Who can beat WebNX's prices for my two servers?

I am currently hosting with WebNX. I have been a happy customer with them, but in this economy it is important to pinch pennies. I was paying $600 a month after a discount. I am a low maintenance customer. In 6 months my only customer support ticket was asking where remote reboots can be requested (I never have needed one). Here is my current setup:

Server 1
    Dual e5440
    16GB Ram
    2x 500gb Sata II w/ hardware raid 1
    cPanel

Server 2
    Dual e5440
    16GB ram
    8x 36gb 15k rpm SAS w/ hardware RAID 10

Other services
    4TB pooled BW
    Servers connected with a cross connect.
    8 IP addresses (I think)

I am looking for servers with similar specification, but specifications do not have to be exact. <<snipped>>
    Last edited by sirius; 10-30-2009 at 10:40 AM.

Thats a good price with that second server in there. Good luck finding anything much cheaper w/o losing their quality of service.
    » ReliableServers.com
    » Dedicated Servers | Colocation | Cloud » Servers | CDN
    » 1000 Gbps Network | New Jersey DataCenter
    » 973-849-0535

That's a very good price, not sure who can beat that deal!

Recession will soon go away... you have good prices there for both servers.

Hold on to it :-)
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    Recession will soon go away... you have good prices there for both servers.

Hold on to it :-)
    Second that.
    $600 for those beasts is nothing. Plus they are hosted in WebNX. I have never used them, but never seen a single bad review about them.
    Closed for winter...

You may find it cheaper but will it be the same as webnx ? Network? Power? Support? All have to be considered.
    Server Management - AdminGeekZ.com
    Infrastructure Management, Web Application Performance, mySQL DBA. System Automation.
    WordPress/Magento Performance, Apache to Nginx Conversion, Varnish Implimentation, DDoS Protection, Custom Nginx Modules
    Check our wordpress varnish plugin. Contact us for quote: [email protected]

You've got one heck of a dael, I can't imagine any other company beating it except JaguarPC or FDCServers and even so it would most likely require you to sign a contract or cough up a few months worth because those machines are easily a few grand each.
    Jacob Wall - GetCloak.com

I think it would be smart to stay with WebNX for such a great deal plus the people there are a great bunch.

That's a pretty good deal, especially with 16 Gb ram in both boxes.

it is very good deal , dont leave

95% of people I have seen move elsewhere for cheaper prices hated doing it. Just look at the rapidswitch issue that happened recently, tons of customers moved from poundhost, and then rapidswitch had days of downtime.
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

Don't pinch pennies from your provider, especially as it's webnx in this instance (webnx pretty much rock and you have decent pricing already).

If you need to pinch pennies, as you say, then look at other areas that are causing that, and fix those.

if i were you, i would stay...with such hardware you got, who's gonna beat ? if there is, is it same network ? support ? WebNX has good reputation here...

try to stay..
    █• • Providing Quality Litespeed Web Hosting
    • Data Centre - USA - UK - Malaysia
    █• 24/7 Fast Support / 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    • 30 Day Money Back Guarantee

Those aren't cheap CPUs and the high amount of RAM makes me think you could get servers with those specs but once you consider the number of disks and RAID then your current deal looks affordable.

Don't give up on looking around but make sure any new host if everything your current provider otherwise the pennies pinched won't be worth the hassle.

Is it me or does it seem like these replies are from hosting providers instead of real users? Half of the posts on these boards resemble thinly veiled advertisements.

This is almost as bad as searching Google for "dedicated hosting". SEO junk everywhere.

WTH.

Quote Originally Posted by cccc View Post
    Is it me or does it seem like these replies are from hosting providers instead of real users?
    Check out the site url and name before you sign-up: "Web Hosting Talk". More than half of the real users are providers. What would you expect?
    Closed for winter...

Colocation is your best bet to go cheaper, heck it might be cheap enough to drop you down by a good $200+

However the only downside is buying the equipment outright which is very expensive, but if you use those to full capicity, it might be ideal to buy the equipment and start colocating.
    #---.#---###### | Host Mist LLC - Helping People Say Hello World™
    #---.#---#--#--# || Shared, Reseller, Master Reseller, VPS, Dedicated
    ####---#--#--# }| Featuring multiple locations across the US & Germany.
    #---#---#--#--# #| Connecting the world through web hosting.

Quote Originally Posted by BurakUeda View Post
    Check out the site url and name before you sign-up: "Web Hosting Talk". More than half of the real users are providers. What would you expect?
    Yaa and most are cool hosting providers who talk on forums unlike bill gates ofcourse cause he is a nerd

Thanks for the replies. I am a happy customer at WebNX, but the economy makes it so options need to be considered. I do not need the exact server specifications. A similar server would suffice. Thanks to everyone who PMed me offers. I will reply to your PMs within the next day or two.

Quote Originally Posted by ROMSDJDJ View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I am a happy customer at WebNX, but the economy makes it so options need to be considered. I do not need the exact server specifications. A similar server would suffice. Thanks to everyone who PMed me offers. I will reply to your PMs within the next day or two.
    Actually, PM'ing offers is not allowed, no?
    Closed for winter...

PMing offers is against the rules and you should report anyone who did this.

The price you're getting for those servers is very good, I would try to save elsewhere.
    I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.

Quote Originally Posted by ROMSDJDJ View Post
    Please shame the rulebreakers by telling us all who PM'd you.

That is against the rules indeed, if you would like offers you should create a post in the appropiate section at this forum so other hosting companies can reply (without breaking the WHT rules)

You can use the "Find A Host" feature at the top of the page. You could just also browse the offers section.

Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedXL View Post
    That is against the rules indeed, if you would like offers you should create a post in the appropiate section at this forum so other hosting companies can reply (without breaking the WHT rules)
    There is no appropriate forum for that.
    If you don’t like the road you’re walking on, start paving a new one.

yeah i meant the Find a Host section

Quote Originally Posted by cccc View Post
    Is it me or does it seem like these replies are from hosting providers instead of real users? Half of the posts on these boards resemble thinly veiled advertisements.

This is almost as bad as searching Google for "dedicated hosting". SEO junk everywhere.

WTH.
    How about ads that aren't veiled at all? Check out the offers section:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36

That part of the forum is like an arena where hosting companies fight it out for customers .