Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sheba59 View Post
    One of my close friends uses Wiredtree and is not as happy as he was due to performance issues. I am with Knownhost and am very happy so sorry for the troubles.

TIA
    i think if they added more ram for free to all costumers .. everyone will be happy
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by badboyx View Post
    i think if they added more ram for free to all costumers .. everyone will be happy
    In the long run, it may backfire.
      0 Not allowed!

Like Wired Tree recently did? Maybe that has a bit to do with this thread about their "downhill" fall.

Most hosts have some bad luck at times (hardware failures, etc.), and the times posted by the OP do not look bad for a response. If the staff is busy, because of issues, wouldn't you cut them some slack? Do they have a guarantee that tickets will be responded to within five minutes? No. So I wouldn't go so far as to say Wired Tree is going downhill at all.

Note, I'm not hosted with them, but if I ever moved away from KnownHost, Wired Tree would be my choice. Their communication and professionalism in this forum is second only to KnownHost.
    Sue

A generation which ignores history has no past — and no future. --Lazarus Long
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by LaptopFreak View Post
    In the long run, it may backfire.
    It depends how much free ram they add. If they decrease their profits to gain customer satisfaction it might work. However, the network issue doesnt seem ram connected. It seems more network oriented, so improving network hardware will be more important.

Since the issue is network and connectivity - they better focus on that.
      0 Not allowed!

I am also a customer of wiredtree for more than 1 year and I had not found any issues here, but now I am facing same problem like "demitrec" and my server is offline at least 4 time in this month and 2 time is offline for more than 8 hours and still my server is offline

I don't know why their service and technical support is going backward

If anyone know good VPS hosting company, so please recommend me because I decide to move from here
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by demitrec View Post
    Hi Zac,

This was the third issue with the RAID array in the last ten days. It was previously swapped out just a few days ago. The second time it happened, I was assured by your support staff:

I requested to be moved to another server that did not have this record of problems but that request was dismissed.

Sure enough it happened again and the response from support was that I imagined all the previous issues even though there are numerous tickets listed in my support center and that I can count on more downtime in the future:

That response came 45 minutes after a ticket was submitted and only after the problem was resolved.

Also, during the last scheduled maintenance, it took much longer than WiredTree anticipated and they reneged on an offer of goodwill:

Well, I was one of the affected as all my sites were down for many extra hours and no credits were offered.

And I was just about to upgrade my VPS to a dedicated but now am having to look at other options. I'm not mad, just disappointed because you guys started out being a top quality webhost and well, now you're not.

Is this the ~2 hour outage? I'm conufsed.. their email said they will be offering SLA credits. I have a dedicated there and I surely received my claim. Did you follow the proper SLA credit procedure?

Although my situation is different than everyone here due to my dedicated box, I have received nothing but stellar support and uptime from WT.
      0 Not allowed!

So in one final act of retribution, WiredTree took my sites offline for "emergency maintenance" at around 11:30PM CST last night even though they told me it would begin at 2:00AMCST.

It is now after 8:30AM CST and I have yet to receive any type of time estimate or update that didn't seem like it was made up on the spot.

Posted On: 30 Oct 2009 02:48 AM
    The hardware has been replaced, however we are having problems with rebooting the VPS node.

Posted On: 30 Oct 2009 04:02 AM
    We are replacing the motherboard on the hardware node as well as it seems to have failed and is preventing the server from booting up. The process will take approximately 30 minutes to complete.

Posted On: 30 Oct 2009 08:28 AM
    I do not have an update from the data center techs regarding this yet
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by demitrec View Post
    So in one final act of retribution, WiredTree took my sites offline for "emergency maintenance" at around 11:30PM CST last night even though they told me it would begin at 2:00AMCST.

It is now after 8:30AM CST and I have yet to receive any type of time estimate or update that didn't seem like it was made up on the spot.

sad to hear that
    i think WiredTree should study how to replace the hardware node with less downtime
    something like ( 15 minutes of downtime or less )
      0 Not allowed!

I received this email before offline my sever

Dear valued WiredTree customer,

Due to an alert he have just received concerning hardware on your parent node, we will be performing emergency maintenance on the machine at 2AM CST (GMT -5).

