Thread: CDN Network

CDN Network

what do i need to build CDN Network for my video streaming site with Flash Media server using rtmpe Protocol To protect my video from Downloading ?

Do you know any Company Can Build this for you for example if i order servers from them ?

Note : I do not expect a lot of visitors to my site in the beginning , so can you guys Guide me about the servers do i need and the Network etc

thanks

Closed for winter...

yes i know about that , its very Expensive and i can not go with that ,
    i want build this with my servers , i plan to get 3 or 4 servers and build that system ,

Quote Originally Posted by Mattitt View Post
    yes i know about that , its very Expensive and i can not go with that ,
    i want build this with my servers , i plan to get 3 or 4 servers and build that system ,
    Try contacting some companies many would be able to provide you with the service.

Take a look at the offer section to get contact information of many companies.
    Serverlogix.com - ★★ Managed VPS / Budget Servers / Colocation ★★
    Facilities : Atlanta, Buffalo and Las Vegas
    Web : http://www.serverlogix.comContact Us

the only open source complete cnd I know of was the
    globule project - www.globule.org - the latest
    version probably requires a fixed version of
    apache or whatever, but you can at least
    download and have a go at reading the source
    code anyway.

what do i need to build CDN Network for my video streaming site with Flash Media server using rtmpe Protocol To protect my video from Downloading ?

Do you know any Company Can Build this for you for example if i order servers from them ?

Note : I do not expect a lot of visitors to my site in the beginning , so can you guys Guide me about the servers do i need and the Network etc

thanks

will it be live or on-demand streaming?

There are a lot of web hosting companies that offer full solutions. You should shop around.
    Jack
    Cool Handle - Reliable web hosting
    Virtual Private Servers [VPS] - Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Dedicated Servers

It sounds like it would be cheaper for you to go with a CDN delivery provider vs building your own network. To have a successful CDN you would need servers around the world. What Softlayer does or at least did the last time I checked was simply resold someone elses product.

Theres plenty of good CDN delivery providers out there and it'll be within your budget.
    James Paul Woods
    Operations Manager
    HostKitty Internet Services

thanks for all the Replay , i think we will go with VPS.NET ,
    but i want ask if any one have any experience with VPS.NET ?

The price its really nice > 18TB For 900$ , that's really cool

Check this company out: http://www.aflexi.com

18TB is roughly about 100 Mbit/s, for less than 900$ you can get a dual xeon dedicated server with 100 Mbps easily.

Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedXL View Post
    18TB is roughly about 100 Mbit/s, for less than 900$ you can get a dual xeon dedicated server with 100 Mbps easily.
    18TB with a CDN can be bursted way beyond 100Mbps. Not to mention, you have the ability to serve content out of locations all around the world. Getting one server on a 100Mbps link is nowhere near the same.
    ASTUTE HOSTING: Advanced, customized, and scalable solutions with AS54527 Premium Canadian Optimized Network (Level3, PEER1, Shaw, Tinet)
    MicroServers.io: Enterprise Dedicated Hardware with IPMI at VPS-like Prices using AS63213 Affordable Bandwidth (Cogent, HE, Tinet)
    Dedicated Hosting, Colo, Bandwidth, and Fiber out of Vancouver, Seattle, LA, Toronto, NYC, and Miami

Quote Originally Posted by hhw View Post
    18TB with a CDN can be bursted way beyond 100Mbps. Not to mention, you have the ability to serve content out of locations all around the world. Getting one server on a 100Mbps link is nowhere near the same.
    That is correct but you could easily get a server in europe and the united states with each 50Mbps for example and I wasnt talking about unmetered servers but burstable servers.

Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedXL View Post
    That is correct but you could easily get a server in europe and the united states with each 50Mbps for example and I wasnt talking about unmetered servers but burstable servers.
    Yep, building a CDN for self purpose can be very cheap given the price of bandwidth has gone down tremendously for the past 2 years.

You just need several strategic location depending on your traffic and build it upon, it's gonna save you a ton.

I would love to find that out as well.

yes VPS.net have nice deals with highwinds and Akamai with very nice price

I think price your got it for highwinds CDN and that nearly 2Tbps Strong CDN and you will get option like Flash contain protection so that will match your need

ComCities.Com| provide hosting solutions – Since 2002
    FLV Enable Icecast Hosting | Shoutcast Hosting | Mobile Streaming | Live TV Streaming | Live Radio Streaming
    CPanel Hosting Solutions | Dedicated Servers | Wowza Media Dedicated Servers | CDN Solutions

This is nice tutorials thanks BaiGanio
    ComCities.Com| provide hosting solutions – Since 2002
    FLV Enable Icecast Hosting | Shoutcast Hosting | Mobile Streaming | Live TV Streaming | Live Radio Streaming
    CPanel Hosting Solutions | Dedicated Servers | Wowza Media Dedicated Servers | CDN Solutions

Couple of notes:

18TB I think is not 100 Mb/s - it is about 55Mb/s

For Live streaming classical CDNs (with caching servers) no good at all. CDNs with rebroadcasting servers don't work well either (if you have bad connection - live stream will not reach even to the rebroadcasting server)

For prerecorded/static stuff - CDN is probably good, but so many moving parts...
    Professional Streaming services - http://www.tulix.com - info at tulix.com
    Double optimized - AS36820) network, best for live streaming/VoIP/gaming
    The best quality network - AS7219