Control Panel Sugestions

Hi,
    I have a unique environment and I'm looking for suggestions for control panel software.

I have mostly windows based servers with 2 CentOS servers, one of which hosts WHMCS which is used for our billing and invoicing.
    99% of new hosting accounts are windows based so if I have to setup linux hosting manually that's no problem.

I need something that can setup an account in IIS, a domain in Icewarps Merak mail server and databases on a MSSQL server in as few steps as possible. Ideally, I would like the control panel to allow me to add some default folders and virtual folders and custom mime types to the IIS configuration too.

Over time I would like to know what diskspace and bandwidth each customer is using and for WHMCS to bill accordingly.

My research is leading me to Plesk but I want to know if there are any other cp's I should consider or why Plesk wouldn't be a good option for what I need...

Many thanks

Apart from Plesk you can check Hosting Controller too which is an equally good panel. With Hosting Controller you will be able to manage all the above things which you have mentioned and would have the plus point that it will allow you to manage both Windows and Linux servers through a single GUI which will fit perfectly in your environment since you are planning to offer both Windows/Linux Hosting.

^^ Sounds like you're trying to flog your own software.

I would go with Parallels Plesk or cPanel.

I believe cPanel integration with WHMCS works great.
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting | Dedicated Servers
    KeserHosting.Com

Quote Originally Posted by Cesto View Post

fast74 asked about the alternative other than Plesk so I suggested him the best I knew which is Hosting Controller and by the way HC is one of the earliest of control panels alongwith Plesk,Helm and requires no projection like starter control panels who have yet to launch up with their BETAs

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Cesto View Post

If someone is giving personal opinion according to his experience it does not mean he is flogging. You should care about others feelings. How does it feel if I say you have share to sell Cpanel or Plesk

Stick to the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by keserhosting View Post
    I believe cPanel integration with WHMCS works great.
    If you read the OP you will see that he is using windows, at this time Enkommpas (cPanel for windows) is not yet released.
    If you need help about anything to do with WHT, check out the Helpdesk

Alright, I might be inviting flames by posting here, but I'm going to say right now that I work for Parallels, and therefore am going to let Fast74 there know how he can create this configuration using Plesk. No underhandedness here.

Yes, Plesk for Windows works with IIS and Merak as a mail server. MSSQL can be used as a database engine. MIME types and additional folders can be configured via the Plesk interface. Disk space and bandwidth for each customer also can be limited and monitored via the Plesk control panel interface.

Therefore Plesk can offer all of your requested features, so if you're still thinking Plesk you can definitely make it work.
    Drew from Parallels
    Twitter: @ParallelsPanel

Hsphere is only one best control panel

Hpshere = Powerful and Scalable (Works From Small To Huge Installs)

Others = (Almost Zero Scalibilty After 500 Clients .. And Huge Costs Down The Line For System Administrators And Servers All Over The Place To Support Over 500 Clients)

Never base your opinion on information from someone making a living off of one side of the debate.

So if someone is running a hosting business using Parallels software your never going to convince them something else is better and your never going to get objective advice.

I've used most of them and I prefer cpanel. I think it's the best and they have excellent technical support. Cpanel now offers a control panel for Windows called Enkompass. I have not used Enkompass before but I bet cpanel figured it out. Control panels for windows servers have historically been hit or miss and have not been feature rich like control panels for Linux systems. You might have trouble getting it to talk with Merak, but I bet it can be done. Good luck and post back what you ended up doing.

Greg Moeck
    Hosting.com

Hsphere is a great product nothing can compare to it. Paralles acquired it two years back and now planning to kill this product since if it moves forward, Plesk's future will be in Jeopardy (no offence Drew). Hsphere is a multi-server, multi-function highly scalable product from the core where Plesk is not.

If you are looking for Windows only option look into dotnetpanel.com

I would think about using cpanel, its grweat

Its new (for Windows) so not sure how the features will pan out. Also question remains as to how stable its going to be.

Plesk should better option for windows until cPanel for windows gets more mature. Cpanel for linux blind faith for me

Paralles acquired it two years back and now planning to kill this product since if it moves forward, Plesk's future will be in Jeopardy (no offence Drew). Hsphere is a multi-server, multi-function highly scalable product from the core where Plesk is not
    I doubt very much they will kill it as everything I have heard is rumors - some even promoted by sales people of Plesk. Companies do not kill offerings that stand alone with really no competition. I would imagine they will merge Plesk/H-Sphere into a product that retains all the ability of scaling across a multi-platform environment like H-Sphere does.

I hope so, but don't understand why support for Windows 2008 and SQL 2008 is still lacking. BTW they did support a way to tie in VPS containers both Linux and windows with Hsphere control panel.