Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I guess we are lucky that our server with them was down for "only" 23 hours

Still, we were not impressed by the non professionalism in this matter. 23 hours downtime on a business day, without any prior notice, is totally unacceptable.

We had offsite daily backups and we did move a couple customers who couldn't afford an unknown downtime to other servers, and we are now in the process to move the whole server to another provider.
    Marie - Co-Owner
    Need Further Assistance ? Here you go !
    English, french and spanish support

I love the money loss issue that seems to come up in such posts, and are some out there using i3d that have 1000's of euros generated per month and people whine as they lost income and have 1 server. A redundant setup which i would expect from any host would anticipate many issues, notwithstanding such issues like this yet be least forward thinking to any issue.

I can understand many being angry whether 1 or 100 servers, no notification, etc and do totally agree on it being professional to let people know. It is more so realistic that there may have been issues outstanding between i3d and wedare which have remained ongoing for some while, adding to the decision of taking this approach towards a move.

It may be also beyond the scope of some to see behind their 1 server and loss of income that they at least have a server potentially to access again so they can offload backups and go elsewhere, which you would have also received additional billing days when they changed ips for servers recently?

I am not saying this was all ok, justified, acceptable, however as some have previously stated in replies to this thread, having backups and redundancy goes a long way if are to have hosting clients and retain them.

It also should be noted that i have not lost a single client myself, yet it has meant i will have to work out recompense with clients, while also my clients also realize that moving would not necessarily mean they would be better off in the longer term. I will have to sort out some recompense with i3d for all my servers affected however I cannot see the virtue of moving being beneficial when that's another disruption for clients, yet the end result of what i3d may be trying to do overall works out as better than some place found who offers x for y yet is no better or even worse.

As a matter of statement, we have had servers down almost 2 days and most that are operational now have lag issues etc, and we surely don't work for or with i3d either. Basic restraint and commonsense dictates what we do and we will use that in either staying or moving once we can see if the move i3d has done is beneficial or not to us, yet we wont be crying like a baby over this.

guyz still my server down again

5-6 days no response from their side called up them via phone, ticket etc..

worst... service.. ever i saw...

Is everything up again ?

no there are all problems still

sorry to hear that, are they still not replying to your phone calls or tickets?

yeah.. .still no reply

m waiting... and counting days....

I heard from one customer who also have boxes with us that all servers should have been fixed and back online.

I would have no clue on what other advice to give you other then keep spamming them by phone, live chat and tickets.

Tickets, phone, mail - are all replied on. There are never tickets open for 5-6 days if that is what you claim.
    If you need to contact the helpdesk outside office hours, you need to send in a ticket. Please see www.i3d.net/contact.php
    If you did send in a ticket, PM the ticket number and I will check the status and last replies on the ticket.
    i3D.net (www.i3d.net) - Contact our sales team at: sales@i3d.net
    Global leader in Performance Hosting with global reach: https://www.i3d.net/one-platform/locations/
    Network and servers present on 35+ internet exchanges, 6 continents and 20 countries

Quote Originally Posted by interactive3d View Post
    Tickets, phone, mail - are all replied on. There are never tickets open for 5-6 days if that is what you claim.
    If you need to contact the helpdesk outside office hours, you need to send in a ticket. Please see www.i3d.net/contact.php
    If you did send in a ticket, PM the ticket number and I will check the status and last replies on the ticket.
    Perhaps you can comment on what is going on with the move so everyone is aware?
    CloudNexus Technology Services
    Managed Services

Just to indicate; if your ticket would actually be open 5-6 days, you would have opened it before the move. There are zero tickets submitted 24 hours ago unanswered. I cannot appreciate these stories based on false information.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolraul View Post
    Perhaps you can comment on what is going on with the move so everyone is aware?
    Of course; short version: we had to move DCs in a big hurry to prevent bigger problems

Long version:
    Rotterdam, October 27th 2009 – i3D has outgrown its current datacenter. The past months the i3D team has been working hard to ensure a smooth transition to our brand new datacenter.
    Our new datacenter, SmartDC “Dataport of Rotterdam”, is located at the Van Nelle national monument in Rotterdam. The SmartDC facility is 36,000 sq ft with over 12 megawatt power available. This massive capacity provides i3D the much needed space to expand their European hosting activities. Together with our multimillion datacenter, i3D launches a 53 gigabit redundant network built on proven technology and connected to international carriers in our own datacenter and Amsterdam.
    By controlling the datacenter and network aspect of our operations even further, i3D will provide an even higher level of service to existing and future customers.

