This is slightly off-topic but since I bet alot of people here use DNSMadeEasy to host, it would be the best place to post this.

I'm currently using DME as my DNS host for failover. I recently enabled their backup mail service and they changed my MX records with their servers which were needed so that my mail could be held by them in case my smtp server goes down.

Well, unknown to me they started employing anti-spam techniques on my mail as it passed through! I already have 2 separate spam filtering servers so I noticed fairly quickly that legitimate email was being blocked. Apparently dnsmadeeasy greylists all mail which is a pretty hefty step to take if you know anything about spam filtering. There is NO way to disable this or control it.

I am extremely frustrated because I view DNS hosting on par with ISPs. ISPs don't filter your web content. DNS should filter DNS requests, nor should they filter your mail (with no recourse).

Of course my recourse is to stop using them and use someone else. But I wanted to check here and see what everyone thought - or if anyone could recommend a service that is just a responsive and doesn't cost $1000 a month

Thanks!!!!