Shared hosting then upgrading

Hey guys/girls,

My last host disappeared like a fart in the wind, So im now looking for a 99% trusted site to get my hosting with.

With my last hosting i had my own personal site and i had my own blog & 3 of my friends had a blog each with my hosting to. But im only looking to get hosting for my site atm!

So im looking for a 99% trusted site who can host my personal site with a blog. Then ill be wanting to upgrade to a resellers so i can offer a small hosting service to my friends to host their blogs for a small free & maybe offer a little web hosting to them.

Im looking for UK only hosts, I dont want sites that offer unlimited space, DB's because we all know unlimited dont exist! And it puts me off looking at a host when i see unlimited. Im looking to spend around 5 a month shared hosting then upgrading to a resellers and paying around 10 a month for a resellers.

I hope im not asking to much but i know what i need

Sounds resonable; you can try the Find a Host link at the top of these forums. Also make sure you research the host as well to see what people say about them.
    bihira.com | 10+ Years of Web Hosting Experience!
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    cPanel | CloudLinux | R1Soft | Softaculous
    Find us on facebook and follow us on twitter @bihira

You should definitely check out the shared hosting offers section on this forum. You will probably see alot of USA based hosting but some US based hosts also have EU operations. Good luck in you search.
    Plutomic Hosting
    Empowering Your Web Ventures
    In Business Since 2005
    Specializing in Web Hosting, VPS, Managed Dedicated Servers and Managed Colocation

Please search in the offer forum. Sure you can get what you want!
    ControlVM.com :: Cloud Hosting Reliable Xen VPS :: Serving Customer From More Than 40 Countries.
    Hosting Services Available in the USA ● Germany ● Malaysia ● Singapore and Hong Kong

Well not going for unlimited offers is really a good start since some kept buying that kind of promotion. Like others have suggested, try the offer section forum. And when you see a host that you like try searching for reviews on them =)

That is reasonable to start with the smallest. But at the same time you need to keep in mind possibility to upgrade within the same company

Quote Originally Posted by SiberForum View Post
    But at the same time you need to keep in mind possibility to upgrade within the same company
    That is what exactly he is looking for.

It is good to see that someone doesn't want to get "unlimited". I really appreciate such requirements. There are plenty of good UK hosts and my suggestion is to try to find a local company. I know a few excellent providers but I dod not have any kind of customer history, business relationship or experience with them, so I can not recommend them. However I'm interested to learn more about how did your web host disappear? Didn't they transfer your account to someone?
    Host Color Cloud Servers & Dedicated Hosting & European Infrastructure Hosting
    U.S. Data center 90 miles from Chicago
    Network ★ AS46873 Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net, Midwest Peering
    24/7 Support 1-574-367-2393; Skype: HostColor

take a look to http://www.unitedhosting.co.uk/ they have been on the market for at least 5 years.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

they have been on the market for at least 5 years.
    Looks like they recently passed the 11 years mark from their incorporation.

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc View Post
    Looks like they recently passed the 11 years mark from their incorporation.
    Yes, but as a hosting company the first trace is on 2002 (according to archive.org) however, still is more than 5 years
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

You may want to check the hosting offers section for UK Hosts. There are quite a few good ones.

Another thing you need to do is your homework on the host in question. If they want your business they will answer any question truthfully.

Another thing to avoid is companies that have been operating for less than 1 year as those are the ones who usually go under.

Just my 2p.

Dom

Talk to Craig over at Kualo. I know that at least a portion of their network is resident there in the UK and they have been a reputable host for over ten years.

They may not be the cheapest but then that really isn't the best parameter to use for host selection either.

Ive taken a look on the 1st few pages of hosting offered forum section and seen some i like. Ive sent a few emails to them and i might be sending some more later on to other sites.

Im just looking now and comparing the sites etc.. to see which would work out the best of just getting shared hosting then upgrading later. I also go on the speed of emails to get back to me. One site i have come across the emails between working hours are answered within 30mins or less! and the guy is so polite and gives me what i want to hear! even gives me a 2nd back up idea!!

Edit: my last part was about trusta host WHO has replied in my topic which i didn't see, Btw Dominic i was talking to you via email as your shift was just finishing! if you remember me!
    Last edited by Itslee; 10-29-2009 at 08:31 PM.

Itslee,

Why don't you buy a hosting package and add your friends domains to it? A lot of my clients host blogs for themselves and then add their friends accounts as addons. It wouldn't cost anything extra and means you wouldn't need to get a reseller account unless you really had to (or liked having WHM control).

Scott.
    Last edited by HostThree; 10-29-2009 at 09:14 PM.