Expected downtime of services
    On the night of Tuesday 27th to Wednesday 28th of October, i3D will be relocating all clients hosting in the Netherlands to our new datacenter “SmartDC” in Rotterdam. The transfer will start at Tuesday 11:30 PM and the last servers should leave their old locations on Wednesday 5 AM. In this timeframe clients will experience a maximum of 4 hours downtime while the servers are being transferred and setup at our new facility.

Support during this maintenance
    i3D support staff will be available by phone, live chat and ticket during this night to provide updates on server status and direct technical support to our clients.
    On Wednesday technical engineers and support staff will be available until midnight to assist in solving any urgent technical issues.
    We ask our clients to use the ticket support for technical issues and our live chat or phone support for any general inquiries.

Affected locations
    European i3D datacenter operations in Frankfurt, London and Paris are slightly affected while our primary name server is moved. i3D services in Japan, Australia and the United States are unaffected.

About our new facility
    SmartDC is located at the industrial national monument Van Nelle in Rotterdam, The Netherlands. This facility is located 0.5 mile from previous Rotterdam location.
    SmartDC has over 12 megawatt available on the 23 kV power network. The complete datacenter is setup for high density hosting with 32 AMP 230V AC racks. Two power feeds are available per rack and the datacenter is equipped with both UPS and generator equipment. Each datacenter suite contains 34 racks with both cold and warm corridors enclosed.

About i3D
    i3D is an independent global hosting provider with a clear focus on gaming services.
    With 12 worldwide locations, i3D provides global coverage for game titles on the PC, Xbox360 and Playstation 3. Our in-house developed software runs platform independent and is used by most major publishers to globally manage and monitor their online game servers. i3D owns and operates 1400 servers and hosts another 1200 servers in our colocation facility in Rotterdam.
    Global leader in Performance Hosting with global reach: https://www.i3d.net/one-platform/locations/
    Network and servers present on 35+ internet exchanges, 6 continents and 20 countries

what ? i m having problem no 1 replies to my support ticket from last 48 hours...

and you say i3D is 24x7 ? what they are doing i donno.

Quote Originally Posted by asKING View Post
    what ? i m having problem no 1 replies to my support ticket from last 48 hours...

and you say i3D is 24x7 ? what they are doing i donno.

Maybe the reply is going to your offline server that is why you are not getting any?

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

@interactive3d: the short and the long version both don't answer the question why you had to move in such a hurry without properly informing your clients.

they donno how to handle customers and run business. i3d is really very worst service ever i saw...

Quote Originally Posted by 040Hosting View Post
    For those who read dutch; you may read the article here: http://www.ispam.nl/archives/13919/i...n-datacentrum/
    Any webpage translator works well enough to understand the public or given reasons abet whether its clear or vague as an explanation, and probably the best one will get.

Support should be about in next few hours so contacting them again and pushing them to get things fixed would be best, even if open a ticket again and posting something on their own forums too and messaging i3d rep on here also.

I have multiple servers all relocated, put online at new dc, and useful as an electronic version of a house brick due to network issues, so you aren't the only one trying to hound them.

My provider is ruining my business too with instability and lack of support! I was considering to order a server from i3d.net but pfft...

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by jackman View Post
    My provider is ruining my business too with instability and lack of support! I was considering to order a server from i3d.net but pfft...
    you're safe if you are Away from i3D.net

so find anyother... ...

How can i3D afford to do a quick move like this without proper notification. By reading some articles on their website, they provide a lot of services for gaming publishers who I'm sure are not happy about this. This can cost i3D a lot of unnecessary losses.
    www.opticip.com - Optic IP LLC

Let's be clear on this: what happened was to avoid any risks on more severe issues and has since be resolved. Customers with a SLA on their dedicated server were online within 2-3 hours.

then what about me ? i m waiting from last 7 days... my server is offline i have asked you for ugrade but no response ? why ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12