Cool Cpu usage... is it the same as cpu cycles? And any good webhost monitoring sites?

Hi all, I'm trying to write an article about webhosting. I've completed most of the article but there are some points I still can't figure out.

a) I'm actually confused about this: is limiting of cpu usage the same as limiting cpu cycles or even cpu throttling? I see these terms mentioned everywhere but they're all quite confusing.

b) And also, where can I find good sites for tracking webhost uptime and with some comprehensive data? I've only found this comprehensive site so far but have failed to find any others: http://uptime.besthostratings.com/

And any other sites I found have been mediocre.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri21 View Post
    Hi all, I'm trying to write an article about webhosting. I've completed most of the article but there are some points I still can't figure out.

a) I'm actually confused about this: is limiting of cpu usage the same as limiting cpu cycles or even cpu throttling? I see these terms mentioned everywhere but they're all quite confusing.

b) And also, where can I find good sites for tracking webhost uptime and with some comprehensive data? I've only found this comprehensive site so far but have failed to find any others: http://uptime.besthostratings.com/

And any other sites I found have been mediocre.

Thank you!
    I use pingdom.com