If there continue to be problems, we can work with you to schedule migrations off of this node, and please know that we are committed to a quality hosting environment and apologize profusely for any inconveniences.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
    Hristos
    My server was offline at 2AM and when i submit ticket they told me that it will be completed within 10 monutes

Hello,

The VPS is down due to the emergency maintenance referred to in ticket VLA-158309 being performed on the hardware node. We are currently replacing a faulty RAID controller which was causing the server to become unstable. I expect this to be completed within 10 minutes and your server should be back up within 15-30 minutes. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience.
    When I sent email after one hour then and ask to give me time when it will be completed then they are not given any time

Hello,

I apologize for the inconvenience this downtime has caused you. Our datacenter engineers are still working on restoring the server and we will provide you with a comprehensive update as soon as we have more information. Unfortunately I can't give you an ETA at this point.
    Now, current time is 9AM (2AM to 9AM)
    They are already taken 7 hours that is too much and enough time to resolve any issue but still my server is offline and you can check my one website chellifood [dot] com (It is not working because of downtime)
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by azeem View Post
    I am also a customer of wiredtree for more than 1 year and I had not found any issues here, but now I am facing same problem like "demitrec" and my server is offline at least 4 time in this month and 2 time is offline for more than 8 hours and still my server is offline

I don't know why their service and technical support is going backward

If anyone know good VPS hosting company, so please recommend me because I decide to move from here
    You should consider KnownHost in that case. Been with them for 1+ years. No probs or downtime (that I remember). Fast Servers + Quick Helpful Support. You can't go wrong with them. They are even running a promo here on WHT.
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey this way! View Post
    You should consider KnownHost in that case. Been with them for 1+ years. No probs or downtime (that I remember). Fast Servers + Quick Helpful Support. You can't go wrong with them. They are even running a promo here on WHT.
    i think WiredTree is well but they need to improve their ways and their network
      0 Not allowed!

Hopefully they will be able to work this out to everyones satisfaction.

One thing I've noticed is sense the ram upgrade their Hybrid severs are rather low on ram for the price. Its great that you can get so much space,BW and 1 or 2 CPU cores but the ram still seems low compared to other resources at the prices asked. They for the most part lead in BW and space given at at those prices. But seeing as competition is heating up and ram is often the limiting factor for a VPS it would be a wise move.

I did notice a lot of new CPU and dedicated server options were added just recently.
    Last edited by ShaunH; 10-30-2009 at 08:53 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

I haven't said WiredTree is bad. From what I have read they seem to be good but, Azeem asked the following

"If anyone know good VPS hosting company, so please recommend me because I decide to move from here"

He said he has decided to move. My answer was to that.
    Last edited by Mikey this way!; 10-30-2009 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Typos
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
      0 Not allowed!

I have been with Wiredtree for a month now and they are great. I have only submitted two tickets and they were resolved every quickly.

You can also try Servint. I used them before and they are great.
      0 Not allowed!

Now my server is Online after 10 hours emergency maintenance but they are loss my last 2 days data (all websites and emails data) and still some websites are not working
    If they are doing emergency maintenance, they should know all these tragedy or accident possibilities, they should take backup first and then doing emergency maintenance but they did not take.
    I don't know how they can do this big mistake.
    My all clients are angry on me because their all communication and dealing on emails of last 2 days are not available

They are showing very irresponsible activities, that's why I am deciding to move from here because I don't want to down my company reputation

I suggest to WT Staff to take backup before any maintenance, it will be good for you and your customers
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by notmove View Post
    I think its time to move, you should really look into getting a 100% uptime server.
    Although 100% uptime is nice you can't get it... look at Google and Gmail even they have been off-line for a while in the past and I am sure they have alot higher budget that us guys!
    BotWars.io - Code the AI of your Battle Bot!
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ZanyHost View Post
    look at Google and Gmail even they have been off-line for a while in the past and I am sure they have alot higher budget that us guys!
    And a more solid infrastructure!
      0 Not allowed!

I really can't help but to chime in on this a little bit. First thing is regarding hardware failure, I understand as a customer I want as many updates as possible and as quickly as possible, but I see a large number of people failing to understand that it takes time.

As a customer as long as I know that it is a issue and it is being worked on, I'm pretty happy. Things take time, troubleshooting takes time and to have an admin or technician stop the troubleshooting process and give updates every five minutes causes more down time than customers would want.

My second gripe would involve the response times. I don't care personally if a provider tells me they will respond to my ticket in fifteen minutes, its great to have that type of response but I understand I'm likely not the only client submitting a ticket at that time. Additionally if I put in a list of items that I want addressed the time increases as a result in 99% of cases.

