(mt)'s (dv)Rage vs. WiredTree's Hybrid1

I have a (dv)RAGE with Media Temple, but I'm looking to move to a managed solution. I've heard very, very good things about WiredTree. Their Hybrid1 server is at the same price, $100/month. Plus more storage, more transfer, same RAM. Looks like similar hardware.

Basically... why SHOULDN'T I make this move? What's the potential downside? Seems too good to be true.

Unfortunately I haven't had any experience with MT but I have been a client of WiredTree for almost half a year now. I've been using their Hybrid servers for about 4 months and it's completely flawless. Their support is excellent and I believe they have an ongoing promotion where you can get an extra 512MB RAM for free on their hybrid servers.

No direct experiences with WT. But the from the reviews I found here your decision won't go wrong, as they have such great reputation here.

WT is awesome and their Hybrid's are just more powerful versions of their VPS. I can't see how you can go wrong.

Thanks guys! I was just a little worried as it's the same price and usually managed solutions are much more expensive. But it looks like WireTree has a lot of great reviews.

I just don't know how they can offer it so cheap! Are their Hybrid1 servers any less powerful than (dv)RAGE?

Never having used the (dv)RAGE server I have not way of comparing them. Why not run some benchmarks (ex: Unixbench that can be found on these forums) on your VPS and compare them to those on WT? Not an exact way to compare how your sites will run on either but good enough for a rough feel. Having said that WT's normal VPS's are at/near the top of performance of any VPS that I've used.

Make sure to check the offers forum as WT is running a promo that gives Hybrid servers an additional 512MB of memory, a really fantastic offer.

You need to look at what your getting now and what you could be getting. Have you had any serious issues with MT? Have you used their support, abuse or billing department and if so how have they treated you? Granted you will obtain more storage, more transfer, same RAM but it's a headache to transfer web hosting companies if you don't have too.

I've always seen positive reviews regarding both companies so I can see why you would be torn between the two companies. Best of luck!
    We develop brand identity for the web.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Services ~ Custom Web Design, Branding & Identity, Development, Hosting & more!
    Portfolio ~ Websites, User Interfaces, Widgets & more!