virtuozo like windows vps

Is there any other system that is similar to Virtuozzo which is not as expensive as virtuozzo in hosting windows VPS. We attempted to look into hyper-v but it appears to use an insane amount of ram and also requires we buy a large number of windows licenses which are not at all discounted for being a vps. How is it possible people can offer windows VPS for under $40 when Microsoft wants nearly that much under SPLA for the licensing. I must be missing something here. We only intend to use up to about 10-20 VPS total right now. Virtuozzo seems to be the best way to go but the cost per VPS is very high on low number of licenses.

What is the best option here?

Isn't it just a single DC edition license?

You can use unlimited guests with the Datacenter Edition

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserv...atacenter.aspx
    Psychz Networks - Dedicated Servers, Co-location | GigePipe - High Bandwidth Servers | PhotonVPS - SSD Cloud
    True Layer 7 DDoS Mitigation | BGP Optimized by Noction Intelligent Routing | Asia-Pacific Low Latency Routes
    Los Angeles, CA (US West) | Dallas, TX (US East) | Ashburn, VA (US East)

I downloaded the trial version of datacenter edition but it does not come with anything to create the guests with. plus the price tage for this version once the trial runs out is like $2000 per CPU which is a bit more then I care to pay. virtuozzo is cheaper then that. I was hoping for something a bit more affordable as I keep seeing these companies offering windows VPS for under $30. a couple places seem to have it for as low as $15 for windows vps or even lower. There has to be some way they are able to do this.

We are not needing a large operation here but buying VPs from other companies is getting costly. We just need an affordable way to handle under 20 VPS. A $2000 copy of windows is not the best way to go. Not to mention as far as I can tell we will need 3 times as much hardware on hyper-v then we would need on virtuozzo. If the $250 monthly price for virtuozzo the only good option?

With the Datacenter edition it's not $2000 through SPLA. You can follow these directions to add guests:

http://www.windowsreference.com/hype...rtual-machine/

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
    Psychz Networks - Dedicated Servers, Co-location | GigePipe - High Bandwidth Servers | PhotonVPS - SSD Cloud
    True Layer 7 DDoS Mitigation | BGP Optimized by Noction Intelligent Routing | Asia-Pacific Low Latency Routes
    Los Angeles, CA (US West) | Dallas, TX (US East) | Ashburn, VA (US East)

DataCenter is around $100 per month and will let you create unlimited guest Windows 2008 VPS (via Hyper-V). Its the best way to go if you are on a budget. You can't oversell the Hyper-V VPS though so your profit is actually going to be lower than virtuozzo. When you get enough money you can do virtuozzo too
    LA Hyper-V 4 GB RAM VPS Sale Now On!- Free Dotnetpanel + SimpleDNS!
    Worldwide Hosting Options - USA - UK - Europe - Australia - Canada - Singapore
    5 Start Customer Rating - Click Here For More Details - BBB Accredited - Since 1993