My last gripe involves the wonderful idea of taking backups. This really shouldn't even be a issue, all providers backup their configurations and also if they provide backups for normal service, then guess what they do backup the items on a schedule, no need to waste resources just due to a scheduled event.

In short I think a number of people need to think before they act in regards to WHT. this thread here alone can cause damage to the reputation of a great provider because rather than contacting the company directly and trying to work out a few gripes, people feel to jump onto WHT to "express" their feelings.

WiredTree is a good company and can only get better, however things do happen in companies big and small.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by FatalSw1tch View Post
    I really can't help but to chime in on this a little bit. First thing is regarding hardware failure, I understand as a customer I want as many updates as possible and as quickly as possible, but I see a large number of people failing to understand that it takes time.

As a customer as long as I know that it is a issue and it is being worked on, I'm pretty happy. Things take time, troubleshooting takes time and to have an admin or technician stop the troubleshooting process and give updates every five minutes causes more down time than customers would want.

My second gripe would involve the response times. I don't care personally if a provider tells me they will respond to my ticket in fifteen minutes, its great to have that type of response but I understand I'm likely not the only client submitting a ticket at that time. Additionally if I put in a list of items that I want addressed the time increases as a result in 99% of cases.

My last gripe involves the wonderful idea of taking backups. This really shouldn't even be a issue, all providers backup their configurations and also if they provide backups for normal service, then guess what they do backup the items on a schedule, no need to waste resources just due to a scheduled event.

In short I think a number of people need to think before they act in regards to WHT. this thread here alone can cause damage to the reputation of a great provider because rather than contacting the company directly and trying to work out a few gripes, people feel to jump onto WHT to "express" their feelings.

WiredTree is a good company and can only get better, however things do happen in companies big and small.
    That's a good post
      0 Not allowed!

Well, I had 3 servers with them and I still have one along with a few VPSs. They are helpful and professional as always. I didn't get but great support and uptime from WiredTree during the last two years. Nothing has changed.

I have dealt with most of the reputable companies here and they are the only one answering my 3 AM Saturday tickets without delays.

They also have higher technical expertise comparing to the others.
      0 Not allowed!

So, is everything back to normal at their end?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by FatalSw1tch View Post
    That's complete BS and it sounds like you did not read fully read the thread because if you did, you would have discovered it was due to WiredTree's lack of communication and support that this all happened. This thread was only started after numerous outages and after support would not deal with the problem. Not only were they unclear in their communications but if you actually read any of the responses, they were either not in the know of the current situation or they were trying to be deceptive.

Hardware hiccups happen. That's why good companies are proactive and take care of the problem when they become aware of it. WiredTree did not do this in a timely manner. They waited until the problem became critical before reacting and ended up making a bad situation so much worse. Add in clueless and tardy support and you end up with severely disappointed clients. It's not rocket science.

As a business owner, like many of you, who depends on solid hosting for his clients, I feel that WiredTree left me and my clients out to dry. During the extended 15 hour downtime, WiredTree even had the audacity to call me and request that I help them improve their business while they were flushing my business down the toilet with loss of service and the loss of two full days of data, email and transactions. Their priority should have been getting the service that I paid for back online as soon as possible but instead their priority seemed to be saving face and their own bottom line.

I'm not happy with my WiredTree experience but I don't doubt they can turn things around. They were decent when I started with them but not anymore. They have work to do.
      0 Not allowed!

I don't agree with everything FatalSw1tch said in his post but I wouldn't call it complete BS. I think you need to to take a step back, take a deep breath and relax. Even the very best hosts have issues and go through rough patches. It's unfortunate that you had to be impacted so much but it has happened to just about everyone (and if it hasn't yet it will).

And just and FYI I did read the entire thread and I saw a number of people who stated that they didn't get any/most/some communication from WT and some that did. I know of at least one person on WT that was also affected and they did get enough notifications that they were fine and prepared for the downtime (and yes it was longer then anticipated but that also does happen). I've seen plenty of communications that get (for example) filtered as spam to know that just b/c you don't think you got an email it doesn't mean that it wasn't sent to you. I'm not saying that happened to you just making a point.

I do not believe in a second that WT is "out to get you" as some of the posts here seem to indicate. Now that to me is complete BS, they have a long established record of handling issues extremely well with plenty of communication. I know first hand b/c I was affected once quite awhile back.

