Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows 7 Bug

Angry Windows 7 Bug

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...5-ca07573658cf

Is this bug affecting anyone other than me? I can be writing to my second or third drive and it just randomly locks up and the drive vanishes out of Windows entirely until I reboot.

It's frustrating me.

I haven't had an issue since I upgraded to Windows 7. I know there are many windows updates available already. Do you have them all installed? Maybe there is a fix available already?
    Currently hosting with Big Brain Global Networks

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleH View Post
    I haven't had an issue since I upgraded to Windows 7. I know there are many windows updates available already. Do you have them all installed? Maybe there is a fix available already?
    I am as up-to-date as it gets.

A few Windows 7 bugs that I've been experiencing due to screensavers.

1. It just stays in the blank screensaver, and I can't get do anything unless I reboot. It was fixed in a Windows update, before launch.

2. Now, my touchpad doesn't respond to my movements until 4-5 seconds after I move my mouse, while there is a screensaver.

Never had those problems with Vista.
    Otto Yiu
    Rsync Palace ● Providing offsite backups since 2007.
    Backomatic ● Hassle-free Automated cPanel/WHM, DirectAdmin, FTP, and MySQL backups.

I've been running it on a few laptops and desktops without issues... definitely cant say I am seeing the issues in this thread.
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

I've been running Windows 7 since the original beta, currently using RTM on laptop and desktop. Definitely more reliable than Vista, but I have been experiencing a few bugs, mostly related to IE choking on Flash or JavaScript.

Nothing like the OP's link though. That sounds more like they need a BIOS update to fix a crappy AHCI implementation or something. Switch it to SATA legacy mode?

Quote Originally Posted by -OY- View Post
    A few Windows 7 bugs that I've been experiencing due to screensavers.

1. It just stays in the blank screensaver, and I can't get do anything unless I reboot. It was fixed in a Windows update, before launch.

2. Now, my touchpad doesn't respond to my movements until 4-5 seconds after I move my mouse, while there is a screensaver.

Never had those problems with Vista.
    Try switching to a non-Aero theme. If it improves, you probably need to download a Windows 7 specific driver from from your video card manufacturer... I had screensaver issues and a long delay for the UAC prompt (because of the background fade) on one machine, which was fixed with a new driver. Just a thought!

I am running beta, still and I can write UTF-8 characters to Notepad...

The damn drive bug is really making me irate now.

Looks like a lot of people are in the same boat as you, after a quick internet search.

I'm also about to get my new SSD drives in a day or two, and I have 4 more internal sata drives to attach. I was planning to install Win7 but I just might keep my Vista until I see an update that fixes the problems.
    Fraud Record - Stop Fraud Clients, Report Abusive Customers.
    █ Combine your efforts to fight misbehaving clients.

HarzemDesign - Highest quality, well designed and carefully coded hosting designs. Not cheap though.
    █ Large and awesome portfolio, just visit and see!

Quote Originally Posted by Dougy View Post
    The damn drive bug is really making me irate now.
    Can you check the BIOS to see what mode the SATA controller is operating in? If it's in AHCI mode, I would try legacy/ATA mode to see if there's a difference. If you're already in legacy/ATA mode, you probably won't be able to switch to AHCI mode, though.

Have any spare SATA controllers laying around?

This is why I wanted to wait on Windows 7. After the whole Vista disaster I'm a bit causes (more so) with Microsoft when they release new Operating Systems. I hope the issue gets resolved because I've seen some really cool features and videos about Windows 7. I never had the honor to actually use the Operating System.
    We develop brand identity for the web.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Services ~ Custom Web Design, Branding & Identity, Development, Hosting & more!
    Portfolio ~ Websites, User Interfaces, Widgets & more!

Quote Originally Posted by The-Pixel View Post
    This is why I wanted to wait on Windows 7. After the whole Vista disaster I'm a bit causes (more so) with Microsoft when they release new Operating Systems. I hope the issue gets resolved because I've seen some really cool features and videos about Windows 7. I never had the honor to actually use the Operating System.
    Nothing wrong with win 7... OP needs to update his machine.

You can tell the attitude in the first post... instead of asking for help, he calls it a bug. lol
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hekwu View Post
    Nothing wrong with win 7... OP needs to update his machine.

You can tell the attitude in the first post... instead of asking for help, he calls it a bug. lol
    As far as I can tell, the problem is all over the internet with people using latest hardware and latest drivers.
    Fraud Record - Stop Fraud Clients, Report Abusive Customers.
    █ Combine your efforts to fight misbehaving clients.

HarzemDesign - Highest quality, well designed and carefully coded hosting designs. Not cheap though.
    █ Large and awesome portfolio, just visit and see!

Quote Originally Posted by Dougy View Post
    http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...5-ca07573658cf

Is this bug affecting anyone other than me? I can be writing to my second or third drive and it just randomly locks up and the drive vanishes out of Windows entirely until I reboot.

It's frustrating me.
    Yet to see... thanks for the update... i should keep a watch on this.

I am using Windows 7 RC. My windows have another problem regarding Internet explorer. After sometime "BackPage" icon stops working. Only I can navigate back pages by selecting them from menu.

I run the same kind of configuration and I haven't run into this problem.
    » Kayako customer service software and live chat software- your customers deserve better than helpdesk

I'm running the Retail version (Technet). Dont see this issue. Seems like a limited concentration bug (limited to a few systems or due to addition of other software/components).

So, is W7 better than XP? I should change?

Quote Originally Posted by RDOSTI View Post
    I'm running the Retail version (Technet). Dont see this issue. Seems like a limited concentration bug (limited to a few systems or due to addition of other software/components).
    I haven't experienced any issues either, I'd be interested to know what sort of hardware the people with issues are using. I'm on name-brand systems and have had no issues, granted the only systems that have multiple drives use SAS primarily.

Maybe their hardware isn't "Windows 7 Ready"

Quote Originally Posted by ElijahSnow View Post
    So, is W7 better than XP? I should change?
    Depends...

If you want new features and to use the latest hardware and software for Windows to their full potential, then yes. Just might want to check the HCL first (but who does that?).

If you you want simple stability, you can stick with XP until someone/something forces you to upgrade. Hell, I'd still be using Windows 2000 Professional still if they had the latest versions of DX, IE, WMP, etc. available on it.

NO nothing here since i got my FREE Window's 7.Just so fantastic.

I haven't installed it yet... I'm actually going to wait for a bit prior to upgrading (I want to do a few hardware changes first).

Seems this issue is common though when searching, hope they fix it before I switch from Vista to it.
    Nothing here right now.

This is driving me crazy. I'm going back to windows XP later today.

Luckily I haven't experienced this yet sounds like a pain in the arse!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast