you would need to load around 40 VPS on the server. Assuming the server goes for around $300 per month.

He is fraud, he jacked $10 from me the first time around. VPS worked for 2 days only.

Quote Originally Posted by UnixCabin View Post
    He is fraud, he jacked $10 from me the first time around. VPS worked for 2 days only.
    You actually thought you could get 1500GB transfer for 10$?

I have to applaud this guy then if people are actually falling for this.

Its like giving brand net books for 30$ or new BWMs for 2000$

I suppose its true what they say. Cheap is more expensive on the end. You paid 5$ per day

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima VPS View Post
    You could make money from $10 per month Hyper-V VPS with say 32 GB of RAM. But you would need to load around 40 VPS on the server. Assuming the server goes for around $300 per month.
    Ah yea? And what kind of hard disks would hold 40 servers? Only a SAN device and it doesn't costs 300$ per month.

Even if you put the fastest drives on the planet it would not work. At least not without each VPS having a 50 KB write and read speed.

Quote Originally Posted by PYDOT View Post
    Ah yea? And what kind of hard disks would hold 40 servers? Only a SAN device and it doesn't costs 300$ per month.

Even if you put the fastest drives on the planet it would not work. At least not without each VPS having a 50 KB write and read speed.
    I've seen a 4xQuad Core with 4x300gb 15k Drives hold close to 90vms.

It's all about disc use. What the customers are using it for. Most people get a vps when they really only need shared hosting but are tired of the hundreds of shared hosts over-loading servers.
    PRESSD - Dynamic WordPress Hosting v2 is in BETA status, set to launch 1st q 2019.
    PRESSD is an OKTANE.COMPANY

Quote Originally Posted by B r a n d o n View Post
    I've seen a 4xQuad Core with 4x300gb 15k Drives hold close to 90vms.

It's all about disc use. What the customers are using it for. Most people get a vps when they really only need shared hosting but are tired of the hundreds of shared hosts over-loading servers.
    Where? Even a simple cPanel installation without a single website or traffic will read at 600 blocks per second the disk. I don't see that happening, its impossible. 90 vms on 4 drives...

If that is actually truth its the most absurd, ridiculous and irresponsible thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by PYDOT View Post
    Where? Even a simple cPanel installation without a single website or traffic will read at 600 blocks per second the disk. I don't see that happening, its impossible. 90 vms on 4 drives...

If that is actually truth its the most absurd, ridiculous and irresponsible thing to do.

It was 87VMs, Total disc usage was 88.5GB, Total bandwidth use was close to 400gb per month out. Most of them were just a single wordpress managed vm. Others were portfolio sites for designers. The heaviest usage was a forum which only needed a 2gb VM to stay healthy.
    PRESSD - Dynamic WordPress Hosting v2 is in BETA status, set to launch 1st q 2019.

It was 87VMs, Total disc usage was 88.5GB, Total bandwidth use was close to 400gb per month out. Most of them were just a single wordpress managed vm. Others were portfolio sites for designers. The heaviest usage was a forum which only needed a 2gb VM to stay healthy.
    Virtuozzo or OpenVZ correct? As they share files between the OS.

Citrus Xen

Citrus Xen
    Citrus? You mean Citrix. And Citrix just bought XenServer which is based on the same open source hypervisor. Im sorry but I dont believe what you said, 87 Xen VMs on one Raid 10 setup. Im really sorry if im wrong but most people don't even put 15 Xen VMs on a server and you say 87. Disks are the slowest part on a machine. It doesn't has anything do with space size.

Also based on your numbers something is fishy. 88.5 GB / 87 VMs is more or less 1 GB per VM. So what kind of OS was installed with only 1 GB of space each, not to mention the wordpress and other files you mention. And to add to this you said Citrix which I assume refers to XenServer in that case the minimum per install is 4.5 for Debian and for CentOS at least 8 GB. So there is something really wrong with your setup.

Which provider was doing this? Maybe you can enlighten us.
    Last edited by PYDOT; 10-31-2009 at 04:18 AM.

Wordpress is far less than 1gb.. Like i said some were basic portfolio sites no cpanel nothing.

And yes Citrix, sorry drinking Orange Juice and havent slept.

You can stop trying to belittle me. It's getting you nowhere.
    I was talking about disc usage being backed up, Not OS. Any further attacks from you will be ignored, only on-topic conversation.

It was schooling projects the students were doing these on a local webserver. Basic html, some blogs.
    Last edited by B r a n d o n; 10-31-2009 at 04:45 AM.

Amazing, why do people go for such small VPSes? For these types of configs, surely shared hosting is the way to go.

yes,the scammer is back again,but not the first time back,he is back a month ago,now he changed his domain & sell his vps agian :angry
    My Personal Sites:Oh !!!MIYU-GのDAYs
    http://www.1221.in
    MY LIFE IS COOL,SO IS MY VPS I WILL TELL YOU MORE ABOUT VPS

If you wanna make those statement's my 60GB SSD drives do 100 MB/s transfer no raid no nothing. So that's ~50 VM's with 1GB of disk if you put four in Raid-0 you'll have over 1MB/s per VPS at 200 VPS' per machione (With 1.5 GB of Disk Space).

Cheers flyah...
    Yes, Joshua Domingo, the marvelous 17 year old is back with underpriced VPS's.

I wanted to see what was offered so I paid for a month... server ran fine, speeds were fine. Then disappeared about a month later - I did get my month's worth. Support was shocking - I was told that I shouldn't run any firewall (ha!) and other dodgy advice - what I'd expect from a 17 yr old.

During getting the VPS set up (which I had to get onto google talk because he refused to set up my vps otherwise) he was pressuring me (forcing me) to write a good review/testimony immediately which he had a list and wanted to "tick me off". In fact he would IM me via google talk every few hours asking if I had done so yet.

Very professional!

Seriously, not all 17 year old are as childish as him.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnly92 View Post
    Seriously, not all 17 year old are as childish as him.
    Yeah I know, I apologise to any 17yr olds - there are some mature young adults out there. I've been programming and doing some website work for people since I was probably 16 and acted more professional in my dealings than shuga/mintyro.

It just angered me hearing this guy is back

you will get your space multiplied by 5!
    Gee this sounds familiar... Can I get that "double zapped" too?
    Lagniappe Internet L.L.C. - Wholesale Reseller and VPS Hosting.
    Lagniappe (lan-yap) - An extra or unexpected gift or benefit.
    HostEntrepreneur - Hosting news, reviews, tips, tricks, help and the occassional rant