That doesn't mean that WT could not have handled this better with more communication. I'm not even saying that they handled this to their normal high level, I don't know all the details from their end so I can't judge. I have always wanted WT to have a public page where they list all the outages and updates that customers can view. This eliminates the issue of emails getting to people or not. I'm not sure if they have that currently but it was something I wanted when I was with them.

AS for their priorities do you really think that they had a high level engineer who could have been working on the issues they were having but instead was contacting customers? I don't think so. I'm sure they had all their technical resources working on this and they had customer service people doing what they should be doing, contacting customers. Which is kind of funny, you slam them for not communicating but when they do something proactive that not many other companies have the resources to do during an crises you then slam them for using resources that would not be able to work on the problem to communicate with you? Doesn't make sense.

I think you have to realize what it is that you are using for your business. There is no such thing as 100% uptime and while it sucks you can have extended downtime with ANYONE. If you can not afford to have this type of downtime then you need to use something more robust then a standard VPS account. Otherwise you need to understand the risks (I do which is why I have failover DNS and mirrored sites across multiple servers).
    Last edited by Nnyan; 11-05-2009 at 02:26 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Nnyan, with all due respect, it's quite apparent from your posts in this thread that you are a WiredTree fan. Nothing is wrong with that and it is even to be expected if you have received great service and support. I have not received great service and support from WiredTree and you will just have to accept that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyan View Post
    And just and FYI I did read the entire thread and I saw a number of people who stated that they didn't get any/most/some communication from WT and some that did. I know of at least one person on WT that was also affected and they did get enough notifications that they were fine and prepared for the downtime (and yes it was longer then anticipated but that also does happen). I've seen plenty of communications that get (for example) filtered as spam to know that just b/c you don't think you got an email it doesn't mean that it wasn't sent to you. I'm not saying that happened to you just making a point.
    All communication and lack thereof was through support tickets onsite. Not through email.

I do not believe in a second that WT is "out to get you" as some of the posts here seem to indicate. Now that to me is complete BS, they have a long established record of handling issues extremely well with plenty of communication. I know first hand b/c I was affected once quite awhile back.
    It was only after this thread was started that they started to "fix" the problem. They were fully aware of this thread when "emergency maintenance" had to coincidentally occur that night even though the outage problem was escalating from weeks prior and they did nothing. You can read into that what you want.

AS for their priorities do you really think that they had a high level engineer who could have been working on the issues they were having but instead was contacting customers? I don't think so. I'm sure they had all their technical resources working on this and they had customer service people doing what they should be doing, contacting customers.
    Umm, no. During the last big outage, the only notification given was from a tech and it was inaccurate. I had to constantly contact support to get updates. They were not contacting anybody or giving updates even though they promised they would.

Which is kind of funny, you slam them for not communicating but when they do something proactive that not many other companies have the resources to do during an crises you then slam them for using resources that would not be able to work on the problem to communicate with you? Doesn't make sense.
    Calling me only after my sites are down all night is hardly proactive. Requesting that I give them advice when they are screwing me and my clients over doesn't make sense to me. Reaching out was too little too late and it was bad timing at it's worst.

I think you have to realize what it is that you are using for your business. There is no such thing as 100% uptime and while it sucks you can have extended downtime with ANYONE. If you can not afford to have this type of downtime then you need to use something more robust then a standard VPS account.
    Nobody said anything about expecting 100% uptime. However if WiredTree can't keep their service up to a reasonable level as promised in their advertisements and on their site, then they have to expect that they are going to have disappointed customers who are purchasing their services with expectations of service and support.

I have failover DNS and mirrored sites across multiple servers
    Please explain more about this as I, and many others, would be interested in hearing more about this type of setup. I got some time. I filed another WiredTree support ticket 4 hours ago and again I'm still waiting for a response.
      0 Not allowed!

I've been with WiredTree just short of 2 years, i kind of agree with some of the comments here. The network or my VPS maybe a bit of both seems to have degraded.

Pingdom reports 72 outages and 24 hours downtime for the past 3 months, but to me it seems more.. Possibly routing/slowness to Australia, for instance today my VPS nor WiredTree would load at all for 15 minutes but external locations reported as up.

I run a license server on my VPS for a PC Program, when users start the program it checks their license status. Many have reported the need to restart the program several times some days to validate.

Support, i don't use much at all so i wouldn't really know if this has changed.

But my sites page loads are sluggish at times, downloads are slow (compared to other Chicago locations) and many intermittent connection issues. Hopefully it will improve, although i am seriously considering another cheap VPS as a fail over for the license DB.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast