Question Advanced Securing & Hardening Of Linux Server -cPanel

Hi everyone

We have discussed all the basic methods of securing and hardening the server. Lets leave all the basic and general server securing and hardening I have started this to get advance knowledge in securing and hardening of the server so that it will usefull for all the person So i request all to provide all the vaulable tips and suggestions in advance securing and hardening of linux servers I welcome all the comments related to advance securing and hardening of linux servers

Advanced Methods of Securing & Hardening Of Linux Server -cPanel

I request everyone to post the methods they know regarding the Advanced Methods of Securing & Hardening Of cPanel, We have already discussed many methods in the thread A Beginner's Guide to Securing Your Server, But many are outdated Lets all see what is new in the thread. Post the valuable tips and tricks in securing and hardening of the cpanel server
    LENOVOhost Network Solutions, designs the technology of Tomorrow
    RVSkins, Fantastico, 24/7 Support, FFMPEG, SLA Uptime, Daily Backups, End-User Support & More
    Support Desk Software | Sales, Billing & Tech End-user Support | Hosting Templates

try CSF (ConfigServer Security & Firewall) as the first step
    it will suggest necessary changes
    http://www.sibername.com

Sibername Canadian Domain Name and Web Site Hosting Services
    Register with Sibername.com - an ICANN/CIRA/EURID Accredited Registrar

A tool I like using to help find areas that might need securing or improvements in security is Lynis (http://www.rootkit.nl/projects/lynis.html). It is by the creator of Rootkit Hunter and it an excellent analysis tool for doing baseline stuff.

Definetly installing mod_security would be a good idea. Upon doing so, add custom rules where needed. Please refer to this: http://www.gotroot.com/tiki-index.ph...security+rules
    GotRoot got a few nice things here and there, its probably worth a look.

Hi All,

According to I read throw this thread. I would like to asking you about my crazy idea that:

assume that i purchased one unmanaged vps and cPanel Lisence and follow the begining security and hardening of linux server to sales hosting to my customer. Is it safety enought like my purchase fully managed vps?

Your idea is very meanful to me.

Kindly Regards,
    Steve.