PostgreSQL 8+ and .NET 3.5

does anyone know about a windows web host with postgresql database (possibly running 8.4) and .net 3.5 ?

You could ask Crystaltech if they offer pgSQL as they are a solid windows host. I know Cartika offers pgSQL access on their Windows plans, but I believe they run 7.4x.

Hi thanks for your reply

Crystaltech looks like it's down to me, I've just asked Cartika and yeah they offer 7.4

I'm not familiar with pgSQL to know the differences I'm sorry to say I take it there are enough differences that you are unable to use anything less than 8.x

Also: Crystal Tech is fine for me at

If I'm not mistaken from 8 there are substantial differences in performance new features like XML support and full text search so postgresql 7 is quite different from 8 :/ ...

However I think there are two work arounds either using MSSQL or find a webhoster which offers cheap Linux VPS and Windows hosting within the same data center so that I can host the site on the windows hosting and the database on another vps (I don't know if there will be big performance issues)

I won't use directly a windows vps as I am not experienced with windows administration.

yeah crystaltech is working fine now